Author Topic: come celebrate Andrew's (34k) b-day tonight!  (Read 2607 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
come celebrate Andrew's (34k) b-day tonight!
« on: November 05, 2005, 02:26:41 PM »
It's Andrew's birthday today.
We will be meeting at Parallel 17 (1600 East 17th Avenue at the SE corner of Franklin and 17th) for dinner and drinks at around 7pm.  It's a really cool spot with good vietnamese food.  They also have their "Me So Happy Hour" between 5-7 for $3 drinks.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 07:08:45 PM »
Count me in!  sounds like fun.  I'll be there in the 6:15-6:30 timeframe for a happy hour drink.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 07:08:45 PM »

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 07:46:47 PM »
Wish i could - have to take my son to one of his friend's b-day parties instead.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 12:16:10 AM »
also wish I could make it, but busy with final packing details for moving tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Andrew, hope it was a good one!!!!! :D

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 01:28:09 AM »
Couldn't be there, but Happy B-Day anyway Andrew!!!!

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 03:24:53 AM »
Wait, what, where, lbblbhphpoho  Dang it!  I definately didnt want to miss something like this.  Sorry Andy.  Wish I could have been there.  I would pour one out for ya homie, but that would be an awful waste of a perfectly good beer.    8)
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 03:20:32 PM »
It was a great evening!  Parrallel 17 is a really cool place and the food is fantastic.  Not expensive either, all things considered.

I got pulled over for 59 in a 40 on the way home but the cop let me off for being friendly and cooperative.  I do not think I was going that fast and 40 for that piece of empty rural road is silly.   Had he written me for 54 or something I would have thought that was fair.  I was not trying to speed, did not have the detector or anything, I guess the car just got rolling a bit.  Still I'm pretty sure 59 is a bit faster than I was really going.  Nice of the cop to let me off.  He had the ticket all written, just decided to tear it up at the last minute I guess.  He'd had a bunch of stops where people were jerks or lying outrageously so he was pleased someone was freindly and honest.  He liked my car too.

Anyway a great night all around.  Happy day after Andrew!
-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 01:21:15 PM »
Thanks a lot guys!

I was out at Second Creek all morning until about 1PM. The weather must have scared everybody but the die-hard guys with PCA off because it was basically empty. I was the only RMCB5'r there, and for that matter I was the only Dub representing in basically a sea of Porsches! The weather first thing was super crummy. The track was soaked at eight thirty when the gates opened and we got into the paddock. I did two sessions with it wet but really couldn't get any power to the ground with the Kumho MXs. I decided to hang out for a bit and sip coffee at which point it started to rain. It was cold enough that there were actual flakes floating to the ground. I began to resign myself to a couple very slow laps to say good-bye to Second Creek when literally a gleam of hope appeared on the western horizon in the form of an ever-growing patch of perfect blue. By ten, the sun was out and dried everything up. Aside from a little wind now and then, it was a gorgeous day. There were probably between thirty and forty cars out there by the time I left so traffic was pretty much non-existent. It was a shame not to see anybody out there I knew, but I met a few of the Porsche owners and some of the other guys, which was still pretty darn cool.

After an hour nap or so, we did the dinner thing at Parallel 17. As Joel mentioned, the food was outstanding and the company charming. Thank you again Alan for your choice, it was absolutely perfect, especially considering half of us were vegetarians.

Then on to the Tiki bar in the heart of the downtown Ramada Inn for umbrella drinks with garnishes that barely fit in the glasses. Woo! I'm usually a bourbon and beer kinda guy, but you have to have the infusion of craziness every now and then.

So between the European cars, Vietnamese food and South Pacific / Americana drinks I'd say my little tour of the world for my birthday was a complete success. To those that came out, thank you for making it what it was (and thanks again for the drinks!). For those that couldn't, I'm sorry ya missed a good time!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 01:38:53 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it...happy belated birthday :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 02:49:57 PM »
glad everyone had a great time, and eventhough running a bit late we managed to get a "Me So Happy Hour" drink (I like saying that).

I've been there once before for a late night drink, and the DJs they have spinning there later in the night were pretty good.  I'll certainly be back there for lunch and dinner (they have those tasty Vietnamese sandwiches which I lived on through university).

The Tiki Bar was fun too.  Doug's friend, Lauren was pretty entertaining -- does he work there?
I didn't know these places still existed -- reminds me of the Brady Bunch  Hawaiian episode.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
happy belated B-day.  I wish i had swung by the SCR, but i was in boulder trying to figure out what is wrong with my suspension.  Next year i guess eveyrone will have to pilgramage to Pueblo.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 03:26:38 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this until today.  Happy belated birthday.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 06:13:09 PM »
Quote from: "gragravar"
Sorry I didn't see this until today.  Happy belated birthday.

Me eather, Happy B-Day Andy!!
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 03:46:57 AM »
Bleh, just saw the post tonight, Happy Belated B-Day man, sorry I didn't make it.  Hope you had a great one!!  :)

Jonathan

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 05:23:21 PM »
Hey Andy.  Happy birthday!

I hope you had a great time.  I miss anything Alan plans as those events are always great!

Hope to see you guys over Christmas.

Dub
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.