Author Topic: All Work and New Baby make me something.. something...  (Read 2292 times)

s4josh

• Modded
All Work and New Baby make me something.. something...
« on: May 16, 2005, 08:50:08 PM »
I am alive... sorta...

Work + New Born = no time for anything else....

Of course my managers would find lots of stuff for me to do within weeks after my baby's born and then she would have to decide night is day and day is night and then I would have to take on production support for the data werehouse for a week.....  I am freaking tired....  

So when do Baby's start sleeping threw the night?

I haven't even seen the forums in three weeks!

I am going to go insane!

FFear the mess!

Thought  I would say hi!
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 09:05:38 PM »
Go crazy?...Don't mind if I do.  That's rough, but I bet you forget about how tired and stressed you are when you look down at your little creation, sound asleep. :D   Baby's are awesome, but i'm still in the stage of liking kids that go home at night, I don't want my own yet.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 09:05:38 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: All Work and New Baby make me something.. something...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 09:22:58 PM »
Quote from: "s4josh"
I am alive... sorta...

Work + New Born = no time for anything else....

Of course my managers would find lots of stuff for me to do within weeks after my baby's born and then she would have to decide night is day and day is night and then I would have to take on production support for the data werehouse for a week.....  I am freaking tired....  

So when do Baby's start sleeping threw the night?

I haven't even seen the forums in three weeks!

I am going to go insane!

FFear the mess!

Thought  I would say hi!

Welcome to my world.   8O    It's fun, Huh?  Add a 2 year old to the mix and the need to travel for work 25-40% of the time and you'll be all set.

good to hear you are still alive.

PS - for reference my 7 week old is now eating 5 1/2 oz of formula every 3-4 hours EXCEPT overnight when she is sleeping 6 hours or so!  Now, if I could just get her 6 hours to align with the 5-6 I get so I don't wake up in the middle of the night...   :idea:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 11:09:54 PM »
Hey gragravar thanks for info on your baby.  Our baby is not sleeping 6 hours or even 5 hours, but 3-4 hours all the time.  My wife is breast feeding her via breast pump.  We were kinda wondering if she was getting more hungry, because we have been feeding her around 4 oz. a feeding.  She has also decided that night is day and day is night, which is making it though.

I am also missing my JR lovin'!  WTH JR you hate me don't you!
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 02:07:37 AM »
I'd recommend feeding her as much as she will eat in a 20-30 min period.  Start with the 4 oz and then do 1 oz more if she will take it.  that and what ever you do, let her wake you up for the overnight, rather than you waking her up.  During the day, do everything you can - tickle her feet, etc -  to keep her awake longer in order to make her tired later.  

Our first kid was on breastmilk and took until about 12 weeks to start sleeping this long.  I think the formula is helping the sleeping on this one.   We have also been told that 5 1/2 oz per feeding is on the high side of normal for a 7 week old.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »
Unfortunately our 8-week old is not sleeping through the night yet - only one 5-hour stretch. Our first-born was sleeping 6 hours after 5 weeks and then each week she'd sleep +1 hour longer until she maxed out at 11-12 hours. But our second was 6 weeks early so maybe she really is that hungry. We try and do feedings every 3 hours from 8am-11pm and then let her go as long as she wants at night. She is taking about 5oz each time.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »
Quote from: "s4josh"
I am also missing my JR lovin'!  WTH JR you hate me don't you!

I still can't figure this one out...I think you're on crack and think I'm your secret lover Hank. :wink:  :lol: Have we even ever met??! Dude, you crack me up!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »
hey Jay - it this thead keeps up, we may need a parenting forum started.

:wink:

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 06:22:26 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
Dude, you crack me up!

It is one of my only joys here on the forums to try to make you laugh :)

We have not met yet, but I just like you ;)  I will come to a GTG here in a month or so (when our baby starts sleeping more) and I will say "HI!" to you! (see image of me below for example greeting)

Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 06:28:36 PM »
Wow, I have a stalker...er, fan. hehe. How about you meet Ian and I and whoever else for lunch next Wednesday at Sonic :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

huevon

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 06:36:48 PM »
Our kid didnt sleep through the night until 3-4 months down the road..then when they do sleep through the night in the beginiing you think something is wrong and go check on them and then they hear you and wake up....!!!

What we finally did was take turns for a week getting up during the night and then the other person gets up.. when the baby is breast feeding sleep as much as possible and let her suffer..you cant do anything about that one..

when the baby is on formula or bottel feeding..then take turns..offer her the first week to sleep and then start changing off every week.

Our kid is almost two and its nice to sleep but having a baby is like having company that you HAVE to keep intertained 24 hours a day or the screaming will start..

its a good thing your real company doesnt crap thier pants... wait, until they eat our food...smellly smelly smelly... 8O

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 08:43:12 PM »
Just wait until your bundle of joy squeals with joy and shakes her head while the wind goes through her hair while you floor your ride and states that "she wants to go faster!"  For now it is cute, let's se if that holds when they are teens!  8O
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 09:03:34 PM »

You're not kidding when you said you're not getting much sleep.
Looks like you're really tweeked on caffine!  :lol:
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50