Author Topic: GTG/Birthday Celebration/Detail Day...weekend of OCT 18-19th  (Read 12079 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
GTG/Birthday Celebration/Detail Day...weekend of OCT 18-19th
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 04:46:57 AM »
Alan...it will be good to see you again..I sent you PM with the address so you can get directions from mapquest.  See ya on Saturday.

cheers
jon 8)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 01:25:33 PM »
It sounds like there will be plenty going on.  I will be there Saturday day to meet and greet you all and for the first time.  The BBQ and titty bar are up in the air.  I have tickets and back stage passes to a punk-rock show at the gothic, so I might be dressing in my finest and going to get my ass kicked by fellow rockers. :?

I may or may not have an ECU to mess with (see other post for details on that mess). :cry:   Otherwise, I will be available for other people’s projects, as I will have none of my own.  I would be happy to help with anyone that could use a 2nd pair of hands.

I have a jack, jack stands, and my limited but effective set of tools to contribute to the community work bench.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 01:25:33 PM »

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2003, 02:15:05 PM »
Wow, Alan's coming! This is getting serious! ;) It will be good to see you and your B5.5 again, Alan.. I'm sad I may not be able to attend all the garagin', but I'm still down for the evening's festivities. I am hoping maybe I will just show property in the morning. ;) Either way, i'll see all of you at some point on sat.  Also.. i went to PT's this weekend for a bachelorette party.. after seeing puppetry of the penis of course..PT's was actually pretty fun. So I'm not a strip club virgin anymore. All the girls who are coming with shouldn't be skeeered! But then again, I enjoyed getting spanked by a male stripper..
MWJD?

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2003, 04:00:46 PM »
Alan, I saw your car parked downtown yesterday.  Near 14th St. & Glenarm or so?  It looked nice!

I got a question about the strip clubs we might be going to on Sat night.  Are they all 21 and up or are some 18 and up?  I ask because I know a kid in Ft. Collins who just joined the Army and is home for the month before shipping off to Korea for a year.  I used to mentor him and I was thinking of "mentoring" him in the art of titty bars this weekend  :)  If we're gonna be at places that let you in if you're 18, I'll invite him along, if not I'll hang out with him the next weekend.  You guys with more experience with local clubs, let me know.  Thanks!
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2003, 04:19:05 PM »
The only 18+ place I know of is Saturdays, heck i don't even know if it is around anymore, it was really nasty, full nude, nasty old men in that place.

DC and The Gun and PTs are all 21+.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2003, 03:10:35 PM »
Ok, it turns out I will be there all day Saturday, but I won't be able to make Sunday.  After we eat, I'll need to come down and shower, clean, and then shower (I get dirty at garage days) again.

Jen is still on the fence, so everyone email her at jencorbitt@yahoo.com and tell her how much fun we will have...nothing like peer pressure.  :lol:
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2003, 03:14:54 PM »
I plan on being there Saturday to hang out, help out and eat and stuff. I need to get the tent still.  However, I don't think I'll be going to the booby bars.  It's too much money for me right now (medical bills) and I will probably be wiped out by then anyway.  At least I will be able to spend quality time with my b5 buddies.

Oh yeah, we will need to have the CU game on a radio since it wont be on TV. :)

velo

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2003, 03:19:20 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Jen is still on the fence, so everyone email her at jencorbitt@yahoo.com and tell her how much fun we will have...nothing like peer pressure.  :lol:

Jen's got mail!  :lol:
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2003, 08:00:03 PM »
Jen got more mail.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2003, 08:15:23 PM »
Quote from: "velo"
Jen's got mail!

Quote from: "03Indigo"
Jen got more mail.

Right on!  I know she wants to go, she's just being stubborn and she thinks we'll just talk about cars all night.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2003, 08:24:04 PM »
I have officially jumped on the band-wagon and send words of encouragement / harassment to Jen.  Even though I do not know her, I am always up for a good gilt-trip.
 :wink:
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2003, 08:28:31 PM »
I chipped an and fired one off to her too.

velo

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2003, 08:39:36 PM »
I predict that Jen will be giving Winston detailed instructions about NOT posting her email on this forum again.  :P  It's a good thing she's got a good sense of humor though.

Winston had a good point in an earlier post about going home to clean up before heading out to the clubs.  Is that already figured into the agenda Jon?  I'll volunteer my place in Capitol Hill as a meeting place before we go out for the night.  Parking sorta sucks, but it's central to most folks and not far from several of the clubs we'll probably want to go to.

Is Pat going out with us?  I don't think I've heard much from him yet on this thread.  I also didn't hear if he'd be able to get a sun tent or two (in addition to Jay's) for the detailing on Sunday.

(WOO HOO, this post put me at 100, I'm a "vet" now!  Although, I would think changing my own timing belt would have made me a "war hero" or something  :wink: )
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2003, 09:10:01 PM »
Hadn't though about getting clean before we go out and get dirty :twisted: , but meeting at your place Alan sounds great, we can figure that out on Saturday...to tired to think right now.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2003, 03:30:50 AM »
Yup that was my car parked on Glenarm and 14th -- I was at the Pavillions watching Kill Bill (awesome flik BTW).
I'm inbetween Capitol Hill and Downtown (18th and Washington to be exact), so we could always meet up at my pad and park our cars (there's plenty of street parking here) if we plan to do some downtown partying.
Ops, I forgot there's another Alan here -- didn't think I volunteered to host anything, but I don't mind if you want to meet here at some point.

Goth night sounds cool too, been to a couple around here -- too bad my goth friends are out of town.

So where's this nudie bar you guys are talking about?  Is it the one at Alley Cats?
Last time I went to a strip club I almost got scammed $40 for a lap dance -- I'm kinda tight on cash so I don't want to be throwing around money, unless... :wink:

-Alan.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2003, 01:11:38 PM »
I have a feeling I'm going to be one tired cookie Sunday morning at work  :roll:  8)

Win, I'll send Jen an email today...we are not going to be talking about cars all night!

Sounds like we'll have quite a crew throughout the day/night...looking forward to it  :twisted:

~Wen

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2003, 07:24:40 PM »
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

I HATE WHEN MY JOB GETS IN THE WAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE!!

NOTHING FINAL YET, BUT ONCE AGAIN I MAY BE FORCED TO MISS THE GTG AND DRIVE TO CALIFORNIA - AGAIN :!:

I WILL KNOW MORE TOMORROW.

FEEL FREE TO LOB INSULTS AND GUILT MY WAY, AS I WOULD DO THAT SAME TO ANY OF YOU. :wink:
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2003, 09:06:49 PM »
So what's the official plan for saturday night?
The weekend's approaching soon, and I need to know soon so I could prepare some food if we are doing the BBQ thing, etc.

Thanks!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2003, 09:24:39 PM »
Alan,

Glad we'll get to see ya.  So far, we'll meet up at Jon's Saturday morning and commence a lot of work on several cars.  Then Jon's BBQ with his kickin ribs.  After that, clean up and head out to some titty bars.  We haven't settled on the specifics of those yet, but we'll decide on Saturday and go from there.

I haven't been to any in CO yet, but I spent more than my fair share at them in Atlanta, where pretty much anything goes, depending on how much money you have and which bar you're at.

So, for those that know them around here, I will defer to your experience.

Sunday, I won't make it but anyone that wants to get in on the detail action, Jon will once again be hosting that.  Thanks Jon!

Anyone that needs to get in touch with me and can't find your way to Jons, out Saturday, or anything else, feel free to call my cell at 720-318-5177.

Ciao mang!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2003, 12:53:59 PM »
Alan W.

Like winston said....we are meeting here during the day for tooling :lol:  then the BBQ starts around 4pm for the ribs.  If anyone wants to bring over extra racks of baby back ribs...feel free to bring more over.  I can then get them all sauced up and cooking.

After that, your suggestion of meeting at your place for a check point after everyone get's cleaned up is awesome.   Sounds like you have more parking available than Alan R.....so I would be up for that...and i want to check out your Loft as well.  We will then head to the bars and figure it out from there.  There are other friends of mine joining us later in the evening for the BBQ, and some will be headed out to the clubs with us...and some of them are girls :twisted:  hehe

Bring what ever you want for grub on Saturday...we need to also figure out something for lunch...I have to watch my budget too...the ribs are spendy, so that is all I am going to be able to provide for everyone.

I am soooooo looking forward to this weekend

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2003, 01:56:25 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Bring what ever you want for grub on Saturday...we need to also figure out something for lunch...I have to watch my budget too...the ribs are spendy, so that is all I am going to be able to provide for everyone.

I am soooooo looking forward to this weekend

We could do buffet style "make-your-own" hoagie for lunch. They are quick, easy and gooood. I can bring lunch meats and veggies, if people want to do this for lunch. Just let me know what you all like and I will pick something up. How may people are planning on attending? I guess I'll have to go through and count. Let me know if this sounds good.

Mark
mad wagon

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »
HI-HO, HI-HO TO CALIFOR-N-I-A, I GO

I HATE MY JOB SOMETIMES, BUT IT DOES PAY FOR ALL THE MOD'S ON MY CAR, SO IT IS A NECESSARY EVIL.

HAVE FUN, SORRY I WILL MISS IT. :cry:
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2003, 02:37:20 PM »
Quote from: "madigan"

We could do buffet style "make-your-own" hoagie for lunch. They are quick, easy and gooood. I can bring lunch meats and veggies, if people want to do this for lunch. Just let me know what you all like and I will pick something up. How may people are planning on attending? I guess I'll have to go through and count. Let me know if this sounds good.

Mark

Mark, that sounds awesome.  There are many grocery stores around, so we can figure out what we need to buy tomorrow, and just get what we need.  I am figuring on 10-15 people during the day, at the most, and around 30 (maybe) for the BBQ.  I just picked up 9 racks of ribs...that should be plenty.  I don't hve much else here...been working too hard to go shopping...but we can get what we need tomorrow...food, drinks, etc.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2003, 02:40:06 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"

I HATE MY JOB SOMETIMES, BUT IT DOES PAY FOR ALL THE MOD'S ON MY CAR, SO IT IS A NECESSARY EVIL.

If anyone understands "when duty calls" it is me.  Sorry you won't be here for the festivities...but sometime in the near future...I am sure we will all get together again.

have a good trip

jon

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2003, 02:41:02 PM »
Have fun in Cali, if you're going to be in So Cal swing by Newport for me and  stand on the beach or the Pier and watch the sunset. It's an old favorite of mine.

As for tomorrow, looks like I may get the tent after all, my Parents are in NY right now, so I just need to go get it, not sure how to get it in my car because I can't lift it right now.  I will also have T-Shirts and Frisbees with me tomorrow for anyone looking to get one or an extra.

For lunch, maybe we should do one of those big Subway subs? I think King Soopers might do them too.  I believe they are pretty affordable and it could feed us all as long as we have snack stuff to (like chips and stuff).

Does anyone have time today to call and maybe check that?  Otherwise I'm up for helping out with a build your own deal.  I am flat broke, but have a change cup that needs cashing in which should allow me to help with getting some food, snacks, pop, beer type stuff.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2003, 03:58:17 PM »
Jay, either way sounds good to me.  I think everyone is a little tight on cash...a way of life for us all.  So we can all chip in, buy bulk, and eat like kings.  Either large sub or what Mark suggested...I vote for Mark's suggestion, but am game for anything.

No worries about the tent...if it is too hard to get, forget it.  It is not such a big deal, just a thought.

I have some hamburgers as well we could grill up, but I have no buns or toppings...but I would rather do sandwiches...since I will also be cooking ribs during the day.

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2003, 04:02:41 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"

Your going to Ca-lee-for-nia! Say hello to Arnold for us and what not!  :lol:
mad wagon

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2003, 04:25:16 PM »
Maybe he and I can grope some girlies together, afterall I am going to miss out on the Tittly bar too. :D
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2003, 04:56:42 PM »
I am reading all of this and I wish I could join.  I will have to wait until next time.    :(  :(  :(
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2003, 02:48:41 AM »
Looks like the BBQ meat has been taken care of.
I'll whip up a couple big bowls of potato and pasta salad.

I have a bunch of things that needs to be taken care of tomorrow, but I'll definately join up later in the afternoon.
My place is in a state of mess since the renovation is more than 3 months behind schedule, but everyone's more than welcome to meet up later in the night before partying up if you guys don't mind the mess.  We could also start on getting liquored up here since the drinks are probably expensive at the titty bar -- there's also a charming neighborhood dive bar which is cool to hang around for a bit.

Me and my car are looking forward to the detailing day on sunday if we are not too hung over -- Hangovers and orbital buffers are not a good combination!

-Alan W.