Author Topic: mmmmm, beer. moving. What a combo!  (Read 6951 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
mmmmm, beer. moving. What a combo!
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 07:51:08 PM »
and I'll have the trailer ready for you too.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 11:11:07 PM »
Where's here, and there?
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 11:11:07 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 12:06:23 AM »
Quote from: "ianacole"
Where's here, and there?

I sent charles directions to my place (way north east of town - a little west of brighton).  PM me your e-mail address and I can send them to you too.  I may not be too responsive tomorrow, 'cause I have to go to California for the day.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 02:42:12 AM »
Here (my house), and there (Andrew's).

Give me a call before heading up: 720-221-7650
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 03:40:10 AM »
Cool...thanks!  How about meeting at your place around 8am Sunday morn?

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 04:28:41 AM »
works for me, see you then. Thanks!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 08:11:29 AM »
Charles, just drop me a line if you need more help on Wednesday...I will keep the day open just in case.

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 09:51:08 AM »
Will do. I won't get anything done tuesday since I'm meeting some friends for dinner and I'm pretty sure there will be some stuff left over.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2005, 03:57:16 PM »
Quote from: "hotani"
Here (my house), and there (Andrew's).

Give me a call before heading up: 720-221-7650

Charles, what's your street address?

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2005, 07:10:25 PM »
here you go:

Old place:
2840 W. 116th Pl. #204
Westminster, CO 80234

New:
1080 Opal St. #103
Broomfield, CO 80020

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2005, 01:53:50 AM »
Hey Charles,

Did you get Andrew's trailer OK?  I have the dirtbike trailer and will hook it to my Park Avenue tomorrow (Labor Day) AM.  It's not the best trailer for small stuff, but I have used it to move fridges, washer/dryer, couches, etc.

I'll try to be there around 8:00am pending my actually being awake.
See you,
-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2005, 12:29:56 AM »
Guys, just wanted to say thanks for dropping the trailer back off, sorry we weren't around when you did.  Hope the move went well!

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2005, 03:16:23 AM »
Thanks for letting me use it. The trailer was a huge help. Joel and I did one full load on his motorcycle trailer before Ian got there, then we loaded up both trailers and that got everything.

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2005, 10:28:59 PM »
It was a good thing I got the dirtbike trailer hooked up, I needed it this afternoon to pick up my new (used) Ducati Monster 620.  Whoohoo!

Yep, it's the American way.  During a gas crisis, I decide the smart thing to do is buy a motorcycle that gets 10% better gas mileage than my other motorcycle.

This bike is amazingly fun.  Not a powerhouse but good power, very small, and a riding position that makes you feel like a crazed cafe racer.  The brakes are insane too.

-Joel.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2005, 01:54:02 AM »
Quote from: "jfrahm"
It was a good thing I got the dirtbike trailer hooked up, I needed it this afternoon to pick up my new (used) Ducati Monster 620.  Whoohoo!

Yep, it's the American way.  During a gas crisis, I decide the smart thing to do is buy a motorcycle that gets 10% better gas mileage than my other motorcycle.

This bike is amazingly fun.  Not a powerhouse but good power, very small, and a riding position that makes you feel like a crazed cafe racer.  The brakes are insane too.

-Joel.

Nice!  the monster is a sweet ride, and with the 620 it must handle really really well!  

your gas mileage thoughts make me question my own bike quest.  I keep debating about trading the R11S in on either a new Monster S4R or a new BMW K1200R.  It is hard to say no to a 500# motorcycle with 164 crank hp.  It must suck gas (relatively anyway) though.

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2005, 01:33:43 PM »
I don't know if the 620 handles any better, I think the larger motor, up to a point, does not add much weight and it's all down low.  I could see getting a 900ie if I really like this bike.

I was really joking about the MPG.  The CBR gets decent fuel economy (although on my commute it is generally below 40 due to traffic I guess.)  The Duc will probably not do much better, it has to do nearly the same amount of work.  Maybe the desmo and FI will conspire to save me a few bucks on gas.  

I mainly got it to liven up my commute, and so as not to leave a plastic coated bike out in the weather at a crowded bike lot, and at the mercy of the skateboarders all day.  This Ducati has already been down and then left to fend for itself in a towing yard or something.  It's sort of in the condition I don't want my CBR to end up in.  It'll be nicer in a day or so as work progresses, but I'm not going all-out and making it perfect.

The big K-whackers interested me a while back, but the 600 pounds struck me as a bit excessive.  I do not think I would invest that much disposable income into a bike either.  I have thought about some of the interesting new bikes but cannot see being any (significant amount) happier on a $10-$12K bike than on a $3500 bike, and I'd worry a lot more about it.  Maybe if I, you know, get a job at Sun making a lot more money that would change :-)

-J.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2005, 03:08:11 PM »
Quote from: "jfrahm"

The big K-whackers interested me a while back, but the 600 pounds struck me as a bit excessive.  I do not think I would invest that much disposable income into a bike either.  I have thought about some of the interesting new bikes but cannot see being any (significant amount) happier on a $10-$12K bike than on a $3500 bike, and I'd worry a lot more about it.  Maybe if I, you know, get a job at Sun making a lot more money that would change :-)

-J.

When I am looking at an 8-10K trade in on my current bike, that makes the new price easier to swallow.  besides it is a BMW :roll:

I wish the job change was for more money - it isn't - I'll stay even but jump to a much more attractive career path and better benefits.