Author Topic: Son of a ..... Passat got tapped...  (Read 2455 times)

evil_O

• Modded
Son of a ..... Passat got tapped...
« on: July 16, 2005, 06:23:46 AM »
....wife had the Passat down in a well to do part of Cherry Creek yesterday - you would think most in that area could afford to own up to something like this.  She got all the way home only to realize that someone tapped the rear end of her car while she was parked on the street.

A$$$$$HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLes.  That crap just pi$$3s me the f off.  

I did what I could with 3M rubbing compound and swirl mark removal but it just is not enough.  We (she) will be calling around for estimates to see if it can be buffed out professionally.  I guess the worst case is that it will have to be repainted... if so maybe we can just get the lowers done at the same time.

First on the list is Mattocks Bros.

........I am sick to my stomach.   :(
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 07:16:47 AM »
Ouch - sorry to hear it. Especially bad when the car is so spotless - hope you guys find a good way to get it fixed without too much $$$.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 07:16:47 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 07:20:58 AM »
Jeremy, that sucks big time.  I am bummed for you all.  If you drive it up here on thursday, we can hit it with my Porter Cable and see what we can do there, if you want.

can you post up some pics of the damage?

evil_O

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 02:24:39 PM »
Thanks Jon... we might do that.  The damage is not as bad as I first suspected last night - I thought it was through the paint but was so pissed I just had to leave it.  I rubbed the sh*t out of it by hand with what I had here.  It may come all the way out... I dunno.  I do know that I will not be satisfied unless it is totally taken care of...

frustrating.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »
unfortunately that area is full of cell phone using SUV drivers.  Most of them are too clueless (and/or old) to notice that they hit something.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

evil_O

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 02:52:04 PM »
...well.. if I had been there and seen them do it.. they would have noticed right away as I was yanking there cell phone talking ass right out their window....

:twisted:

ok ok... I need to let this go.

deeeeeepppp breath
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 04:00:10 PM »
I am very sorry to hear that.  I hope you can buff it out or find someone who can.

The same thing happened to me on my way home on Hampden going over Federal a few years back.  I pulled over expecting the offending driver who bumped me to do the same.  But no,  the a$$ kept driving like nothing happened.  I tried to follow and catch up, but he got far enough ahead of me that I got caught at a intersection light and lost him.  Come to think of it, I think he was on a cell phone as well!!!   :evil:
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 06:54:15 PM »
Someone tagged my car while it was parked at CSU.  They hit it hard enough to cause a crease in the bumper, and scrape the paint off completely.
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
I have two license plate screw heads imprinted on my rub strip of my rear bumper.
I wish I could do the same thing to their knee caps!
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 11:20:55 PM »
Damn that sucks...Karma will get their ass sooner or later :evil:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 02:04:18 AM »
The way some of the cell phone-using SUV drivers on the road act, I'm almost inclined to say that whichever dumbass did it, probably didn't even notice.

But then, they probably did notice and just lacked the decency.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

evil_O

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 01:53:28 PM »
We should be getting an esitmate some time this week.  Not much damage after all my rubbing.. but something needs to be done to fix the scratches that I cannot get out on both the paint and the chrome stripping.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

evil_O

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 01:02:57 PM »
The good news.  Cost to fix is roughly $350.  They were able to buff most of it out but there is one minor scratch that you can see.  Oh.. and there are some smaller ones on the chrome piece.

Then the wife asked about painting the lowers... he started to walk around the car and that is when he noticed it....................  We have been hit before!!!!!

yep... passenger side front bumper.  Pretty square on but hard enough to crack the paint.  I had seen it before but thought it was an imperfection in the clear bra that was put on (not by IDS btw).  

Cost to fix that one?  No official quote as of yet but around the $600 mark.  He did not want to do up any paper until we figure out what we wanna do; close the first claim and open this one, keep the first and open another for the front - which would suck 'cause it would be two claims real close to each other, or.... suck it up and have nothing done.

If you are wondering about the lowers, we were quoted about $600 for all of it.  They did my GTi and no chips in two years of running 'em.  So....

... maybe we should just claim the front bumper... not have them fix that, but have the funds go to the lowers?  I dunno.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 04:16:38 PM »
Depends on your insurance.  Mine told me once that if I claim less than $1K my rates do not go up.  So if you could get all the work done under that figure you could pay only one deductable.  I do not know if I'd lose the accident-free discount or if this would be Comprehensive or what.

However if it were my car (depending on the color) I'd be tempted to do it myself, if we are talking bumpers, ground effects, etc.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 05:26:12 PM »
I've heard and seen the same with the "under $1000" mark.  If it is just minor, I wouldn't worry about it. But then, I still have the student mentality where a lot of things don't bother me.  If you want to keep the Passat in tip-top shape, I'd keep up with it and have it done.  Don't want you getting used to having dings, scratches, and paint chips on your car!

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay