Author Topic: I Spy......  (Read 3967 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« on: August 26, 2005, 02:16:24 AM »
Well on my way to Vegas I came  across this little gem trying to be incognito amognts the semis parked.  All it took was one to pull away and their cover was blown.  Had about 3 support vehicles that I saw, lots and lots of computers.

A very German guy from Audi (so I assume per the shirt he was wearing) and a number of other foreigners, I think they were all German.

I'll give you three guesses what this is, the first two don't count:

Also, if you can guess where I took this picture I will give you a free RMCB5 frisbee or girlie t. I know you guys really want a girlie t.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 02:17:43 AM »
Bugati probly spelled wrong im not sure?
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

I Spy......
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 02:17:43 AM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 02:31:44 AM »
yup, it's a Bugatti Veyron 16.4.

Eventhough it's sporting the traditional Bugatti Blue from the EB110, it doesn't look as hot as the mean looking two tone paint job -- I'd take mine in black and red.

The first fleet of Veyrons should be taking delivery around Thanksgiving time.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 02:32:26 AM »
Like greg said, it is a bugati, and I am assuming along I-80 somewhere, probably near Rawlins?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:34:23 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Like greg said, it is a bugati, and I am assuming along I-80 somewhere, probably near Rawlins?

Haha, not even close on the location Jon.  :twisted:

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:37:52 AM »
It's probably some stop off of I-80 just after the 470 exit and before the mountains (I have a feeling it was close to town).

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:43:57 AM »
OK, well that eliminates one spot....since I have never driven to Vegas, I have no idea what the drive looksl like.

Here is guess #2...I-70 near Grand Junction  8)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 02:47:59 AM »
Haha, both you guys and your I-80, wehere are we Wyoming?

Believe it or not it was NOT in Colorado.

gragravar

• Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 02:50:11 AM »
nice find!  off of 15 around Mesquite?  or maybe just outside Vegas near the speedway?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 02:52:41 AM »
Ok ok ok, that is in my back yard. No, really, it is 760 miles to vegas, this is just about halfway there.

gragravar

• Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 02:57:04 AM »
so near moab?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 02:59:09 AM »
ok then, just outside of Las Vegas....looking back.  You drank the big gulp right before you headed out cuz you were tired, needed the caffeine, and you bladder was about to burst.  You saw a gas station just outside of town, but were too afraid to let R know you were such a weak bladder, so you tried to be a man about it.  Then you were starting to pee out your eyes...your nasolacrimal ducts were bursting with the pressure...you can barely see a pull of up ahead, thinking it was a gas station with all the trucks and other cars...but NO, it was a frickin blue Bugati....that grill kinda looks like a hole in a toilet seat, so you think, hey, blue, toilet seat, maybe I should take it out for a spin and drain the main vein.  so you try to find a bush, and nothing, so you decide to pee on the tire of the support truck.  The stern German driver sees you doing this, and yells at you in his violent gutteral tone and you just look like a turist...  Finally you realize that if you had just waited, they would have let you taken the car for a QUICK drive back to Vegas so you can use the toilet at the Mirage.  They wanted a real german auto enthusiast to take it for a spin, but since you spilled your motivation all over the semi tires, they PASSED you by.  You got to know when to hold em...you got to know when to fold em...a quote from my good buddy Kenny. ;)

gragravar

• Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 03:00:50 AM »
Jon - too funny.

Jay - much better find than my last vegas trip.  my last drive there was in 2001, and on the return trip we saw this in UT:

pretty cool to find test vehicles though.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 03:02:43 AM »
what the hell is that?  talk about cover up.  is that really a test vehicle? or just a BAAADDDDD body job from some ricer?

gragravar

• Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 03:05:20 AM »
definately a test mule of some sort.  never did figure out what it was though.

TurboDub

• Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 01:48:51 PM »
Awesome Bugatti! Get this...

"It produces 1001 horsepower (by metric measure; that's a less aesthetically round 986 hp by the American system) from an 8.0-liter, 16-cylinder engine that's fed by four turbochargers. Torque, you ask? Try about 950 foot-pounds. Putting that kind of power in perspective, Bugatti's press release on the car suggests a 0-to-188 mph time of 14 seconds, provided you aren't too scared to flick through the seven-speed, double-clutch, Formula 1-style gearbox (paddles replace a traditional clutch-and-stick shift) at redline. Top speed? Try 250 mph."

All for just.... 1 Millllion Dahllers! 8O

On the Avalon drive to Mt Evans, we saw a gaggle of next generation Cayennes. Of COURSE I had JUST put my camcorder down as about 6 passed us by...  :(
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 02:49:16 PM »
Actually the sticker price has climbed to $1.56 million.
Someone tried to sell one for $1.8 mil recently on eBay.  There's only 10 heading to our country in it's first year of production (with a total world production of 300 over 6 years).

related thread: http://www.rmcb5.com/ftopic-3316.html

Sing along with me (to the Barenaked Ladies song):
"If I had $1.56 million dollars, if I had $1.56 million dollars,
I would buy you a Bugatti, a nice fast as hell automobile..."

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 03:54:15 PM »
Yeah, the guys where I saw it said it was one of 4

gragravar

• Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 02:44:34 AM »
hey Jay, apparently these guys were following you. you weren't the only local to spot them.

some really good pics here:

http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/126477.phtml

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 05:44:06 AM »
Well the one I saw was all blue. But they did say it was one of four in the US

BHase

• Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 12:55:32 PM »
I second the comment about the two tone being better, but instead of black and red I'll be taking black and yellow. More traditional for a Bugatti roadster. :)

On the test car in Utah, if it hadn't already been discounted, I would've also guessed that it was some really bad rice job, maybe on an older Dodge Neone or something.  It even looks like it has bigger tips on its exhaust.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 02:34:39 PM »
the black and blue is true hotness too:

The two tone paint (black and another color) has been a Bugatti tradition since the 1930's.  The Veyron has interpreted this detail very well.
1934 BUGATTI T57 STELVIO

1939 BUGATTI TYPE 57C

That unusal flat shade of medium blue was used in many of Bugatti's Grad Prix and Mille Miglia racing cars since the 20's:
1926 BUGATTI TYPE 37A

and the modern day BUGATTI EB110 was predominatly produced in blue and silver:

Bugattis, IMO has been the least known (at least outside of Europe) and appreciated legendary car maker out there.  There's so much history behind them that it's awesome that VW is throwing lots of money to resurrect this name.

BHase

• Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 10:48:23 PM »
If any of you ever have the chance, go to Mulhouse, France (that's in Alsace) and check out the car museum there. It has the largest collection of Bugatti vehicles in the world. I went there in the summer of 2004 and had a blast, and took a ton of pictures (unfortunately, I broke the CD they were on and have been trying to get new copies of the pictures, otherwise I'd post some of the highlights).  

Some of you may know the story behind this massive car collection (over 500 different cars, including old F1 race cars, Peugeot's first vehicle, concepts, and many more).  A French industrialist (whose name I have been destined to forget), owner of a very profitable business in eastern France (again, Alsace), secretly used all of the resources of his company to buy many cars. He ruined the company in the process, and the story goes that one night several workers wanted to see what was hidden in one of the warehouses and found the massive car collection.  Once the company went bankrupt, the government of France took possession of the collection, and now it is a very cool (if pricey) museum.  Check it out on your next visit to France. Just an hour or so south of Strasbourg.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
I Spy......
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 06:59:41 PM »
My guess for location is where I-15 Meets US HWY 50 in Utah.

If I had that car, highway 50 would be the first place on my list to go drive it.

BTW - I too prefer the two-tone paint in black and red.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 07:11:01 PM »
Not quite I-15, I found that this car was heading to Colorado as it was spotted late last week in the mountains.

Scuba2001

• Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 07:42:12 PM »

Looks similar to the newly released Ford 500.  Maybe?

The blue Bugatti is sweet as anything.  The color looks very similar to BMW's Luguna Blue.  And, I do like the blue/red two tone much more then the blue.

gragravar

• Supercar
I Spy......
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 07:54:23 PM »
Quote from: "Scuba2001"

not sure the 500 was that far along when this picture was taken back in 2001.  to me it kind of looks like the MB C-class, not sure though.

as for the Bugatti - my vote is a 2nd for the red and black!

euro3b

• Stock
I Spy......
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 08:33:09 PM »
Seen that blue car in a mag b4

Rich
eni Vidi Vici

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I Spy......
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 08:36:35 PM »
Quote from: "Scuba2001"

The blue Bugatti is sweet as anything.  The color looks very similar to BMW's Luguna Blue.  And, I do like the blue/red two tone much more then the blue.

So I have seen a  few new Mitsubishi Galants on the road recently, they have this backend. Hmmm.

BHase

• Modded
I Spy......
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 08:38:26 PM »
Meet the new Galant, same as the old Galant...

Ben