Author Topic: Back to the 'Lou  (Read 1642 times)

BHase

• Modded
Back to the 'Lou
« on: August 17, 2005, 08:59:41 PM »
After a fun 3 and 1/2 months in Colorado, it is back to St. Louis for me!  I enjoyed meeting many of you (I mean of course that I enjoyed meeting everyone I did meet, not rather that I only enjoyed meeting some of you)!  

Tomorrow after a quick stop at Avalon for an oil change and a tire rotation, I'm out on my near-900-mile trek across scenic eastern Colorado and Kansas, and semi-scenic Missouri (kevlar vest is packed for when I stop in K.C. to visit a friend).  

I won't miss the high altitude and the 91 octane gas, however. I remember complaining back in May about the horsepower loss; now comes the bright side! When I go back, I'll feel that much better about the old 2.8. :)

I'll obviously still be around the board, harassing various persons (who should know it is all just in good fun, btw). :)

If anybody hasn't seen the heartland that is Kansas, I'm willing to take some pictures that really capture the essence of the first 8 hours of the 12 hour drive. Once you hit Topeka, it is almost like winning $2 with a $1 scratch ticket.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:08:37 PM »
Haha, good luck Ben, have fun back at school.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:08:37 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 01:54:29 AM »
have fun.  law school, right?  what year will this be?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

BHase

• Modded
Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 12:24:36 PM »
Quote from: "gragravar"
have fun.  law school, right?  what year will this be?

Yup, law school. I'm a 3L now, so I've got all the fun stuff ahead of me, like the bar exam. :)

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

gragravar

• Supercar
Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 01:31:54 PM »
eh, bar exam was easy.   :wink:   I mean you have learned it all already and you'll probably take a bar-bri prep class anyway.  It was concentrating during the spring semester of 3L that was tough.   at least you get to take the interesting classes this year!   Don't forget to have fun.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

BHase

• Modded
Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 06:47:23 AM »
gragravar: I am actually looking forward to the classes I'm taking this coming semester, except my 7:30 AM commercial law class. Where's the smilie with a "thumbs down"?

I'm now safely back in St. Louis.  Thanks to Randy and Avalon MS for doing a last-minute oil change/tire rotation for me, and referring me to the closest emissions place (I had forgotten to do my emissions testing, and was already close to the end of my temp tag period).  Randy: CEL turned back on 810 miles into the trip, but I passed emissions with ease! :)

Ben

gragravar

• Supercar
Back to the 'Lou
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 02:35:58 PM »
Quote from: "BHase"
gragravar: I am actually looking forward to the classes I'm taking this coming semester, except my 7:30 AM commercial law class. Where's the smilie with a "thumbs down"?

Ben

I feel for you - I did tax law at 7:30am in 3L.  ouch.  we set up a donut rotation - someone different assigned to bring enough for the class every time.  that helped a bunch.