Author Topic: WOW...when did this model Passat come out?  (Read 3341 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
WOW...when did this model Passat come out?
« on: July 21, 2005, 03:49:34 PM »
I had no idea VW made a W12 Passat in 2004 especially at such an affordable price!

http://www.sellmycar.com/73265.htm

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »
OMG someone has to jump on that!  You could easly make $20+ k if you resold it!  Prolly an estate sale?  I wish I had $29k laying around or I would do it!!!
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 04:13:53 PM »
LOL, I wonder if you could hold them to that, if they are that dumb. Wasn't there a dealer who listed an RS6 as an A6 2.7T and basically got stuck selling it for $30K when it was a $70K car.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:28:27 PM »
Wow, that's pretty dumb. Now all we need for them to do is to sell one of those rare and elusive turbocharged Porsche Boxster GT3's. :)

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 09:50:10 PM »
That seller got the Black Klavieriack Piano Paint right, but not the model?!!!  :roll:
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 10:19:54 PM »
I say someone should buy it....then let the mods begin.  That paint job is truly amazing, seen one in person.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 10:33:26 PM »
Actually, he only got it semi-right. Once you guys said it, I noticed the "Klavieriack", and wondering why somebody would make a nonsensical German word like that, "Klavier" meaning "Piano", and "Iack" meaning absolutely nothing, I looked it up.

As I figured, the correct spelling is "Klavierlack", which literally means "Piano Paint".  Black like a piano. You get it.

So no, (s)he couldn't even get the color of the car right.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 12:28:51 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
I say someone should buy it....then let the mods begin.  That paint job is truly amazing, seen one in person.

I'll get right on that :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 01:14:11 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"

Can it be modded? And I looked on the VW website...the Phaeton W12 starts at $96,000!  I had no idea they wanted a $30,000 premium for the W12 model (I'm guessing there're more differences than just the engine).  

Ben

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 01:20:58 PM »
Yeah, there are a few good mods for the W12 Phaeton, one is called the Hot Blonde. So if you have that car chances are you will be able to get a Hot Blonde to occupy the passenger seat.

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 01:40:07 PM »
Quote from: "BHase"

And I looked on the VW website...the Phaeton W12 starts at $96,000!  I had no idea they wanted a $30,000 premium for the W12 model
Ben

I think they are having trouble selling all models of the Phaeton at any price.
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
I agree, I mean the mentality is, who would spend $70 - $100K on a VW?  No one.  Well, obviously a few, but most of that money ends up in Audi's hands with the A8, however I do think teh Phaeton is a wonderful car and if I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket I might consider it...then again, there are a lot of cars you can get for $100K.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 02:11:48 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I agree, I mean the mentality is, who would spend $70 - $100K on a VW?  No one.  Well, obviously a few, but most of that money ends up in Audi's hands with the A8, however I do think teh Phaeton is a wonderful car and if I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket I might consider it...then again, there are a lot of cars you can get for $100K.

Volkswagen....Maserati...Volkswagen...Maserati...Hmmmm...

Ben

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 03:12:39 PM »
Quote from: "BHase"
Actually, he only got it semi-right. Once you guys said it, I noticed the "Klavieriack", and wondering why somebody would make a nonsensical German word like that, "Klavier" meaning "Piano", and "Iack" meaning absolutely nothing, I looked it up.

As I figured, the correct spelling is "Klavierlack", which literally means "Piano Paint".  Black like a piano. You get it.

So no, (s)he couldn't even get the color of the car right.

Ben

ops, I didn't see the typo, but close enough (not like Passat and Phaeton).
The Piano Lacquer finish is stunning -- I'm wondering how it will age and if it needs special maintanence or care.
There's also a special order Helios paint option which is even more expensive I believe.  I haven't seen the Helios in person yet.

The Phaeton W12 is indeed an amazing car, but then again so are other cars in it's class (notably the A8L and Maserati Quattroporte, which are in the VW family) and they have the prestige that people are wanting to paying for in the first place.  I think the Phaeton is nicer than the Jaguar XJ, and Mercedes S-class, and Cadillac STS -- but my car of choice would be the Quattroporte.

Unfortunately, because of fierce competition you'll see heavy dealer discounts, which pretty much puts it in closer competition to the BMW 5-series and Mercedes E-class in terms of pricing and desirability.

I've seen a modestly modded Phaeton, I believe it was from MTM.
It was mostly cosmetic (wheels, suspension, very subtle spoiler package and a new grille), but very sharp looking.

For a 2004 Passat, $29,000 seems kinda high.  And how could not notice the Phaeton badges on the trunk, shifter, and owners' manuals.  I'm wondering if there is a lein on the car, or if it had some damage to it, or a blemished title on it.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 03:59:13 PM »
Hold on...Maserati isn't in the VW family, is it? I thought the Maserati lineage goes,

Maserati -> Ferrari -> Fiat?

Am I incorrect on that?

Ben

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 04:38:03 PM »
I believe you are correct, although I am unsure on the Fiat connection.

The Audi brand group is made up of the Audi, SEAT and Lamborghini brands. The Volkswagen brand group includes the Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Škoda, Bentley and Bugatti brands.
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 05:44:03 PM »
Quote from: "PasSoup"
I believe you are correct, although I am unsure on the Fiat connection.

I know that Fiat definitely owns Ferrari.  I was also reasonably sure that Ferrari had ownership of Maserati, especially since Maseratis are constructed in the same Modena compound as their bucking horse brethren.  I remember also some debate, as there was some talk several years ago of a GM takeover of Fiat, about the future of Ferrari if this ever happened (maybe they'd extend employee pricing discounts? :twisted:)...

In any case, with car companies constantly being traded, sold (I always thought the Renault ownership of Nissan was entertaining), merged with, and dissolved, I thought maybe Maserati had somehow fallen out of the hands of good-ole Fix-It-Again-Tony (a.k.a. FIAT).  But I think it would be hard to snag Maserati without including Ferrari in the bargain.

Ben

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 07:31:26 PM »
I think VW has a small interest in Maserati, as I've heard that the Maserati Kubang SUV concept may use a VW platform if it goes into production.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 07:00:59 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Yeah, there are a few good mods for the W12 Phaeton, one is called the Hot Blonde. So if you have that car chances are you will be able to get a Hot Blonde to occupy the passenger seat.

LOL, good point.  Better make it two hot blondes...and a brunette, just to be safe.  Make them all models while you are at it.

Here are a couple pics I have garnered over the years that I deem worthy.

Granted, one is not really even a picture, but still is pretty nice...

This one is a pchop of a real picture in LA.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »
That last one gave me the chills. Beautiful.  Is it a p-chop because it isn't an actual location picture, or a p-chop of a Phaeton that doesn't exist? Because if that Phaeton exists...I'm impressed.

Ben

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 07:24:54 PM »
I think parts of it are real.  That is definitely LA, but the overall pic seems to have been massaged.  There are parts of the car that aren't the way the picture was taken, such as the deleted door handles, tail end, tint and license plate.  I really like it too.  The first one was my wallpaper for something like 8 months.  It was originally created by DubNation, and I edited it to make it a suitable wallpaper.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.