Author Topic: A Day of Mourning.  (Read 1126 times)

evil_O

• Modded
A Day of Mourning.
« on: July 23, 2005, 11:15:44 PM »
Hang you heads low.
When you feel the tears, let them come.
Pour a drink from your bottle to the ground.
Hold your loved ones close and tell them you love them.

My '01 GTi is officially DEAD.  

It is true.  I saw her yesterday at Park Meadows.  I am not kidding, it was gut wrenching for me.  Some snot nosed kid with rich parents bought it (cash) for him last October.  I held onto the glimmer of hope their son would treat her well, be proud of her, and .........

THAT DID NOT HAPPEN  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I feel guilty about it now.  I cannot get the broken image of her out of my head.  

What have I done?

.............I feel sick
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
A Day of Mourning.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 11:47:28 PM »
NOOOOO!! Was it.... was it..... RICED? 8O :cry:

Or banged up (not as bad as riced-out)?
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

A Day of Mourning.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 11:47:28 PM »

evil_O

• Modded
A Day of Mourning.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 11:56:07 PM »
No not rice.  If it was rice she might have been at least taken care of.

Trash on the inside, a grease spot on the rear passenger side quarter panel and window - not sure where this came from but it looks like a big fat sweaty dude leaned up against it with no cothes on - and then rubbed himself all over it.

The REs were on it... but you could not tell really - a layer of dust so thick I do not think they have been washed or rotated since the day he took ownership - yes Charles.. the dust was about 10x worse than yours :wink: .  That is the other thing... tires up front are super worn - beyond the warning bars... and the tires in back....?   fine.  

Paint scuffs on the front passenger side quarter.... and it looks like he had a drunk night about two months ago.  Dried spit and $hit down the driver's side door and rear quarter.  

No wax... dust, dirt and grime all over it....

o the horror.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

BHase

• Modded
A Day of Mourning.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 06:34:48 PM »
Maybe it is just an exception? I generally try to take care of my car, as far as I can afford to, but for example, on three separate occasions have people, who I no longer talk to, thrown up in and on my car.  This usually happens when someone is too drunk, but has some sort of ego trip and doesn't want to throw up in a bathroom, then on the highway rolls down the window and lets loose. Naturally, at 50-70 MPH, things don't all go outside of the car, as much as on and in the back.  The poor girls out at Waterway Car Wash in St. Louis...I feel bad every time! So if you saw my car on a normal day, you'd see a little bit wrong here and there, maybe a little bit of pollen on it.  But on a rare occasion, you might see vomit.  It all depends!

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
A Day of Mourning.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 06:47:50 PM »
Now that is just a cryin shame Jerry.  I hate to hear about that.  It's happened to me before.  My 84 Calloway Scirocco had the same fate befall it.

Sold it for $3500 to a kid just out of hight school, and almost cried when it drove off.  The only consolation was the shiny white 16v Scirocco I had replaced it with.  Still, it was a badass VW.

I still miss it.  Sniff.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.