Author Topic: Bought myself another peoples porsche.  (Read 8545 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Bought myself another peoples porsche.
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2005, 01:50:31 PM »
Greg, I have had some good luck with Bondo brand spray on sound deadener. It is realy durable and you can paint right over it. I sanded down the HUGE transmission cover in the tub of the scout and sprayed this stuff on then painted it and it turned out really good. It comes in black and without painting it just looks like a dull flat black. Might be good to use on the headliner and then paint over. You could also use it on the tub as it is advertized to be durable enough to use as a bedliner.

Plus one can seems to go a long way. Also, it can be cheaper than the bedliners. When you do the roll on stull it is usually really really rough, like rought enough to take the skin off if you tried sliding across it.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2005, 05:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Greg, I have had some good luck with Bondo brand spray on sound deadener. It is realy durable and you can paint right over it. I sanded down the HUGE transmission cover in the tub of the scout and sprayed this stuff on then painted it and it turned out really good. It comes in black and without painting it just looks like a dull flat black. Might be good to use on the headliner and then paint over. You could also use it on the tub as it is advertized to be durable enough to use as a bedliner.

Plus one can seems to go a long way. Also, it can be cheaper than the bedliners. When you do the roll on stull it is usually really really rough, like rought enough to take the skin off if you tried sliding across it.

Thanks for the info Jay, ill definaty check that stuff out. Sounds like it would be perfect for the headliner and rest of the tub, plus keep the rattles down to a minimum.

Can you get it localy? like home depot?
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2005, 05:16:11 PM »