Author Topic: It is a bad week if you are a Red GLI  (Read 1436 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
It is a bad week if you are a Red GLI
« on: November 07, 2005, 12:59:59 AM »
First OT's tragedy the day after he bought it:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2271681

And now Crystal's Red GLI gets slammed into by a red miata.

Story:  She was taking her grandma to get a haircut and had her sister with her.  about 1/4mile from her parents house some red miata is driving too fast in the wet conditions and loses control.  He slides off the road and for some reasons decides to steer back onto the road and straight into crystals car T-Boning her at the rear driver side door.  

I am not sure if her car is going to be totaled or not.  The rear quarter panel is pretty badly damaged and not sure if it is repairable.  Also the side impact and driver seat airbags went off.  Crystal hurt her neck a bit (whiplash), but her grandma and sister were fine.  

Pics are thumbnails:
Here you can see the road.  Leftside is where she was and she pulled off the road seeing this guy all out of control.  The right side skid marks are from his front wheels.

And here is the car

Shock is broke, and you can't see it in the photos, but the rear suspension swing arm is bent in and twisted too, and airbag shots.

This doesn't seem so good to me.. the trunk isn't sitting flush anymore, on either side.

More pictures can be found at:
http://www.jackham.net/GLI
Life's too short to be taken seriously

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 01:28:59 AM »
That sucks dude. I hope it's not totaled. I remember being in the one wreak I was in...made me sick to my stomach. I know where you can pick up a Passat or a Jetta if it is though...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 01:28:59 AM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 02:05:07 AM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
That sucks dude. I hope it's not totaled.

Its never a good thing to have that happen to a car, ever.  As much as we may not want it to be totaled, I wouldnt want to have that car repaired, no matter how good the body shop is.  Thats some pretty extensive damage to the car; c pillar, trunk, rear subframe, rear suspension, etc, etc.  If they dont total it out, they'll end up replacing cutting the car in half and peicing it back together.

Sorry to see that this happened.  Hopefully everyone recoops safely and is back up to speed in no time at all.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 02:39:44 PM »
Glad to hear grandma and sis were okay and Crystal wasn't seriously injured.
Hope they totalled it out -- the car will never be the same after it's repaired.  The frame looks to be intact so they will probably fix it -- make sure Crystal takes it to a good body shop and she get her depreciation from damage compensation too since it was not her fault.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 08:06:55 PM »
glad everyone was OK, and I hope Crystal's neck feels better soon.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 01:32:26 AM »
wow. crazy stuff. atleast she is ok. You can always replace a car, but not a person.