Author Topic: x-post: Denver GTG - Saturday, January 28th  (Read 3419 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
x-post: Denver GTG - Saturday, January 28th
« on: January 16, 2006, 06:30:21 PM »
"...Alot have been asking for it and it's time to bring it back..."

The first large Denver GTG of 2006 will be on Saturday, January 28th, 2006 @ 4:00pm.
Time to start the 2006 year, and why not kick it off with your fellow CO VW enthusiasts and friends.

It'll be at Dave + Busters on I-25 and Colorado Blvd.
We'll meet on the top level of the parking garage for D+B and UATC.

Directions:
* Follow I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
* head south on Colorado Blvd to Buchtel Blvd.
* Now take the second left (which you drive by the parking garage) and then an immediate left into the parking garage.
* Around and around (SLOWLY!) until you're at the top; we'll be meeting there.
* It is free to park for D+B and UATC.

There will be a ton of space available, we should not have a problem at all.
Bring cash; for those not familar with D+B, there is something for everyone: food / video games / bar / etc.

PLEASE come with a positive attitude; many are meeting each other for the first time.
We don't anyone to crash the fun in the first of the year... that's never good!

NOTE There will be no reservations set; this will be a "free-for-all" event more or less.

HEADS UP! Remember that D&B has somewhat of a age limit. 21 to get in, no questions asked. If you're under 21, you *have* to be accompanied by someone over 25. And with that, there's a 4-to-1 ratio (4 underaged persons to one 25+ adult). So, you can get it, but I would make some of-aged friends quickly. However, I've been there under the age and if you act well and play some games without goofing off, they won't have a problem.

NOTE: Also, there will be a few OBDII VAG-COMs and other scanners being brought if you need a scan. Just ask and we'd be glad to help fellow owners out.

Questions, concerns, comments? Feel free to IM me!
Some do arrive a little early (15 - 20mins) in the lot to meet and greet.
Please post if your going; I'll do my best to keep track and update a list as it formulates.

- Erik

If you are interested please post in the thread on vwvortex.

bluefox280

• Stock
Re: x-post: Denver GTG - Saturday, January 28th
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:51:52 AM »
Bump as a reminder!
We already have 15 planning to show.
Lets' kick off 2006 right.

- Erik  :D

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:51:52 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 04:12:04 AM »
Woo hoo! Thanks for Signing up Erik! This way I know these will always get posted. ;)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »
So, wasn't there a police and building owner issue the last time we met there?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »
Yeah, but that has all beenr esolved. A few bad apples did that. I think it's pretty cleas that as long as everyone is tame there wont be an issue.

I mean I know you want to get up there and do some AWD burnouts Andrew ;)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 03:34:17 PM »
Quote from: gietl";p="40627
Yeah, but that has all beenr esolved. A few bad apples did that. I think it's pretty cleas that as long as everyone is tame there wont be an issue.

I mean I know you want to get up there and do some AWD burnouts Andrew ;)

LOL.  yeah, I'll TRY to restrain myself.  I guess I shouldn't try the Transporter II A8 jumping out of the parking garage move.  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:38:43 PM »
I'd be going, but it looks like I'll be up in Aspen that weeked.
Have fun kids!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 11:11:25 PM »
Sorry, won't be able to make it.  I will be at a Crater Lake finishing my open water certification.
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Gutz

• Stock
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:34:04 AM »
Damn I would love to go but i have to both work and go to my sisters
 for her birthday. I would love to meet you all in person.
You guys all seem really nice and cool have fun.

bluefox280

• Stock
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 11:10:17 PM »
Working the top!
We've got a good group coming out!

- Erik

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 07:42:31 PM »
Honestly now. Why do we keep doing D&B?

-Problems with security and Denver PD either ushering people inside or off the property. Many people that show up actually want to stay outside and look at and talk cars.

-Age limit. (at 34 this does not bother me) but I know that some of the people that want to GTG are under 25 or want to bring friends, siblings etc that are under that age. (I know they can get in with an adult, but why make it a problem)

-Once everyone goes inside it is imossible to tell who is "in" the group and who is not. Can't tell what they drive, talk to them about their car etc.

I just think we should look for alternative places.

Here are some suggestions.

-Parks- city/county/state etc.  Some have LARGE parking areas and they are intended for "gathering" and hanging out.

-Other restaurants that have large parking areas or cater to automotive activities. Sonic for example. Or coffee shops where people can get a cup-o-joe and come back out to talk cars.

-Outside some tuners shop?

$0.02

Other suggestions?

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »
I hear you Cole, most of them don't even go into D&B.
And there's always the odd group of hoodlums that ruins it for everyone else (bikers, ricers, etc.).

I honestly think it's getting stale.  Maybe having it every other month instead of monthly and at a different venue each time.

I'm passing this weekend -- I have to catch up on work around the house as usual.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

bluefox280

• Stock
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »
Cole, as you know this was posted on the Vortex, but wanted to throw this up since I've been hearing little complaints.
Also, as an update too, I haven't gotten one working suggestion for a new location / area during the cooler months.

Quote from: Xtremjeepn
I just think we should look for alternative places.

I've been all ears if suggestions have been made.

-Other restaurants that have large parking areas or cater to automotive activities. Sonic for example. Or coffee shops where people can get a cup-o-joe and come back out to talk cars.

For these large GTG's we need a large facility to accomidate us all.  I can tell you from experience, Sonic or a local semi-fast food chain doesn't have the large parking space needed for 30+ cars.  However, if you do know places in / around the Denver metro that would be a good place for the group, sounds good.

Be as a reminder, many who do the large monthly GTG's want more than just a lot.  That's why there's D&B or other larger entertainment places to do just more that just "stand around"; some want to partake in more activity than that.  Also, with the weather not being the warmest yet, being indoors sounds great.

Now, can we do a bowling night?  Indoor go-karts?  Or another place around town?  Sure!  But, I need suggestions be brought up.  I do appreciate you input; I know it's hard to please all but I'm trying to accomidate location, activities, and limitations all at once...

-Outside some tuners shop?

I never been approached by employees from local shops around town.  And with that, I've only asked Mark @ SCR Performance (Loveland) back in the day.  I think showing up to a shop un-announced would be somewhat rude.  But, if we were able to coordinate with a shop a few weeks in advance, that's also an excellent idea!

-Parks- city/county/state etc.  Some have LARGE parking areas and they are intended for "gathering" and hanging out.

Again, good idea for when the weather turns to the warmer side to have a B-Y-B-B BBQ... Most parks you need to purchase or rent time for outdoor barbeque establishments from the city.  So, if there's interest, we can do it... it just takes a little more set-up and some funds upfront.

Other suggestions?

If you've got more, I'd be glad to hear / read them.
Always looking to know more on what others would like to do!

Quote from: limitless_GLI
No matter where the location is, the MAUTRITY OF THE PARTICIPANTS will always be the deciding factor in how the event goes and if we are welcomed back.

And I COMPLETELY AGREE[/color].
I might have to re-enstate "if-you-cause-negative-attention, I'll-personally-report-you-to-the-authorities" policy.

- Erik