Author Topic: Another VAG-COM to have available.  (Read 1461 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Another VAG-COM to have available.
« on: September 09, 2003, 04:01:56 PM »
Picked up a VAG-COM adaptor and 10' cable from OBDTools.com lastnight for $86.00 all said and done.  I know that it will not have the full version of the Vag-Com software, but at this point in time I do not need it.  I can always register down the road and pick-up the full support from Ross-Tech.  Now I can borrow a laptop from work until my co-worker buddy can get his brother to find me a port replicator (serial connection) for my laptop.  Next a Bentley manual!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 08:11:27 PM »
Score!  Nice hunting Dave!  I think I am going to get one of these.  $200 is a bit much but $70 is really affordable.  Heck, it costs $90 to go to the dealer and get this done...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 08:11:27 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 08:34:40 PM »
Cable/adaptor came in todays mail. :D   I tested with the laptop (now with port replicator!) and everything fired right up and was communicating.
Checked error codes and the following came up:

17536 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean
        P1128 - 35-00 - -

I have contacted Rich Toph at Liberty VW via e-mail yesterday for a new MAF and I am looking forward to hear from him.

It is nice to now be able to lookup codes and to clear them.  My poor negative battery terminal is starting to take a beating!

In the future if anyone needs to use it, please contact me via e-mail or RMCB5 PM.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!