Author Topic: Said Goodbye Just Now  (Read 4305 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« on: December 13, 2005, 04:47:54 PM »
To my beloved B5. May you treat your new owner as well as you did me.

'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:49:04 PM »
Congrats...or, I'm sorry.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:49:04 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 04:50:25 PM »
Well to that I say  :D  and  :cry: . It can be emotional, My b5  was the first new car I ever bought fully on my own. I rememeber shedding a little tear as the new owner drove off even though I already had the A6.

Looking forward to see what's ins tore next. I know you shared with us what you were thinking about so I guess we'll sit back and see what happens. :)

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:42 PM »
Ditto. selling my B5 was tough. It was hard to walk out of the AAA office and not get in her to drive away, and knowing that some one else was about it. Was my first new car purchase too.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

TurboDub

• Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 05:33:06 PM »
I know how you feel, I still have the pics of my B5 and Jetta the 1st day I got them home...:cry:

Just went to lunch in my buddy's 05 >same thing you just got w/o giving it away  :wink: < ...that thing is AWESOME!!

I doubt you'll have too many regrets. Congrats!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

gragravar

• Supercar
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 06:03:33 PM »
like everyone else has said, congrats on a quick sale, but regrets over losing a good B5.  can't wait to see the replacement.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 06:49:52 PM »
(1) Where's my winglets? - lol

(2) I still have my first car that I bought new - the 27-year-old Scirocco with now 281,000 miles.

(3) I imagine that I'll keep this B5 at least that long.  It's already got 140,000.

(4) Good luck with your new purchase.
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 09:45:12 PM »
So what's next Jay?
Life's too short to be taken seriously

RobD

• Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 10:12:55 AM »
Sorry to see her go JR.  I guess it's okay to offer up those extra used tires I've been holding>

FREE - 2 used Falken 18" tires.  I cannot remember the exact size but decent tread left for a track day or as spare.  Please just get them out of my garage!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 12:50:15 PM »
Oh goodness...my dog just looked at me as he swallowed a piece of paper. The whole time ignoring my command to stop and drop it. Oh well.

Al, it's almost what I got, but we opted to be a little wiser with our money at this point and picked up a loaded '00 SE for a steal of a price :D I don't have any regrets at all. I'm stoked. I love the 05's but they're bigger and I still like the styling of the older ones better.

The girl who sold it to us bought in '01 from the originl owners and even included the flag :D It was her baby and she said I can't "mangle" it :lol: I love it! The dogs actually picked it out. They wanted something they could ride comfortably in. We looked at a bunch and Kahzi peed on this one, so we figured it works for Christmas tree shopping, why not cars?

So what I got was a Denim Blue 2000 Nissan Xterra SE, loaded with the grill guard and everything. The rear shocks are almost shot so I'm gonna put Bilsteins on in a month or so. The fogs on the bar are orange and I'm gonna replace those as well with some Hellas or something. Rubber floor mats are coming as well as a big rubber mat for the back. I also want to dig up the rear neoprene seat cover to match the fronts. Kinda gotta get through the Holiday season in one financial piece though first.

It is a little disconcerting knowing my wife's Jetta has more HP than my SUV so I try not to think about it :wink: :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 12:53:48 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty"
(1) Where's my winglets? - lol

On the shelf in my garage :lol:  :wink: You come up next week and I'll bring them to you :wink:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 01:44:41 PM »
Glad all the transactions worked out for you JR.

I have seen the new "X" and it is lovely!  It has been very well maintained and the price was too good to pass on.

I will get my lst moments with JR's B5 when the new owner brings it in for one minor issue.  I think I am going to talk he into more mod's for it.  After all we need all the members we can get - right!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 01:55:12 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"
Glad all the transactions worked out for you JR.

I have seen the new "X" and it is lovely!  It has been very well maintained and the price was too good to pass on.

Thanks Randy...she even dropped the price another $500 :wink:  :P

I almost talked Jill into swapping the seats you  :wink:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 04:45:59 PM »
hey JR - congrats on the Xterra SE.   if you like it, the wife likes it and the dogs do too, then it is probably perfect!  cant wait to see it.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 07:21:57 PM »
nissan x's are pretty cool. pick up some nice IPF or PIAA lights for the front, new 3" lift instead of just replacing the rear shocks. I have seen the 'Calmini' products used quite abit with the x's.  

Check out weokole.com for seat covers. They fit well and are waterproof. We put a set of those in the wifes TDi and she loves them.

Good luck with the new X.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 03:54:43 PM »
<taps fingers> pictures of the new ride? </taps fingers>

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 04:02:52 PM »
Quote from: "Eric18T"
Check out weokole.com for seat covers.

you mean www.wetokole.com ;)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 04:03:59 PM »
No digital camera....

Calmini products are used almost exclusively with the Xterras. However, I don't really want to lift it. I don't have any plans to go hardcore off-road, but do want to make it far more cabable than it is now, but keep it stock looking.

It's got the Xterra neoprene seat covers in the front already, I just need to find some for the rears. I think 31" is the largest I can go on the stock X in tire size, it' has 30's on it now...

The dogs in the meantime love it...they rolled with me everywhere (except to Cole's house) yesterday.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 04:09:29 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
No digital camera....

alright, someone drive over and take pictures for him.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 04:12:17 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
No digital camera....

Calmini products are used almost exclusively with the Xterras. However, I don't really want to lift it. I don't have any plans to go hardcore off-road, but do want to make it far more cabable than it is now, but keep it stock looking.

It's got the Xterra neoprene seat covers in the front already, I just need to find some for the rears. I think 31" is the largest I can go on the stock X in tire size, it' has 30's on it now...

The dogs in the meantime love it...they rolled with me everywhere (except to Cole's house) yesterday.

31"s should be ample for anything you want to do, whether it is on road or off. Unless you are going to get into hard core offroad stuff I would stick with stock sizes. Better fuel efficiency and wear.

Sounds like you picked up the perfect ride. I guess we'll just have to wait until next week to see it.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 04:18:19 PM »
JR - You can always swing by my work and I can snap a couple of pics.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 05:12:17 PM »
Quote from: "ianacole"
JR - You can always swing by my work and I can snap a couple of pics.

Not a bad idea...maybe tomorrow. I'm not going to go anywhere today. I'm tired and have to clean my house. Dogs peeing in front of me don't make for great mornings either.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 05:22:54 PM »
I'll be around, just let me know.

TurboDub

• Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 06:27:56 PM »
Nice! Congrats!!! You know you can't go wrong when your dog pees on the tire as a sign of his approval! :lol:

My mom has a silver 01 that I absolutely love driving when I am home for a visit. I am always amazed at how SOLID and rattle free it is! It feels like you can jump across a RR crossing and still have it not make the slightest bit of noise.

It's not a race car, but off the line it feels plenty quick to me... (though I've only driven it at sea level)

Enjoy it!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 12:45:37 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Quote from: "Eric18T"
Check out weokole.com for seat covers.

you mean www.wetokole.com ;)

yep. thanks for the correction.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Said Goodbye Just Now
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 08:32:39 PM »
Congratulations and sorry to hear it at the same time.  I still remember you and Tish coming over to our group at Dubs on the Green over at Arapahoe Community College and telling us you wanted to fix up your Passat and what to do.

I know you still have the GLI, but I have a feeling you are not done yet.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.