Author Topic: Denver Art Museum - fundraiser gala party, Jan 20th  (Read 1134 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Denver Art Museum - fundraiser gala party, Jan 20th
« on: January 11, 2006, 04:16:53 AM »
Date: 7pm-midnight Friday January 20th
Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum (Lowry), 7711 E. Academy Blvd., Denver
Tickets: $45 Design Council members; $30 35-year-olds and under; $65 others.  Must be purchased in advanced and online.  $20 more at the door.

Click here for more information and to purchase tickets:
http://www.blacktie-colorado.com/calendar/index.cfm?FuseCalendar_ID=9352&CurntDate=01/10/2006&region=0&FUSEACTION=ShowEvent

the Denver Art Museum is having their second annual "Design After Dark" fundraiser.
Each year the DAM invites a handful of the top design firms to design a space/environment/room/display (roughly 20' square) around a certain theme, and also collect items for a live and silent auction which has to be incorporated in their designed space.
This year's theme is color and my firm (4240 Architecture + Interiors) has chosen the color orange and titled our space "Kumquat."  We have collected more than 45 items worth almost $60,000.  Our space is fun, vibrant, and even pervese, all revolving around the theme/fruit, Kumquat.  There are 8 other firms with their chosen color/environments, all very unique.

There is something for everyone up for auction, from $10 to $5,000 -- many of them really cool designed stuff.
It's being held at the Wings Above the Rockies aeronautical museum in Lowry (about 15 minutes east of the city), and all nine of the firm's displays (along with the party, dancing, eating/drinking and smoozing space) will be in the center of this huge airplane hangar with fighter planes surrounding it.

The admission may sound kind of steep but it is for charity and it includes food and dessert buffet, various themed open bars, live music and visuals, and being with the who's who in the art and creative community.

I just came back from a private preview party (mostly for the high rollers) which each groups had to present their idea and a few selected live auction items, and I'm very relieved and happy on the overwhelming reception we had -- almost 4 months of work was well worth it (though I don't think I will do it again!).

I hope some of you could make it.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Denver Art Museum - fundraiser gala party, Jan 20th
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:17:34 AM »
sounds interesting Alan.  Wish I could make it, but again, work is in my way.  I think it would be great to see one of your creative projects, and this one sounds fun.

Good luck in the auctions, and take some pics and post them up for us...for those that can't go.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Denver Art Museum - fundraiser gala party, Jan 20th
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:17:34 AM »