Author Topic: GTG/Birthday Celebration/Detail Day...weekend of OCT 18-19th  (Read 12094 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
GTG/Birthday Celebration/Detail Day...weekend of OCT 18-19th
« on: September 26, 2003, 06:01:19 PM »
OK, to make it official, here is the start of the planning.  Our beloved founder and I will be celebating our birthdays, which are one day apart.  We will both be 34 this year.  This is what I propose....

Saturday, October 18th.  Garage Day to work on suspensions for those that need them...or other projects waiting in the wings.  We can use my house...garage is big and heated if the weather goes bad.

Saturday Night...I would like to get together with everyone for dinner, go out on the town, and in general, have a great time.  We could either BBQ here or somewhere else, or we can go out to eat.  I am pushing for BBQ here at my place again so I can fire up some more ribs and have other friends over.

Sunday, October 19th...Final Detail day of the year...here at my house, bring your random orbit buffers, and get your wax on!!! :lol: We all need to do this to be ready for the winter.

Let me know what you all think, and we can make more definite plans as things get closer...as to dinner, clubs, etc.  Everyone is welcome, I will also be inviting other groups I believe.

jon 8)

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 06:54:44 PM »
Heck of an idea Jon!

I'll try to keep that weekend free so I can help with the suspension, placing dollar bills in g-strings :lol: and the detailing on Sunday (if we're not too hung over).  My car definitely needs some detail lovin' before the winter hits.

I'll be looking forward to this weekend boyeeeee!

Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 06:54:44 PM »

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 08:42:32 PM »
Sounds like an action packed weekend - count me in.

It'll be a birthday-buffing-barbeque-bonanza!

Did someone say "Shotgun Willie's"? :lol:

Mark
mad wagon

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 02:32:52 PM »
Not sure how much garagin' I will do, I just waxed my car for the winter on saturday, though I wouldn't mind doing a leather treatment on the interior.. maybe I'll do that.
Regardless, I'll be up for the boob action later on. I'll even bring my own set. ;)
MWJD?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 03:47:55 PM »
I'll have to see what's up that weekend.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 06:31:02 PM »
yeah!!! Mandy Pantz is in....JR...it would be awesome if you could make it...even for anything.

I think I will try to set a definite plan by the end of the week so I can fill everyone in.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 08:26:08 PM »
Jon - I got my Bilsteins this past Friday so I'm ready for a suspension upgrade.  I'm up for the garage part but will have a hard time making it to the nudy bar.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 08:29:35 PM »
Sweet Rob...we will plan on doing your suspension on Saturday 8)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 04:35:34 AM »
well hell...i might have to drive my happy lil ars up for this one

someone tell me where a motel 6 is....
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 03:22:20 PM »
Unless the rest of my life gets in the way, I will finally attend a GTG.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 05:34:37 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"
Unless the rest of my life gets in the way, I will finally attend a GTG.

It will be awesome to finally meet you.  If you want to come, email me and I will send you an address that you can map quest. :D

HawkmanA4

• Stock
    • http://vanekh.oasiswellness.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 05:57:30 PM »
I am 100% down for a great weekend!! I know for sure sat. Garage day and Birthday-BBQ will work. Sunday, I know my car needs the work but don't know if I can make it!  
I just ordered my Bilstein grooved sport shocks and they will ship monday :lol: Hopefully they get here in time!! I also need to finish up the vac. lines! If anyone needs vac hose I had to order 10' and only need around 5' or so.  Hope to see everyone soon!!
00 A4 1.8TQMS- FOR SALE
'04 A4 Avant 1.8TQM Ultra Sprot
Hawk Vanek
HawkInvestmentRealty@comcast.net
www.SoarWithHawk.com

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2003, 07:45:29 PM »
YAY I got the day off :)  The only event I'm definite on is the post-bbq party out on the town.  If I do come during the day for the garage day for a bit, I'll bring the kids, as I will want to spend some time with them on my day off.  Can't wait to see everyone!!!

~W

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2003, 08:36:07 PM »
Wooooo Hoooo, Hawk and Wendy...this is gonna be such fun!!!!

I'm goin rib shoppin soon...mmmmmmmmmmm..... riiibbbbbbssss!!!!

We will do it as a pot luck thing again...everyone else bring other food and drinks, etc.

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 12:41:31 AM »
Ok i have a cousin who lives off hamden blvd in denver.....gonna see if i can crash at his pad for the night so i can come to bothe the garage day and the detail day!!!!

see yall there!
OT DISH?-----> nope!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2003, 12:35:34 PM »
Happy Birthday guys.  Glad to hear someone here is older than me :P  (even if only a little older.  Anyway, I will be on a plane back from Switzerland on Saturday, so won't be able to join you.  Enjoy the wrenching and waxing.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2003, 01:11:35 PM »
Happy birthday guys, I know how it feels to officially be sort of OLD! I turned 35 at the beginning of the month. You can now be called sir and not complain about it, cause you both are old farts.... as my kids and wife tell me all the time.   8O
Look officer, I really do own it......

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2003, 11:05:06 PM »
I can't wait.  Jon, if you want to avoid having to do all of that cooking, Brad posted about the GTG at Sonics here:

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=381

You know how much I love those ribs, but this would be fun too.  Imagine 20 souped up VWs pulling into Sonic!  Haha!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 12:09:25 AM »
Yeah, that would be cool too...but I think I will be having other friends over...and I am having a jonesin' for some more ribs.  Everyone is welcome to either hang here for ribs...or head over to Sonic with the DCI group to get their v-dub fix.  I'll be too busy eating to notice if anyone is here anyway :twisted:

velo

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 07:51:25 PM »
I had an idea for the detail day on Sunday.  If Pat could get some of those shade tents we had at the track day, we could maybe set them up in the driveway or at the curb (if Jon and his neighbors are cool with it) so we have more shade for keeping the cars cool.  Then we can work on more than just what fits in the garage.  Whaddya think?

Also, for the garage day, if there's time and space in the garage, I'd like to (finally) move the spring perches on my front shocks up a notch.  I'd like to see if that evens out the raked look I've got, as well as give me a tiny bit more clearance this winter.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 07:57:08 PM »
I thought the detail day was Saturday.  Did I miss something?  I plan on attending ALL day Saturday, but may miss out on Sunday.  If it's Saturday, I can bring, Jacks, jackstands, my air tool kit, and a ball of yarn for yo peeps to play with.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2003, 07:58:37 PM »
I have a 10x10 tent at my parents, but it is heavy and in my current state there is no way in hell I can get it on my own.  I'll see if my Dad can help me load it into my car, but after that I would need some help from you all when i come out there.  Although I don't know if I will be there Sunday, but I could leave it at Jons on Saturday and then someone would be responsible for getting it back to me.

The added bonus is there is probably a bunch of beach sand in there from newport beach, ca.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2003, 08:31:08 PM »
Dub...check out the start of the thread...Saturday, garage day, Sunday, detail day.  Bring the tents...that would be awesome, and provide extra room.  make sure to bring detail supplies.  I am limited to the number of pads I have right now...I have not ordered any new ones from Griots....all my old ones have worn out.

also, if you have other buffers for detail day, bring them over, the more we have, the better, we can tag team.

You all know the routine.  Jay, I would be happy to help with the tent, and I can help get it back to you as well.  Alan, we should have plenty of time to pull your front end up, no problem.

velo

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2003, 08:45:21 PM »
Jon, what kind of pads should we get and where from?  I'd be happy to get a few since I used someone else's last time.  Will Mike be there to be the detail guru again?

Jay, I can get your tent back to you after Sunday since I don't live far from you.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2003, 09:05:51 PM »
Mike will not be here  :( ...bummer

I order my pads from www.griotsgarage.com  order number 10626.  That is the orange pad for buffing...the red pad is for polishing/wax.  My red pad is fine, but my orange pad is getting a little tired and I probably only have limited time left on it.  If you order this weekend, they should be delivered in time for the detail day next weekend.

Those are the ones that fit on my random orbit buffer I got from them as well.

Remember to bring polishes, waxes, and towels.  There is a new car wash just down the street that is awesome, self serve, but it just opened about 2 months ago.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2003, 03:47:39 AM »
Hey Jon, that's why I was asking.  I thought I had missed something and it turns out that I did.  That's what I get for reading at work, hunh?  

I will be bringing air wrench tools, the magic bicycle tool for the suspension, my buffer (not as good as the Porter-Cable, but pretty good), 2 floor jacks, 2 pairs of jack stands, tunes, my new ODB2 tool, which I'll just be learning about.  All that and a bag of chips for the BBQ.  How does everyone like Haba˝ero Kettle chips?  

Someone brought them to my BBQ and I've been hooked since then.  

I figure we can decide the game plan for the night at your place, Jon.

Also, here is something to think about:

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2003, 07:28:54 AM »
bwaaaahahahahahahah...LOL

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2003, 03:48:24 PM »
well my car goes back in the shop on monday AGAIN!!! and i should get it back by friday (hopefully.) if not ill come and help with everyone elses stuff.

things i will be bringing....
1 hei▀ Kartoffelsalat und brotchen (12stk)
2. wax (what kind?)
3. Kw variant2 coilovers
4. mintex pads (F&R)
5. 1ltr brake fluid
6. 1 set of brocks mit super-lippis
(3-6 pending)

what i need to do... (all pending)
install coils and adjust dampers
install brakepads
flush/replace the brake fluid
put brocks on to test damper/rubbing issues (readjust)

sounds like alot, but it really is not that much brake fluid is a 1man job (w/ a pump) and is time consuming, a PITA but not difficult.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now my Q's???
what else need to be done mechanically?
and what time do the festivities begin?
what is the addy (for directions)
OT DISH?-----> nope!

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2003, 10:24:58 PM »
I'll be bringing mysuspension stuff for my car but will also bring a full supply of detailing goodies should anyone want to get a head start on their cars.  I will also bring a variety of snack and drink goodies.

I would also like to bring my TT dv and look for some help with the install (read Wiston). :D

As much as I would like to make the evening festivities, I'll have to pass.  I'll do what I can to help my fellow b5er though. :wink:

Rob

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Woo hoo, I could make it to a GTG finally!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2003, 03:12:58 AM »
Most of my friends will be out of town that weekend so I'll have the entire weekend to myself -- well, the entire weekend to spend on this GTG.

Been neglecting my B5.5 this entire year, so a much needed waxing is definately in order.  Too bad money's tight right now -- I'm yearning for some more mods to do.

BTW, a few weeks ago I noticed a strange creaking/crunching sound and feeling when breaking, accellerating and turning coming from the front wheels and transmitting to the steering wheel and pedals.  I had a mechanic from Mountain States VW do a quick visual inspection on it and found nothing and said it was still safe to drive (they wanted min $90 to do a more detailed inspection when the shop's open).
I suspect it's the suspension (I have the Eibach por-system installed almost two years ago), but lately the creaking sound and feeling has disappeared.  I hope someone could check it out for me.

Let me know what you need for food, I'm more than happy to whip up some sides or some BBQ stuff.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing the Denver crew finally since moving here.  I'm thinking of having a GTG at my downtown loft sometime next month (the remodelling is still behind schedule).

Cheers!
-Alan.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50