Author Topic: I might have to sell my car  (Read 1810 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
I might have to sell my car
« on: November 22, 2005, 05:19:17 AM »
BMW is coming out with another coupe... the Z4.  I would settle on a 3.0 ... but if they come out with an M.... I will get one (unless it is way too expensive).  The rear kinda reminds me of the expensive luxury ferrari (can't think of the model name).

video: http://reviews.cnet.com/BMW_Z4_Coupe/4660-11443_7-6333754.html
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Cliffjumper

• n00balicious
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 05:54:55 AM »
I'd have to go with the Porsche Cayman S. But that's me.
id you remember your towel?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 05:54:55 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:17:36 AM »
love that coupe....I might have to get in on one of those in the future as well.  I think they did a great job going from rag top to hard top.

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 12:42:34 PM »
smokin'!!

Not my style but it may tickle my wife's fancy. She likes bimmers more than me.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 10:23:07 PM »
Same concept as the M Coupe they had back in 99-02.  Very quick little cars.  They loved to spin those rear ends around though.  Pretty good 50/50 weight distribution too.  If you get one, it'd be a sweet ride.  I was previously looking at M Coupes a while back but never found any in my area that was a reasonable price.
GL.

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 10:34:25 PM »
Really like the direction BMW took with this car. I bet the engine is sssilky smooth too.

I like the pictures of the Z4 over the Cayman so far but I'll have to see how I feel once I see them both on the road.

M Coupe in action...mmmm!
This link is worth posting again!!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 12:25:42 AM »
I have always loved the M couple, esp the 320hp one... the Z4 coupe... you know they will have an M.  Supposedly in 2009 BMW is going to make a run of hatch backs for the new Z4 if these sell well.  In 2009 they are looking at a few engines... a 450hp V8 and 320hp straight 6 turbo.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:12:47 AM »
I really love the Z4 coupe when it was first introduced.
I really liked the Z3 coupe, which is a rarity on the streets, and it's quirky and unique, almost british shooting brake look.  I never liked the Z3 convertible because it didn't look like a BMW (and more like a Miata) and it's awful road dynamics and body structure -- and also the coupe has more storage space and doesn't have the typical problems of a soft top.

I didn't mind the Z4 convertible and it really grew on me, eventhough the rear end looks unproportionally short and stubby.
The Cayman is an awesome car, but it's more expensive and requires more maintanence.  I kind of wished that the Cayman and the Z4 coupe had a 2+2 option to seat (uncomfortably) two more people if I really had to.

There has been long rumours about Mazda making a hardtop version of the Miata, but last time I've heard it might become the next RX-7 resurrection.  That would be sweet.

I'm still looking for the perfect daily driving, practical sports car.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50