Author Topic: Autobahn Premier Service Garage Day  (Read 7776 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Autobahn Premier Service Garage Day
« on: November 08, 2005, 07:13:24 PM »
I want to gauge interest in a Garage Day at the shop.   This is a idea I have been tossing around for a while, but I am not exactly sure how to make it work.

This would be an open day, here at the shop, where people can come and be given assistance with the need of their car. Mark and I would be available to offer extra hands, and guidance.

In order to make it comply with our insurance policy, I would have to charge a small fee. This fee would make your presence in the shop covered by our policy. This coverage is for the protection of the company and any liability we have for people being here and the property on site (ie: your car, our tools, and most importantly advice given). This does not mean that if you screw something up on your own car, while in the shop, that our insurance would cover the repairs. Everyone would assume their own responsibility for the work they do here. However, if Mark or I are helping you and WE do something wrong, then insurance would cover our mistake.   So if you are not sure what to do or how to do it, let us do it.  Then if WE mess it up everyone is in the clear.

The fee would depend on what you would like to do and if there is any waste disposal involved. If you just want to stop by or hang out, there would be no charge, you just can not do any wrenching.

I would like to stay away from people doing major work like suspensions, timing belt work and other major modifications. I would like to keep this day for people that need the use of a lift, or air tools to accomplish repairs, or who do not have room to work on their car at home. Oil changes, tire rotations, and regular maintenance is fine. If you have something in-mind and are not sure if it is with-in the vision I have for these events, please call me or PM me and I will let you know. I will consider each request on a case by case basis. Most of it will depend on what others have planned for the day and if there is time and room for major work.

If you do have a major modification that you want to make to your car, and it does not fit in the Garage Day criteria, please let me know. I am very willing to work with club members and offer a discount on major work. I want to help everyone, but I also have to pay the bills.

Please do not let the above scare you.  I think opening the shop up once in a while can be a good thing, we just have to make sure everyone is protected.  If  any of you have ideas on how to make this event good for the club members, please let me know.  I would like to keep these events for RMCB5 members only.  Please do not cross post it, as I fear too many people will show up and then it will defeat the purpose.  This is a perk for members of this site.

Thanks Randy
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 07:21:07 PM »
Thanks Randy, I think this is a wonderful idea!

Gonna sticky this sucka!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 07:21:07 PM »

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 07:27:20 PM »
I'll pay the fee just to come help wrench...no major projects on my daily driver, and I don't think anyone wants to see my long term project being dragged around town just yet.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 07:31:59 PM »
any way you can do it next wednesday or thursday? ;) I need to pull out my cusco zero2 coilovers and put in a GT suspension in my outback....then ship out the Cusco's as soon as I can, someone is waiting for them on the east coast.

if not....what would you charge for a quick suspension swap...and sway bar bushing greasing?  I would even help with all the work, etc.

I would do this on my own...but as you know, I am sans tools and garage at the moment and looking for options.  

as for the garage day, my guess is you are gonna do it on the weekend so most can attend.  Personally, I think it is a top notch idea, great PR, and it will give a change for everyone to get together.

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 08:16:50 PM »
Wow! Thanks Randy, sounds like a great idea!

I do need a lift actually. I have the parts in for my schmucked up front end (underbelly plastic and inner fenderwell splash housings. IT wouldn't be too big of a deal for me to do here as I have ramps but a lift is soooo much better than a creeper and the bad back!

Let me know a date and I'm in!

Thanks,
Al
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 08:21:25 PM »
WOW This is an awesome opportunity!!

I have iON springs on the way (from a group buy) and will definitely need more than a little "help" installing them.

Since I am clueless with suspension mods I don't mind paying whatever to maybe learn a thing or two. Of course I'd be willing to lend a free set of hands to who ever else needs it.

Thanks Randy!

Uhh Jon- You're gonna do WHAT??? lol

edit: ok I just read this part:

I would like to stay away from people doing major work like suspensions

whoops!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 08:26:18 PM »
Al...you are coming to Fat Burger tonight?  Right?  I can tell you all about it then if you show!!!!

Fat Burger in Highlands Ranch, south of C470 near Broadway I believe, about 630pm......  check LGT.com rockymountain section for details.

anyone else is welcome to join us there tonight, my guess, about 10 Legacy GT owners are showing up.

KevB

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 08:33:58 PM »
Great idea Randy.  I need to put my snow's on soon and it would be a ton easier with a lift and air tools.  Without them I'll be doing each tire one at a time with the factory jack and I don't have a torque wrench.

Just let me know the date.

Kev
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 08:38:19 PM »
Wow, this sounds like a wonderful oppourtunity, thaks Randy.  Actually the old lady (Passat- that is) could use a oil change.  It would also give me a chance to properly see the engine mount to see if it needs replacing.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 08:39:59 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Al...you are coming to Fat Burger tonight?  Right?  I can tell you all about it then if you show!!!!

Fat Burger in Highlands Ranch, south of C470 near Broadway I believe, about 630pm......  check LGT.com rockymountain section for details.

anyone else is welcome to join us there tonight, my guess, about 10 Legacy GT owners are showing up.

Yep I'll be there! See you then  8)
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 08:52:04 PM »
Hey Cool! I have a bunch of d-modding to do...some of which requires putting my car in "service-position" :roll: This would be the perfect place for that little couple hour project. Let me know when.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 08:57:37 PM »
Thanks for all the response.  Here are some direct details:

Suspensions....  If we wanted to have a suspension specific GTG, I would be for that.  Springs are not a big deal, Coilovers (instal) are a bit too much for one of these days as the time needed to set ride height is too much and no one else would get to use the lift.  I will PM each of you interrested in springs personally.

Oil change - No problem, we can toss 'er up on the lift, drain, fill and dispose of the waste oil in the "Exxon Valdez" can.  Cost for a DIY oil change would be $5.00 for waste disposal and lift use.  If you need a filter, I can get OEM filters and offer 10% off to those in need.  I can also get Pentosynth 5W30 or 5W40 synthetic oil if needed 10% off that too.

Tire rotation/Swap - Again, not a problem.  $3.00 fee for lift and air tools.

All others look for PM's shortly.

I am thinking this Saturday if people are interrested.  We can open at 9 and run untill everyone is done.  I would suggest a sign-up sheet for times to help things go smoothly.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 09:06:50 PM »
Great! I don't really have anything to do, well I have a lot to do to the scout, hmmm. :)

I bet I could find some time to come by and say hi to whoever is there. PLus I haven't seen the shop yet!!!

Uber_Wagon

• Stock
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 09:07:32 PM »
I'm in....  I need to install my rear sway bar end links, but I don't feel like crawling around on the ground of my apt. parking lot.  

A lift would make it a super quick install.  (especially since I've already had the stock links off when installing the sways)

When dou you think it will be?

And, If (I mean when) I win the Tracksports from Zev, I'll be talking to you about the install.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 09:24:28 PM »
Sonny - no problem.  $5.00 for the lift time and tools.

Good luck in the raffel - I hope you do win it.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

KevB

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 09:26:31 PM »
I'm good for this Saturday.  Maybe you can show me how to install some cool hub-caps too :lol:

Kev
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 09:48:38 PM »
Randy, got your PM...sounds like a plan.  Not only will I pay you for shop time, tools, and help, I will buy you Lunch...as well as anyone else that helps. :D

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 09:53:43 PM »
Hey Randy, how much would you charge me to dispose of 6ish kitty litter pails of oil (and some radiator fluid)?

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 10:27:06 PM »
Randy I'd like to come on by and do an oil change or look for a possible vacuum leak but not sure if I can do it this Saturday.  The in-laws are in town. Great people but I need to spend time with them too.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 11:29:53 PM »
I'm totally down for this.
I have a bunch of little things I haven't got the chance or motivation to tackle.  I don't really need a shop to do it, but it will be great to meet up with everyone and check out what's going on -- well actually, Randy I may need someone to check out my suspension which sometimes has a vibration coming from the front passenger side.

Thanks Randy for hosting this!
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 12:51:57 AM »
So it sounds like Saturday is a go!

I will start a sign up sheet for the lift, so that all can get in time to do what they need.  I will plan to open @ 9AM so who want to go first?  I will allot time  according to what people want to do, and how long it "should" take.

Ian - PM sent
Alan - I would be happy to help look at the suspension issues you are having
Kev - we charge extra to instal Wal-Mart spinner hupcaps - LOL

TIME SIGN UP:

9:00 - Sonny
9:40 - Kev
10:00 - JR
10:40 - Mark
12:00 -

1:30 - Dave
2:30 - Autobahn Customer
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Uber_Wagon

• Stock
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 01:09:06 AM »
I'll go first if no one else has signed up...  Mine should only take about 30 minutes, then I'll be out of the way.

KevB

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 01:19:13 AM »
I'll go next.  It shouldn't take long at all to throw my snows on.

I'll be there at 9am anyway.  

If anyone's tackling suspension on Saturday I'd love to help.  I should be able to do some suspension work myself in the spring, so it would be nice to get a little more knowledge on it.

Kev
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 12:37:24 PM »
Randy, Oil Change...I'll buy a filter too. I'm not sure how much oil I have left but will buy more from you if I need it :wink:

Then, I'd like to park my butt somewhere else and start pulling my car apart if that's cool :lol: I'm serious, I need to remove my MBC and put the stock injectors back in.

Do you have Vac line? I need vac line too.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 12:45:25 PM »
WOW.. Now that is a kick ass deal!  No where will you find a deal like this.  I don't need to do anything to the car at this time, but this is a great for people that need simple/basic things done.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 01:22:03 PM »
I don't really NEED anything done to my car.  but I may come on down and hang out for a bit.  Might sit in the parking lot and re-402 the allroad, and may pull my 605 relay too while I am at it.  don't need a lift for eiter of those though.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 01:33:01 PM »
Can I stop by around 1:30 or so for the oil change?  I have a guy comming out Saturday morning to fix the freezer.  

Ditto on the buying of oil and/or filter from you if you have them in stock.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 02:49:43 PM »
JR - What time?  And yes I have vacuum line too.  Special price for you $100 per foot - LOL

Andrew - Plenty of room you you to stop by

I will have the filters here for those who need on their B5 1.8t cars.  If someone with a different car or motor needs a flilter, please let me know by Friday at noon.

As for oil I will have 5W30, 5W40, and 0W40 synthetic here if you need or want to buy some.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 03:07:22 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
Randy, Oil Change...I'll buy a filter too. I'm not sure how much oil I have left but will buy more from you if I need it :wink:

Then, I'd like to park my butt somewhere else and start pulling my car apart if that's cool :lol: I'm serious, I need to remove my MBC and put the stock injectors back in.

Do you have Vac line? I need vac line too.

I have the mobile 1 10w40 (perhaps 0w40) from Al sitting in my garage for you...just kept forgetting to mention it.

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 03:36:16 PM »
I may swing by as well. I've no need for the lift, but I'd like to maybe dig into that SPS3 controller / Pro Diag software re-configurator type thing.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI