Author Topic: Audi A4 Oil Change  (Read 1697 times)

RussianD

• n00balicious
    • http://
Audi A4 Oil Change
« on: October 02, 2005, 06:46:44 PM »
Hey all,

I have a 99.5 Audi A4 1.8t with about 62k.  I have been taking it to McDonald for maintenance but every time they touch it something seems to go wrong with it.  I would really like to learn about the car myself so that I can start doing some work on my own while learning more about the car.  Is there anything that I need to know about changing the oil in this car that is different from any other car? and should I buy the filter from the dealer?  Also It says to change the oil at about every 5k, but I have been doing it every 4k, should I just stick to the 4k?  I am a beginner at this, is there a web site or some book that I can take a look at so that I can learn more about working on the A4?

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Audi A4 Oil Change
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 10:05:38 PM »
I would be happy to talk to you about your car and go over the usual issues you will need to address as it gets on in miles.

I would aslo be happy to have you come in and I can show you the do's and don't of oil changes and additional do it yourself maintainance.

Please give me a call at the shop tomorrow after 9AM - 303-935-9065.

I look forward to talking with you.

- Randy
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Audi A4 Oil Change
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 10:05:38 PM »

RussianD

• n00balicious
    • http://
Audi A4 Oil Change
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:38:15 PM »
Thanks alot Randy I will surely call you one of these days.
I appreciate it!

the_russian

• Stock
Audi A4 Oil Change
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 02:39:17 AM »
Hey.. Russians are taking over the RMCB5... The only thing i would recomend is to thuruly clean up the below the filter caz if you don't it'll be dripping for days... And also don't overtighten the oil plug and the filter.. They can strip very easily... Other then that just follow all of the copacity specs and such... Good luck with your beginings...

Alex