Author Topic: Springs are in...  (Read 5609 times)

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
Springs are in...
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 01:01:26 PM »
Looks good......Looks like "probable cause" :wink:

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

evil_O

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 01:09:55 PM »
Quote from: "Cole"
Looks good......Looks like "probable cause" :wink:

...at least reasonable suspicion... but I guess the altered suspension, windows, and lights, do actually give it PC.   :(

Too bad too, cause in a few short days (two), I will no longer have the job I have... and then it is off to another one of which I will be in training again for the job I am already doing.

Confused...?   Let's just say I will be working for a place with a name that starts with .... ah heck you will just have to PM me.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Springs are in...
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 01:09:55 PM »

TurboDub

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 01:20:52 PM »
DAMN that thing looks Evil-O!! :lol:   :twisted:

It sits LOW, lower than I expected- looks like the drop was at least 1.5 inches. I LIKE IT A LOT!

Ok so a couple questions:

How does it ride/handle now- Are you still onthe RE92s? Where'd you get the springs and how much were they???

PS I'm like'n the work you did on the lights too!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

evil_O

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 04:10:49 PM »
TurboDub - Thanks.  I think she lowered about 1.5 in the front and about 1.25 in the rear (I did not take before and after measurements as I was in too much of a hurry just to get them on).  This is about the same as the Pinks would do it but these are rated better for our stock springs (or so I have read).  Driving impressions so far?  Amazingly better than stock - and the stance is wonderful.  I really like them and I am very pleased on got in on the group buy.  In fact there is yet another one going on in the forum:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18781

Jack at iON Performance is wonderful to deal with.  DHL is a bit different but Jack kept on top of everything.

If you are even thinking about it.... jump on these.  You will NOT be disappointed.  They take some time to get in because they only make them per production runs - based on how many are ordered at a time.  They even have a LIFETIME warranty!  Not just a year like most.  The only thing that will make these better are Koni adjustables once they are out for our cars.  For now though, these spring rates are matched wonderfully for our cars - no clearance issues either.  If you are interested you can come and take a ride sometime and see for yourself.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

TurboDub

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 07:09:32 PM »
Thanks for the info- I checked out the GB and was sooooo tempted- but in the end I decided to save my $ for some snow tires and save my suspension mods for the spring.

Many have said the stock RE92's are pretty much deadly in the snow 8O , so I wanna ditch them 1st.
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

evil_O

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 10:20:53 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub"

Many have said the stock RE92's are pretty much deadly in the snow 8O , so I wanna ditch them 1st.

meh... I am not sure I buy it.  I will test it out this winter and see.  They are M+S rating so I am sure I will have no issues getting going... we will see how the stopping is.  I think they are going to hold up ok.  If it is that bad out, I don't think a lot of people will be driving  :wink:

GET THE SPRINGS!!!  :D
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

TurboDub

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2005, 02:36:32 AM »
I couldn't resist...just sent my deposit for group buy #3!

Damn you ARE Evil!  :lol:

I'M SO PSYCHED!!!  :twisted:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

evil_O

• Modded
Springs are in...
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2005, 04:17:12 AM »
Quote from: "TurboDub"
I couldn't resist...just sent my deposit for group buy #3!

Damn you ARE Evil!  :lol:

I'M SO PSYCHED!!!  :twisted:

Nice.... I think you are going to like 'em lots once they get to your doorstep and even more once they are on the ride.

:D
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."