Author Topic: Ticket for Europlate  (Read 6329 times)

B5_Alex

• Lightly Modded
Hummm ....
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2005, 06:21:14 PM »
:P  :P  :P

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 06:30:10 PM »
Might want to go easy on this topic as I know a few Law Enforcement folk that visit here who might not appreciate that statement.  :lol:  8)  :)  :D  :P

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 06:30:10 PM »

B5_Alex

• Lightly Modded
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2005, 06:51:08 PM »
:P  :P  :P

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 07:02:18 PM »
Don't be afraid to express you opinions, but realize that this is a community. There is no reason to get so emotional about something like this. I posted as a lighthearted response, but my failure to use smilies and emoticons must have not made that clear.

Everyone who is not a police officer can sit back and say the same things you have. Then everyone that is a police officer could take the opposite side of what you said. There will always be that struggle.

I have been frustrated many a time about being hassled for stupid little things (stupid little things to me) but in the end, no matter how stupid it was, the law worked against me.

I have found nine times out of 10 that leniency is the popular path with law enforcement. In them being lenient I could have been a murderer on the run, I could have continued in my ways and hurt someone. However, I have a feeling keeping my compsure and doing everything I was asked contributed to the leniency.

If it weren't for the idiots of the world we wouldn't have these stupid laws and be pulled over for minute things such as euro plates. However, dipshits, a la the guy that hit and killed a young girl a few years back, ruin it for all of us. Colorado actually stood a chance of losing the front plate until that happened.

So relax, this is the internet, feel free to share your views, but think before you write and consider the impact it has. If you want to blame someone for the ticky tacky things we all get bugged about, blame the idiots that ruined it for the rest of us by doing something stupid that in turn caused these laws to be created.

We still love you Alex, you and your lime hat cat.

B5_Alex

• Lightly Modded
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 07:06:32 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"

We still love you Alex, you and your lime hat cat.

Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away ... :oops:  :oops:  :oops: I better stick to VW issues ...  :)

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 07:07:01 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
If you want to blame someone for the ticky tacky things we all get bugged about, blame the idiots that ruined it for the rest of us by doing something stupid that in turn caused these laws to be created.

Yeah...stupid idiots that got the autobahn banned from the states :evil: :lol:
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 07:11:43 PM »
Yeah, damn the...oh...well...hey we used to have higher speeds! My old Honda CB 200 (1972) used to have the orange mark for hte speed limit at 70.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2005, 03:38:18 PM »
Quote from: "evil_O"
Colorado Revised Statutes

Look for Title 42 (Laws pertaining to traffic in CO.) - I think you will have to click on the 'more' tab on the tree to the left... if you have questions on interpretation PM me and I will see what I can do.  This way you have the information at your fingertips.   :D

I went to this site and all I got lost.  I think I found TITLE 42 but there is so much other stuff.  My brain hurts.
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

evil_O

• Modded
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2005, 03:58:37 PM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood"

I went to this site and all I got lost.  I think I found TITLE 42 but there is so much other stuff.  My brain hurts.

I feel ya.  

Looks like I missed an interesting post yesterday.  I am bummed that I missed he... hehehehe  :lol:
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2005, 11:25:10 PM »
Quote from: "Cole"

(3) Every head lamp upon every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle, shall be located at a height measured from the center of the head lamp of not more than fifty-four inches nor less than twenty-four inches, to be measured as set forth in section 42-4-204 (3).

Ha!  I may be under the limit!  I'm pretty sure I was when I was on the coils.  It's prolly close now.  54" is way up there though.  If you are raised that much, just put some auxiliary lights down low and turn them on as headlights.  More lights are always better on a serious rig.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

BHase

• Modded
Ticket for Europlate
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 08:52:54 PM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood"
Quote from: "evil_O"
Colorado Revised Statutes

Look for Title 42 (Laws pertaining to traffic in CO.) - I think you will have to click on the 'more' tab on the tree to the left... if you have questions on interpretation PM me and I will see what I can do.  This way you have the information at your fingertips.   :D

If you want somebody to come up with a summation, PM me, and it's $250/hour.  :D Just kidding, I can't do that.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay