Author Topic: Road Trip  (Read 1386 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Road Trip
« on: September 29, 2003, 08:34:25 PM »
Well I am back from California.  I return tired, wiser and pourer.

Tired – 14 hours of driving after working all day is exhausting.  Doing it twice in 5 days it really exhausting. 8O

Wiser - Because I know that living in LA is not for me.

Pourer – Thanks to the Moab County Sheriff. :twisted:   Personally I think speeding should be de-criminalized.

I stopped into ABD Racing in Riverside, to look around and chat with some folks there.  I did not have enough extra cash to buy anything, but I have developed one heck of a wish list.  I grabbed a catalog and price list – so if anyone wishes to take a look though it, let me know.  I do plan on attending a GTG someday, but you guys always plan them the weekends I have my son.

I also decided that people who tune cars in Los Angeles are not too smart.  After all when it takes you 45 minutes to drive 10 mile in bumper to bumper traffic – what is the point of having a tuned car?  I felt so frustrated, knowing that I could go fast and having no place to open it up at.  I guess tracking the car or doing a lot of night driving is the only option.

So with winter coming soon (thank god) does anyone want to put a ski trip together?  I would be willing to help plan, any interest?
 :?:
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 04:01:53 PM »
Doh!  That is a lot of driving.  I used to drive straight from Denver to Atlanta and back, which is like 28 hours, but I can't/won't do that any more.

Sounds like a lot of cool stuff in the area, but I would have to agree about the traffic.  It would turn me into a night person, that's fo sho!

I don't ski, but I board (not to well yet tho).  I'd be up for planning something in the January/February time frame!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 04:01:53 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Road Trip
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 04:19:19 PM »
I drove to Newport Beach the first week of August.  That construction through the Mojave is a nightmare, though it is probably cooler now than when I passed through.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Road Trip
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 04:45:29 PM »
The drive through the desert was good at night, the construction was a bit slow though.  I-15 from St. George Utah to the CA border was great.  No traffic, no cops and long, straight and newly paved.

As for the ski & board trip - Jan / Feb would be the best time of year.  I think maybe to Copper, Keystone, or if people are up for the drive, Steamboat.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Road Trip
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 04:47:04 PM »
If I'm all better by then i am in for sure.  Right now my Ski season is in limbo :(