Author Topic: Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?  (Read 5603 times)

RobD

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« on: September 26, 2003, 09:37:54 AM »
I have my best friend coming in from Cinti. Ohio on Fri 10-03 to pick-up his new toy - a 2002 337 GTI.  He'll be in town for the weekend and then drive it back to Ohio on on Monday 10-06.  Since he is new to the mod scene I thouht it would be fun to get a few of the folks and their whips together to hang and talk motor head stuff.  I was thinking Wash Park since it is centrally located.  I'm open to a time frame.  I chose the 5th since 2Pat, Winston and Amanda responded yesterday saying that was best for them.  

Nothing elaborate but a maybe just a few hours of hanging and showing off rides.  Who's in?

Rob

madigan

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 02:47:37 PM »
That sounds like fun Rob. I think we should meet in the school parking lot, just south of the park, like we did when we were at the Handle Bar & Grill. That way we could still walk across the street and toss a frisbee around or something...The park just gets way too hectic. I'm up for any time.

Mark
mad wagon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 02:47:37 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 02:54:10 PM »
Let's do a drive on that day...my sister's in town next weekend and she really wants to do a midnight ride or a drive or something....
Come on, you know you want to... :twisted:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 02:28:17 PM »
I think I should be able to attend.. anyone up for a mellow group drive that day?
MWJD?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 03:43:17 PM »
I just checked my schedule and I don't think I'll be able to make it now...sorry...I suck, I know
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

RobD

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 08:23:20 PM »
If time permits I'd be up for a mellow drive.  Anything come to mind for a less committed drive?  

You know a few cold beers and BS'ing about cars isn't too bad either.  My buddy is pretty excited to get his ride.  All he has seen is the emailed pics I've sent him.  Tough to buy a vehicle that way.  I'm hoping more than anything that after he sees everyone's rides he'll get a bad case of MOD FEVER!  

For those that are interested we could meet at the school south of Wash Park unless we come up with a drive and decide to meet else where.

Rob

RobD

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 08:34:43 PM »
Just read the post regarding Best VW and wondered if anyone would want to head over to this gig on Oct 5th?  Just a thought if anyone wanted to represent.

Rob

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 09:21:25 PM »
I don't know if I will be up for it or be back to driving even, but if so I plan on making either or.  Whatever the group is doing.

RobD

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 10:17:04 PM »
Jay if it would be easier for you to make an appearance over at Wash. Park then let's do it.  It would be fun to see you again.  I'll even make sure I get some cold coors on Saturday to entice you????!!!! :D

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 11:52:09 PM »
Well i can't drink quite yet Rob, but of course Wash pk is really really close by. If more than 2 of us want to go to the all euro thing we should try and do that.  If no one wants to go then we should shoot for Wash Pk.

I need to dictate some work on my scout to my roommates as well this weekend in preparation for taking it in for work the following weekend.

Well for those that want/plan to attend was park this weekend how would you feel about the all euro thingy? View the link below if you don't know what we're talking about:

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=364

Thanks.

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Euro GTG
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 10:15:11 PM »
I am down for the Euro event. I am new to the club and would like to meet a bunch of new people.  For my first GTG I think I would prefer the euro idea.
Everybody post what they want to do and then we can all deside on a location or split up ????  Hope to see ya all soon.
Matt
att

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 12:16:28 PM »
Well once again I will not be able to attend.  I have to go help my father move from Steambaot to Boulder.

I am planning on being at the GTG on the 18th & 19th, so unless the rest of my life get's in the way, I will see you all then.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 02:00:38 PM »
I would be down with meeting up with you guys, newbies and oldies alike.. at wash park for beer etc. but not sure about the Euro GTG. I am resistant to supporting those events. But I dunno, maybe if enough of us went, you'd be able to hold me down and keep me from kicking someone's ass. just kidding. ;) Let's be serious, I just want a bunch of people to hold me down. haha You can probably talk me into going, who knows.. I might even have fun. :D
MWJD?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 02:22:24 PM »
Well we should make a firm decision ASAP. Also, don't forget the Broncos have an early game on Sunday, 11am I believe.

I am clear to drive, but it doesn't mean it is something I enjoy right now. However, I am willing to drive to wherever to meet with everyone.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2003, 04:31:10 PM »
I would love to say yes, but at this pont, I have to remain tentative on this weekend.  Hopefully that will turn to a yes and I'll at least be able to come by and say hey!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2003, 04:53:35 PM »
I'm in, but it'd have to be after noon.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

madigan

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2003, 08:51:35 PM »
So what's the dilly yo?
mad wagon

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2003, 09:16:13 PM »
Keep us posted with whats the deal. I will come to the Wash Park thing if thats what everybody is doing. If we dont get much of a response I might just go to the Euro thing to check it out.
att

RobD

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2003, 10:17:01 PM »
Ok I just got in and had a chance to read what is up.  My buddy got into town this morning and we went and picked up his 337 GTI.  It is sweet!!!  I'm up for meeting in the school parking lot south of Washington park in the afternoon time frame.  So around 1:30-2:00 pm.  That way we could get our act together to se if we want to cruise up to Westminster to the Euro GTG.

OR if it would be easier for the north people to meet at the Euro deal around 2:30 so we can represent the B5/A4 thing together rather than coming in bits and pieces.  

I'm open for either and open to going to the Euro GTG or not even going at all.  Either way I will have a few brews tucked away in the cooler.  Let em know what way you guys would like to go.

Rob

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2003, 10:42:19 PM »
Well to be honest I don't have the energy to do both, but I want to get together.  I say we shoot for Wash park around 2 or something like that. I'd like to watch the Broncos and I need to dictate the work on the Scout as well so I can't be away for too long.  However, I haven't seen everyone in awhile and seeing a new ride is always nice too.

So whatever you guys decide I am cool with.  I know Wendy and Amanda aren't really interested in the Euro GTG, so maybe th epark is the best.  Not to mention you can drink beer there.

madigan

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2003, 11:04:48 PM »
See you guys Sunday, in the parking lot, between 1:30-2:00.
mad wagon

RobD

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2003, 12:38:30 AM »
Sunday 1:30 to 2:00 pm at the same lot we met at last time.  Just south of Wah Park. Jay I hope that works for.  If you ever need at sheet metal for your beast, let me know.

see you all then

Rob

Chas

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2003, 03:33:32 AM »
Hey all, I was thinking about going to the Euro thing just because I have to be up at the Boulder County Fair Grounds for the morning (missing the Bronco Game too  :evil:  :cry: ) helping my parents out. But I should be done with that around the start of that Euro event. And seeings how I'll be on the North end of town anyway, I thought I'd stop in.

Hope to see some of you guys there. I can't stay long, but we'll see.  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2003, 06:05:09 PM »
Ok, I'll plan to come to wash park between 1:30 and 2, um does anyone have streets for me? I don't really know exactly how to get there.
MWJD?

madigan

• Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2003, 06:27:35 PM »
Quote from: "UberGrrl"
Ok, I'll plan to come to wash park between 1:30 and 2, um does anyone have streets for me? I don't really know exactly how to get there.

Your coming from the north right? If so...

I-25 south to Alameda

East on Alameda to Downing

South on Downing

East on E. Louisiana

school will be on right hand side (4 blocks from Downing)
mad wagon

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2003, 03:20:41 PM »
Yep, the north. Thanks!
MWJD?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2003, 07:27:22 PM »
Mandy pantz...dig the new Avatar!!!  Just like Fonzie :P   Way Cool 8)  8)

cheers
jon 8)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2003, 07:29:24 PM »
Hey Gang, it's 3:30 and I'm not there. I am really sorry, but my friends were here to help with the scout and I couldn't miss out on the help in my condition.

I hope everyone had a good time and I hope to be there for the birthday's.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2003, 05:42:48 PM »
Yeah, Jay we know how you were sooo far away and just couldn't be bothered.  We were all very sad to miss you and someone even cried since you stood them up.

Also, my pictures didn't turn out since a new smudge was "installed" on my camera at the Oktoberfest party from the night before.  So I can post them, but there is a big blurry spot right in the middle...blech.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Oct 5th Wash. Park GTG?
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2003, 05:53:48 PM »
Lay it on...it's thicker than peanut butter sheesh.  I really do feel bad.  I just don't have the strength to do all the work on the scout and I needed to take advantage of the kindness.  In doing so i lost track of time and posted once I realized what time it was.  I was going to try and race over but I needed to wash up and get there so it would have been about 4 and I am pretty sure you guys were gone by then.

Who cried? Sissy. :)