Author Topic: wow, the Maybach is a BIG car, but ouch - 385K!  (Read 1559 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
wow, the Maybach is a BIG car, but ouch - 385K!
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:25:30 PM »
Stopped in at Glausser in westminster over lunch (wife is going to need a new car soon as the 330 is just getting too small - that or the kids are getting too big for it)  they had a new Maybach sitting in the showroom.  Very nice looking car.  significantly larger than an S class. It was the rear legroom that was truely astounding, not to mention the length of the rear door.  The rear doors on it seemed to be longer than those you would find on an 80's Camaro.

I guess when you spend that much on a car, you park some place where you needn't worry about dinging the car next to you with your door.

speaking of spending that much, the sticker on this one was $385K.  That'll leave a mark.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:26:41 PM »
Oh, and before anyone asks, no I didn't ask if I could drive it, I didn't even ask them to open it up so I could sit in it.  I just walked around it and peered into the windows.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:26:41 PM »

SivNiz

• Stock
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 09:53:30 PM »
what are you doing with the 330?  Any mods? xi ci i?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 10:01:30 PM »
Quote from: "SivNiz"
what are you doing with the 330?  Any mods? xi ci i?

i (rwd - 4 doors)
sport package
premium package (with the exception of wood trim - has aluminum trim)
xenons
cd player
etc

all stock except for the addition of an extra set of winter rims with Donlop M2's.
when we get motivated to do something, I will either sell it outright -probably posting it here first or will trade it - what ever makes the most sense at the time.

It is really low mileage too. it is a 2001 with ~30K miles on it.

for a replacement, well, we'll see.

the rational thing to do would be a new R-Class, but they look much like a minivan.  My wife wants an X5, I like the Cayanne.  both are getting to be rationally priced in the used market now.  there is always the larger sedan route too.  the concept of an E39 M5 would be nice.  hmmm.  choices.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 10:10:33 PM »
Wish I had the money right now, i would be all over buying your 330...I like it a lot and know it has been taken care of.  I love that body style and coupe...perfect color, and since an M3 like that will be out of my range for a long time, I have considered the 330....

Too bad I have 3 cars and the new house to deal with :(, or then again...hmmmmmmm, wonder what Betsy would think about getting rid of the outback...(knowing darn well she woudl kill me for letting go of that  car and the all wheel drive and functionality of it).

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 02:25:15 PM »
thanks Jon.  Yeah, you'd have to replace the mini using the 330 as your "fun" car.   :o

don't upset the SO by losing the functionality of a car she likes.

I think I may have to udate my sig, David Colbert was on Letterman last night and had a great quote - "The only extreme sport I participate in these days is apologizing to my wife".  I can relate, but that doesn't make it a good thing.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 04:15:38 PM »
Tish plans on selling the Jetta this spring and getting something with a lower payment. She'd LOVE to have a bimmer :twisted:

Then, of course, I think I'd be participating in that extreme sport if I pushed the issue :roll:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner