Author Topic: You haven't seen anything yet....  (Read 1281 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
You haven't seen anything yet....
« on: July 23, 2005, 08:31:01 PM »
.... If you have gone for a ride with me, you haven't seen anything yet.  It turns out my car has been running slow since I got the Stage 3+ kit.  

One, my DV valve had a bad diaphram in it.  
Two, I have a boost leak somewhere that I need to find.  
Joel lent me a porsche DV (or something like that) which won't allow my car to go over 16psi... and it is faster than it has ever been.  It is supposed to do 22-24psi.  
I still have a boost leak somewhere which is keeping me from reaching full potential.  I am wondering if I had this back when we did that dyno day... it would help explain why I only did 209whp.  Monday Joel is going to help me figure out where the leak is and hopefully I can get my car running 100% then.  

I thought it was fast... just wait.  With it only doing 16psi, I pulled away from a motorcycle last night (think it was a 600, but not sure)....  can't wait to see what it does with full 22-24psi.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

BTW, it has been nice having my license.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:34:20 PM »
You're the first person I've met that has commented that the car seems "slow" after putting on a Stage 3+ kit. But it sounds like when you've got those problems all worked out, you're going to have a blast.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:34:20 PM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 09:16:24 PM »
It is still fun!  But Joel fixed something yesterday, and it is quicker than ever and he told me it is still running slow....  And believe me, it is still fast now....
Life's too short to be taken seriously

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 04:26:12 AM »
You have an APR ECU with 91-104 oct programs?  You should look at APR's boost maps to see what they set the max psi's at.  You are prolly going to have to select the 100 oct program to get 20 psi or better.  The ECU is going to open the wastegate more and earlier on the lower oct modes and it will always retard timing and open the wastegate when the knock sensors are triggered.
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 04:50:46 AM »
jeez, that's sick!