Author Topic: ahh... back online.. So how is everyone doing?  (Read 2502 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
ahh... back online.. So how is everyone doing?
« on: October 26, 2005, 12:46:43 PM »
So how is everyone doing?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 12:48:57 PM »
Eh.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 12:48:57 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 12:50:29 PM »
Well the Avs won last night...so good. :)

Glad to see the site back up too!

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 12:55:57 PM »
I think RMCB5 needs a better hosting company! Data centers should be able to survive any type of natural disaster damnit!  I think we need to use Cheyenne mountains military data ceneter at least its designed to withstand a 10 Megaton ICBM warhead...
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 01:08:49 PM »
I've been at my computer constantly clicking REFRESH for two days straight trying to load this site!!!
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 01:17:57 PM »
I have been speaking with NORAD all morning, I let them know that Wilma was actually a terrorist and the future of America lies in this website.  For some reason I don't think they bought it and there are  abunch of black helicopters flying around outsi.....

I have no knowledge of the existence of any black ops program operating within the United States. Everything I have said is a lie. I like puppies.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 01:26:05 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I have been speaking with NORAD all morning, I let them know that Wilma was actually a terrorist and the future of America lies in this website.  For some reason I don't think they bought it and there are  abunch of black helicopters flying around outsi.....

I have no knowledge of the existence of any black ops program operating within the United States. Everything I have said is a lie. I like puppies.

You claimed you were the president on AW last night. So i would expect more pull from you.  

If we all chip in a few $$'s does that help us get a new server or what ever we need? (please note, i know nothing about hosting websites).

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 01:36:26 PM »
It has nothing to do with out host. Verio is a HUGE player as a data center in the US. A lot of people rely on Verio because of their record and contingency planning.

Unfortunately, it makes our host look bad when they mess up like they did in this case.  The owner of our hosting company flew down to Florida yesterday and was at th datacenter by midnight ET last night. We was copying all the user data to disk drives which he was then overnighting to another competing data center a little further inland I believe. :)

A little FYI, the hosting company we use is HostPC.com. They are a great affordable host with a fantastic customer service and technical support record in my book. I host all my sites through them, and I have always recommended them to others and will continue to.

Obviously, if HostPC runs into some issue with sorting this out and cannot meet our needs we will move.

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 02:14:36 PM »

BASTARDS!  black what.. puppies.. mountains.. secrets!
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 02:23:55 PM »
moving  :roll:

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 03:07:19 PM »

Jay, have you been drinking again?
Life's too short to be taken seriously

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 03:11:26 PM »
Quote from: "Spicoli"

Jay, have you been drinking again?

And here I was just thinking he might have gotten hit by a puck at the game.  He did choose a good game to go to though, as long as he stayed for the last few minutes.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Eric

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.setuning.com
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »
thank god, the void in my life is now back again

E

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 03:21:54 PM »
Quote from: "gragravar"

And here I was just thinking he might have gotten hit by a puck at the game.  He did choose a good game to go to though, as long as he stayed for the last few minutes.

I never leave early.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 03:25:42 PM »
That's what she said! HAHAHAHAHA!

...lame...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 02:01:57 AM »
Honesty, I felt like a good friend went missing when the site was down.  I realized how dependent I have become on this site when it was MIA for a couple days.  I now have a greater appreciation for this site, the members and primary source of contact to the outside world it provides me.

So please, for the greater good of humanity and my personal sanity, do not let it happen again.  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I know there was nothing you (Jay) could have done, even if you are the President. :D
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065