Author Topic: Just moved to Denver  (Read 1871 times)

Enigma

• n00balicious
Just moved to Denver
« on: January 27, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »
Hey guys, I just moved to Denver from a crappy little town in Nebraska.  I'm looking for some fellow car guys to meet up with sometime!  I'm also looking for any local tracks, and the best places to cruise.  I was thinking about coming to D&b to meet some of you guys tomorrow at 4, but I'm not sure if I am welcome.  I don't own a B5 or even a VW for that matter. . . I have an '05 dodge srt-4.  But was unable to find any more general local forums, so I came here.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Re: Just moved to Denver
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:14:17 PM »
You are an Enigma (just one post).

Check out the GTG threads for upcoming local events, gatherings and stuff.
Welcome to the club!

-Alan.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:14:17 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 09:26:50 PM »
Hey, welcome to the club!  although we started off as a B5 group we have definately evolved as everyone has changed cars over time.  now it is a good group of local enthusiasts.

As for D&B saturday, not sure how many folks from here are going, but might be fun anyway.  If it were all folks from here I know you'd be OK, but not really knowing the rest of the crowd I am not sure if you will encounter any euro snobery.  I hope not though.  In my mind a car guy is a car guy.

like alan mentioned, keep your eye out for GTG opportunities.  several of us just met for coffee before work this morning.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »
Welcome!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 03:50:10 AM »
Oh, awesome. An SRT-4.  Post pics! I looked for the SRT-4 at the St. Louis Auto Show a few days ago, but was told they aren't produced anymore.
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 04:20:58 AM »
Ben!!  How's it been?!  Haven't heard much from you of late...
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 06:42:43 AM »
Oh, just busy as hell! Haven't had any time at all for the car, been traveling around a bit, a bit of this, a bit of that, you know.
Quote from: "ianacole";p="40930"
Ben!!  How's it been?!  Haven't heard much from you of late...
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 03:32:44 PM »
Welcome. Curious if you went to D&B and how that went.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »
Welcome to the club.  We are a very open and diverse community.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Enigma

• n00balicious
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 10:19:16 PM »
I actually found an srt4 meet this weekend, we ended up caravaning down I-25 (about 10 of us) and we met up with 6 other srt's at 3r racing.  You can check out this thread for LOTS of pics, and some chatter about a hippie driving a dirty black srt ;) (thatd be me)

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 02:15:24 AM »
Hey Enigma,

You said to check out the thread for pictures, but I don't see any! Let's see that SRT-4.  And as a hippie, I would've taken you for a Civic Hybrid driver. Presumptions, presumptions...