Author Topic: Car of the Month  (Read 3870 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« on: September 25, 2003, 06:13:48 PM »
Hey guys, do you want to vote for the car of the month, or would you rather I just pick it.

I though I would prefer if it were a democratic thing but sometimes it's nice to have a surprise too.  Let me know so I can get the ball rolling on this.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Car of the Month
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 06:31:07 PM »
It would be better to vote, but would people have to submit their cars pics or what?
Look officer, I really do own it......

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Car of the Month
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 06:31:07 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 06:39:46 PM »
Whoever won would send me 4 or 5 pictures and a writeup of why they picked the B5, what they have done to it, problems, plans...Pretty much whatever you want to tell people about yourself and your ride.

I am open to the votes.  I'd like to get a concensus by tomorrow afternoon to give the victim, ahem, winner a chance to write something up.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 06:44:17 PM »
Winston, I vote for you...Mr. Best of Show!!!! 8)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 06:44:48 PM »
Doh!  :oops:

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Car of the Month
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 06:52:57 PM »
I second Jon's nomination for Winston's beautiful black B5 to be the next Car of the Month!  Just make sure you include a nice pic of those DEEP dish wheels of yours.  :)
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Car of the Month
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 07:02:59 PM »
democratic thing is cool...
but you have to give everyone a chance to be the car of the month just once...
i am sure some rmcb5ers w/ stock or slightly modded cars would like to tell about theirs and what not too!
just my $0.02 worth...
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 07:12:42 PM »
Thanks guys...We'll see if the peops want to hear my droning on about VWs...hehe...

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 07:18:16 PM »
Quote from: "kt037"
democratic thing is cool...
but you have to give everyone a chance to be the car of the month just once...
i am sure some rmcb5ers w/ stock or slightly modded cars would like to tell about theirs and what not too!
just my $0.02 worth...

Definitely!  Eventually, we'll run out of active members, so we'll have to figure out what to do then...

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Car of the Month
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 09:13:21 PM »
do a complete run through of the active members first, that will take quite some time, and then start the votes....

that way you give the club time to grow, are 100% fair and then you will have enough cars to run an active monthly vote later on.

for now have everyone send in pics and a write up then assign months by pulling #'s out of a hat. completely random.

thats how i would do it anyways.
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

RobD

• Modded
Car of the Month
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 09:17:46 AM »
My vote is for "W"!!!!  Let's see some slammed coilover shots too!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 03:09:02 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Winston, I vote for you...Mr. Best of Show!!!! 8)

Thanks Jon, but I was just best B5.  I wish I was best of show, but I just couldn't compete with the widebody GTI with all of the goodies!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Car of the Month
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2003, 03:49:58 PM »
Big W. Dub gets my vote as well. Mr. I-spend-all-money-on-my-car Man. :wink:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2003, 03:52:43 PM »
Sheeot!  I wish I could spend all of my money on my car.  Jen gets most of it and the pennies that are left go into a fund jar that accumulates over time for something cool.  I saved 3 years for wheels!

Ok then.  I'll see if I can write something up, but let's see if we can hammer out something to put up a member every month in a  nice fair way.  Maybe we could go to a posting every other month too...

Chas

• Modded
Car of the Month
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2003, 03:17:30 AM »
So Winston, is it not working out the way you are doing it now? Or is it that it takes too much of your time. Just curious.

How about this:

You pick three cars every month for everyone to vote on. The car that gets the most votes wins for the next COTM.

But that could be time consuming as well. You do what you think is best. I'm sure it'll be just fine!  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2003, 11:23:09 AM »
Hey Chas, it's fine, but I wanted to make a way for it to be as fair as possible.  It's hard to pick someone every month because it feel like I am leaving out someone else that should get it too.

We'll figure something out.  I have yet to get mine up since I've had the flu and not been feeling up to washing the car and getting a couple of new pics of it...

Soon though.  Maybe we can come up with a fair way of getting everyone involved in the choice for next month.

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Car of the Month
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2003, 08:56:14 PM »
Picking from three a month sounds like a good idea. That way you can choose from 3 highly moded cars and then three normal (slightly moded cars) That way everybody can have their chance to get their car noticed moded or not.

:P
att

Chas

• Modded
Car of the Month
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »
Pat, you know you and I are out of the mix now!  :roll:  HA!  :lol:

Alums have to stick together.  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Car of the Month
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2003, 03:47:48 AM »
I guess my viewpoint is that there shouldn't need to be a "vote" on the COTM.  With our large and growing user base there are a number of fair ways to select a COTM.

I think it's going to require more effort to pick three different cars for each month then for them to be voted on.  Along with that, what happens to the two not selected? Do they go onto the next month? Wouldn't that be putting a bias on those cars?  Then what if neither of those cars are selected for months on end?

Also, what if it is 3 different cars each month, meaning the two not selected are cast aside and 3 different ones are picked for the next month? In a way we would be unfairly pushing these other cars out of rotation.

The member list could be printed off or I can do a db dump of the table and it could be snipped into tabs of paper that could be kept in a jar or coffee tin and every month you could just grab from that.

As new members sign up we add their name to the tin.  Of course if someone opts to not be COTM for whatever reason they can choose to be put back in to the pot or to be left out entirely.

I know we have a number of inactive users so that would have to be played by ear.

This is solely my opinion and ideas to help find a solution to this task.  I know it takes a lot of effort for ColoradoB5 to hunt down the COTM and get a write up as well as pictures.  However, I don't feel that selecting one should be such a chore.

If you want/need help let me know and I'll do what I can to assist.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Car of the Month
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »
I'll make the choice:
Nov.- Me
Dec.- Chas
Jan. - Me
Feb.- Jay
Mar-May- Dub
Jun- Dec.- WensB5

No, really, it shouldn't matter much, I think everyone'll get a chance, Jay's right, it shouldn't be much of a chore
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

RobD

• Modded
Car of the Month
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2003, 10:55:29 PM »
W -When you going to get your profile put together.  No offense to 2pat but it's Oct 9th and nothing on W.  Let's kick it into gear!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Car of the Month
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2003, 11:49:38 AM »
Ask and you shall receive.   Actually I was pretty sick when I originally wanted to go take pixs, but I got some yesterday and was able to finish this up.