Author Topic: Official Schedule of Events: 1st Annual GTG  (Read 6245 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Official Schedule of Events: 1st Annual GTG
« on: August 29, 2003, 12:53:16 PM »
Here is the first annual schedule of events:

Friday Night:
Nothing planned, but if people are going to be in town, maybe we can meet out at a bar or something like that.

Saturday:

Morning-afternoon:
Drive # 1 - We're thinking about doing the drive that Jon's Mini group did earlier this month.  If we don't want to do the whole thing, we can cut out the part that goes down to Colorado Springs.

Where to meet:
Pat's House
8457 S. Reed St.   #101
Littleton 80128
http://maps.yahoo.com//maps_result?name=&ed=ADGUBOp_0TqfbNZNT9wDSDkAQKa7NY4e8BUDJhCZUJFISsmwqIQWJ1sykmnhsHVTO.vzPDl63vcrdAodr.i73P8.SosRTAtrfJD9RPV7YMArb228moFlWG1200A-&csz=Littleton%2C+CO+80128-6384&desc=&mag=9&ds=n&state=CO&uzip=80128&country=US&BFClick=&BFKey=bfkey&resize=s

Jesse (Salt Lake Jesse or CRD99 on CB5) may meet us in Silver on
Saturday afternoon.

Evening:
BBQ at Chas' house, if he is still up for having it.  If not, we'll need to decide where to have this, so Chas, if you are out there, let me know.

Chas' Address:
17973 E. Bates Ave.
Aurora, CO 80013

Map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=5drHu.p_0TovgFcpsRdrufgPfauLUjF0AG_7.A--&csz=Aurora%2C+CO+80013&country=us

Sunday:

Morning-afternoon:
Drive # 2 - We had talked about going through Rocky Mountain National Park, which is gorgeous.  If there is anyone that hasn't driven this before, I highly recommend it.

Meeting spot coming soon.

Evening:
BBQ at my house.  I've been doing a lot of yardwork to prepare, so bring one and all to enjoy the last of our nice weather before fall rolls in.

Winston's house:
7389 S. Eudora Ct
Centennial, CO 80122
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=VcYV1.p_0TrRCG0_RoSimPQ7sjrAa3ec.Qo-&csz=Centennial%2C+CO+80122&country=us

Monday:
All day - Track day.  It looks like we will have enough people to make it to SCR this year, although it will be a little more expensive than we were hoping for.  $100 for the whole day.  If we get more people to show up, then we'll be getting the difference in refunds.  Just showing up on Track day will not make you eligible for a refund.  That's the breaks for not planning ahead though...

SCR Website:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/SecondCreek.html
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 08:01:58 PM »
FYI-
There will not be enough parking spaces in the lot of my condo complex.  Just line up on the street in front of it.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 08:01:58 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 08:19:37 PM »
Is that where you live Pat.  I cannot count the number of times that I have driven past your place.  I am just up Wadsworth by Quincy.  I know you lived in my neck of the woods, just not that close.

I will make plans to attend Saturdays drive & BBQ.  Unfortunately I may not be available for Sunday, and definitely not Monday.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 08:22:22 PM »
Yep, that's my place.  Right next to 470.  When you get to my condo, look for three identical buildings.  It's a small complex called Greystoke Condos.  I'm in the northernmost of the three.
Or, you could just look for all the cool cars, yo.   :)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 08:24:50 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
Yep, that's my place.  Right next to 470.  When you get to my condo, look for three identical buildings.  It's a small complex called Greystoke Condos.  I'm in the northernmost of the three.
Or, you could just look for all the cool cars, yo.   :)

Pat, since Tarzan was already taken, we'll start calling you "Pat of Greystoke"...like you need another nickname...

Dave, I hope you can make it to the BBQ on Sunday.  That one's at my house.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 08:41:00 PM »
Carla has Sunday off.  I will see if I can get her to go on the drive and BBQ.  More likley the deciding factor will be Megan and I do not want to leave both of them stuck all weekend at home.  If not, I will at least try to make it to the BBQ.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »
At this point. I can make Saturday's events and possibly Sunday's BBQ. That's the plan anyway...unless my wife says something. She's got VETO power after all.
...she's at school...I miss her...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Some things to bring this weekend!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 04:04:06 PM »
Some good things to bring this weekend for the drive and track day:

Warm clothes
Water containers
FRS radios
Folding chairs
Coolers
Sunscreen
Insect repellant with DEET
Camera
VAG-COM if you have one.

I have a Bentley on CD and I plan on bringing my tools to the track which should cover most minor issues.  I'll also bring a big jack in case anyone needs to jack their car up.  If anyone can think of anything I left off of the list, let me know!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 04:07:50 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
At this point. I can make Saturday's events and possibly Sunday's BBQ. That's the plan anyway...unless my wife says something. She's got VETO power after all.
...she's at school...I miss her...

Sorry to hear that.  I hope to see you at the drive on Sunday then!  We're meeting at my place!  Say "Hi" to Tisha for Jen and I.

Jess

• n00balicious
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2003, 03:22:40 AM »
OK folks so I kind of need to figure out a departure time from Salt Lake. What time do you all think you'll arrive in Silver?
99 B5 1.8TM Colorado Red with a mod or two.
aka CRD99

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2003, 04:49:35 PM »
What time is everyone meeting at Pat's on Sat. morning? What's our head count or should I say car-count look like? This is gonna be fun!

Mark
mad wagon

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2003, 05:03:56 PM »
People are welcome any time.  
I just got a call from Champagne.  Not only is my turbo cooked, but I have a crack in the exhaust manifold.
-Chuck Patterson

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2003, 06:29:59 PM »

What's the general meeting time?

I just got a call from Champagne.  Not only is my turbo cooked, but I have a crack in the exhaust manifold.

What does this mean?  8O :( Will you not have a car for a while now?
mad wagon

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2003, 06:34:40 PM »
Quote from: "madigan"

What's the general meeting time?

What does this mean?  8O :( Will you not have a car for a while now?

The only part I still need is the manifold.  Everything else is already there.  Just gotta find that part and they'll do four hours of work.  If I can get the part tomorrow I'll be in for this weekend.
As for the starting time at my place, you may want to ask Winston.  I'm guessing 10 or 11.
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 09:47:13 PM »
Let's try and get an early start before the traffic builds up.  Unless there are any objections, let's plan to meet at Pat's place at 9am and leave at 9:30.  Jesse (CRD99) is going to meet us in Silver around noon, so we need to be there by then.

Jess

• n00balicious
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2003, 02:41:08 AM »
Pat do they have your car at the dealership right now? I have my old manifold sitting downstairs in a bag. I could bring it with me and we could do an install. The manifold isn't too difficult to get in there, well actually the dealership probably has your car all apart by now anyway.

Don't worry, I really wouldn't mind getting up later to meet you guys early afternoon in Silver. I still need to check the drive time from Salt Lake to Silver.
aka CRD99

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2003, 02:59:54 AM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Let's try and get an early start before the traffic builds up.  Unless there are any objections, let's plan to meet at Pat's place at 9am and leave at 9:30.  Jesse (CRD99) is going to meet us in Silver around noon, so we need to be there by then.

9am it is!

Mark
mad wagon

Jess

• n00balicious
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2003, 12:53:27 AM »
HEY HEY! I can't find Silver, CO on mapquest. Could someone tell me another name to use or a link to a map?
aka CRD99

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2003, 01:00:13 AM »
I'll do some research ASAP Jess until someone more knowledgeable chimes in...

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2003, 01:03:05 AM »
um, yeah...interesting.  No Silver, CO on yahoo maps either, lol.  Jess you have AIM or yahoo?  Hit me up on yahoo IM Wendy_Darling_2002 or AIM Wendy Darling 03 if you do and I'll try to help~

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2003, 01:25:58 AM »
Hey Jesse, Pat and I found that too.  I posted over on CB5 for you to give us a call when you get this.  Pat and I are planning on departing around 9:30.  

We'll probably be done with the drive about 12:30, sp why don't you meet us at Pat's.  Directions are above.  Call me when you get close to town at 720-318-5177, and we'll see where we are...

Ciao mang!

Jess

• n00balicious
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2003, 01:55:19 AM »
Winston-

That sounds like a great plan. We are probably going to leave Salt Lake around six am. That should put us in Denver sometime around early afternoon. I'll give you a call at that number once we're in cell range of Denver.

Jess
aka CRD99

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2003, 12:34:17 PM »
Have fun on today's drive.  I'm at the company picnic at 11:00 am but plan on attending Chas's shindig.  With Chas's approval I'll have two kids with me.  I also plan on making it out to W's but again will miss the drive.  As for Monday's track day, I have to head to Alb. NM to wine and dine a few accts.  

Rusty when do you plan on heading back to Alb NM?

I will bring beer and some snacks and cash to whatever I attend.

Again have fun and BE SAFE!

Rob

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2003, 09:30:38 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes.  Except for a CEL problem with Dave's ride, the trip went off without a hitch.  We even saw lots of police and they didn't pay us any special attention.  Subtle european flava!

We did pass a Viper/GT3000/Supra drive, and those cars were nice.  I have a soft spot for the Supra, so I dug it.

I got home and my new camera had finally arrived.  So much for on time, but with enought time for most of the events.  So pictures from today are going to come from Dave and JR, IIRC.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Pic posted in the gallery.
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2003, 01:48:20 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2003, 07:03:53 PM »
Awesome pictures guys...thanks for sharing those.  I am so bummed I am missing all this fun...but track day is only a few more hours away...well, after a full nights work for me. :cry:

See you all tomorrow, hope today's drive is going as well as yesterday's did

jon
 8)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2003, 09:17:15 PM »
I did not go on today's drive.  I am really wishing that I could, but I am having an equally amount of fun with my wife and daughter.  I will get some new pics up later today, as well as a bunch from the other guys I am sure.

Have fun at the track tomorrow! :D

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2003, 12:58:40 PM »
Awesome pics, Dave!

I will probably not be able to get mine up until tonight, but I have a bunch!  Mark, hold onto your hat, since some of the ones from the drive are from right before I bumped you (PTSD for me too)...