Author Topic: Where to get new key fob?  (Read 1637 times)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Where to get new key fob?
« on: December 13, 2005, 01:04:11 PM »
The dog chewed up the remote part of my key fob.  The actuall metal key itself is fine.  Where can I get a two-button version of this locally?  I'd like to get one ASAP.  If not locally, where online?  Already checked Ebay.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

dubitup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 01:28:05 PM »
STFA, sheesh NOOBIES

I had to do it again

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 01:28:05 PM »

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
Re: Where to get new key fob?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 01:40:59 PM »
Quote from: "DenverPat"
The dog chewed up the remote part of my key fob.  The actuall metal key itself is fine.  Where can I get a two-button version of this locally?  I'd like to get one ASAP.  If not locally, where online?  Already checked Ebay.

Hey Pat...

I w lost one for my 01.5 PAssat and wanted to get it replaced. There were a couple of places here in Denver that sell "aftermarket" FOB's. I will check back in my notes and try and find the info for you this a.m.

Al
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 01:42:14 PM »
Quote from: "givebloodplayhockey"
I w lost one for my 01.5 PAssat and wanted to get it replaced. There were a couple of places here in Denver that sell "aftermarket" FOB's. I will check back in my notes and try and find the info for you this a.m.
Al

Perfect, thanks!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 02:22:35 PM »
Quote from: "DenverPat"
Quote from: "givebloodplayhockey"
Al

Perfect, thanks!

Pat... I can't find crap on who that was that I talked to, I will keep looking. I did find some on e-bay though. Waht year / model is your car?
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 02:45:16 PM »
99.5 A4 1.8T
Found a couple on Ebay with the help of a friend, but they're used.  I'd prefer new, but not totally necessary.  Local would be nice too, but not necessary.
-Chuck Patterson

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 03:35:45 PM »
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 05:02:28 PM »
I bought several on Ebay. Most were in great condition. Just gotta make sure to look at the pics well. Most people indicate the condition. Just make sure the model number is the right one
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II