Author Topic: Jon's Moving Out Day, Nov 6th  (Read 3468 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Jon's Moving Out Day, Nov 6th
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:37:11 PM »
As far as I know, the sale of the house is going through, no issues, good solid buyer, etc.  So, we close on November 9th, and are moving out with the big stuff on November 6th.

I have rented a 15 foot truck, most of the stuff will be in storage already, ie, most boxes, and other small stuff.  I also just started pulling apart the garage as I get to take all my cabinets and storage with me, that will be in our storage unit as well.  Gonna be hard living here without all my garage stuff.  Got about 80% of the stuff taken down today.  Sad way to spend a birthday ;)

If anyone is free to help me with one trip from Westminster to Parker on Sunday November 6, that would be awesome.  We will be moving things like couches, kitchen table, fridge, and the other bigger furniture, should all fit in the rented truck.

I was planning on an early start, loading at the house at 8am...then get the stuff to Storage mid day.  Storage is near Lincoln and I-25, a bit east of there.

Any help would be appreciated, or if you just want to come along and hang out, that will be cool too.

Help will also be needed in either January or February when the house is done, moving from storage to the new home...so prepare yourselves for another move, haha.

Sunday, Nov. 6th
9am Start
from Jon's old house in Westminster
to Storage in Parker

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »
Be glad to help out. :D
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »
Quote from: "hotani"
Be glad to help out. :D

rock on!!!!  Thanks Charles :)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »
i can probbaly swing over and help for a early morning load.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 08:11:48 PM »
Jon, that's my Dad's b-day weekend so if we aren't celebrating it on the 6th I can come help out....as long as I have the ok from my friends at Porter ;)

Even if I don't have the ok I'm sure I can still help out in some aspect.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 08:21:29 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Jon, that's my Dad's b-day weekend so if we aren't celebrating it on the 6th I can come help out....as long as I have the ok from my friends at Porter ;)

Even if I don't have the ok I'm sure I can still help out in some aspect.

No, that's MY dad's birthday.  

anyway, same thing - if we aren't celebrating that day, then I can probably be available.  

Regardless of whether I can be there if you need to borrow either the trailer or the appliance dolly, let me know.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 08:30:17 PM »
Well technically my Dad's b-day is Nov 4, but we always celebrate family b-days on the closest weekend, usually Sunday's. :) Sorry for the OT.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 08:30:19 PM »
ohhhh, appliance dolly, I might need that.  I don't have a hitch on my car, so doubt I can use the trailer...but if I find a way to hook it up, I will be all over it.

Thanks guys, I will send out PM's will my address when the time get's closer. to the day.  The move should be really easy and fast, just the larger things like I said.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Well technically my Dad's b-day is Nov 4, but we always celebrate family b-days on the closest weekend, usually Sunday's. :) Sorry for the OT.

no worries, I am the king of OT.....and we always get that way ;)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 09:04:06 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
ohhhh, appliance dolly, I might need that.  I don't have a hitch on my car, so doubt I can use the trailer...but if I find a way to hook it up, I will be all over it.

Thanks guys, I will send out PM's will my address when the time get's closer. to the day.  The move should be really easy and fast, just the larger things like I said.

I'd trade you cars for the day.   8)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 09:05:12 PM »
that would work...:)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
I'm in, bishes.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 12:28:59 PM »
Awesome Pat, I appreciate the help.

Jay, even if you are not cleared by the folks at Porter, you are always welcome to come on by and "supervise" ;)

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 01:34:54 PM »
I'm in. It's in my uutlook planner so I don't forget.

bringing my "sweet hockey body" :lol:... gotta love Cartman

I'll bring the APR B6 too, in case anyone wants to "try" it.  :D
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 02:59:20 PM »
Quote from: "givebloodplayhockey"
body" :lol:... gotta love Cartman

I'll bring the APR B6 too, in case anyone wants to "try" it.  :D

I so love south park.  We are going to name our dogs Terrance and Phillip....when we get dogs that is.

I will PM you my address as it get's closer....thanks for the help :)  Can't wait to see the B6....still have not seen one up close yet, no time.....

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 07:23:52 AM »
nearly the one week reminder.

A week from tomorrow, Sunday, we will be doing the final move.  I moved a good portion of the stuff this past week, man that wore me out.  We will still have some of the larger stuff, bed, couches, dresser, fridge, tool boxes, table, grill...all will go on move day.

I know this day conflicts with the last free day at Second Creek Raceway, so no hard feelings will be felt if you decide to go there.

This is a smaller move, as most of the stuff has been done.  The big move will be in either January or February when the new hosue is done, I am going to really ask for help then.

Anyway, if you are still interested in helping next weekend, let me know, we are planning on starting to load the truck around 9am....family is coming over to help with final packing at 8am.

cheers
jon

EDIT---PS, we hope to have everything done, packed, driven, and unloaded, in time for the bronco game.  If there is time, we also plan on stopping by the new house to see how things are going if anyone is interested.....you are welcome to tag along.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 12:59:35 PM »
i'll see ya about 9am to help ya load the truck! I wasn't able to find a 4th tire to drive on so no second creek for me.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 12:09:23 PM »
If you still need help, I can probably swing down and help for at least half the day :)  Not heading down to 2nd Creek, got some uneven front left tire wear in Pueblo, so gonna take it easy on the car till I get a new set.

Jonathan

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 01:44:16 PM »
Sorry Jon, but I just got the details for my Dad's B-day and we are doing it on Sunday :(

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 02:39:59 PM »
Jay, no worries man, I totally understand.  I will just expect your help when we move in the first part of the year ;)

Jonathan....I would totally love the help, feel free to come on over in the morning, and if you don't feel like driving down to parker after we load the truck, don't feel as if you need to.  Help loading everything into the truck is the biggest part.

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 03:09:05 PM »
I'm still in!
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 05:08:14 PM »
wooo hoo....I will be posting my address towards the end of the week so you all can mapquest it.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 05:44:55 PM »
Jon, I was totally planning on helping, but finally got the word that the in-laws are going to be in town that weekend. However, you can put me down for the 'big' move :wink:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 05:52:15 PM »
Awesome JR, the "big" move is where I really need the help anyway.  I will count on your help then.

Have a good time with the in-laws :)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 11:18:07 AM »
OK, for those that are coming to help out, but have not been here before, my address is

6437 W. 96th Place
Westminster, 80021.

Just about everything is in storage, etc, but we have couches, exercise things like and eliptical, beds, dressers, fridge, etc.  All the stuff I can not lift on my own.  So it should be a fairly fast move out.  Sunday will be the final move day where we say good bye to this place forever.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is offering to help with the big stuff, that is really appreciated.

see you all at 9am or so.

cheers
jon

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2005, 01:03:51 PM »
See you sunday. :)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
bump for Sunday.....chances are, i am going to be pulling the internet down tomorrow :(...so I will be out of contact for a bit until new service can be started at my sister's house.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who is coming over to lend a hand.  This should be quick, and my goal is to be totally done and loaded up into storage down in Parker by 1pm at the latest.  We will see how it goes. ;)

My home phone has already been disconnected, so that leaves my cell, call if you need to, I will try my best to answer, but as everyone that has moved knows, it can be a bit crazy.

See ya all on Sunday morning :D