Author Topic: Saturday Feb 18th...Moving day.  (Read 8355 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Saturday Feb 18th...double event!!!!...move and loft par
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »
Charles, I have a PM into Alan, not sure what to do about the party at his place, does not seem to be that much interest or people are not available.  We will see what happens the rest of the week to see if we are getting together at his place.

I hope you can help with the move, it would be nice having you around.  That C-clamp is still sitting in storage, and I will need your help moving it again.  :lol:

I have sent out PM's to those helping with the move as to where to meet, and what time...directions, codes, numbers, etc.  If anyone else is still interested, let me know, I will PM you the details.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »
I think it's best to cancel -- I don't have anything against Charles, except for the nasty mess you left in my bathroom last time... just kidding!

I found out it's a long weekend and I have a ton of stuff to catch up on.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Saturday Feb 18th...Moving day.
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
OK, Alan's party has been canceled, we will have another GTG sometime soon.  I will also plan on a BBQ sometime in the spring after the yard is in, and we can have a garage/detail day here....and burgers and maybe even ribs!!!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »
Well after Jon gets all moved, folks can head out to the GTG at D&Bs:

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4010

Jon, I am hoping to be better by this weekend, but things are going slow. You need to move outside of Jay Deathly Ill Season ;).

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »
I'll probably skip the D&B thing.  After moving it will be time to head home to see the wife and kids.

Jay, I hope you don't have whatever nasty cold/flu thing I have had for the last 2 1/2 weeks.  this is awful.  Mine is now going away, and I hope as well to be better by the weekend, but wow, this has been holding on for a while.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 08:19:07 PM »
total bummer you all are feeling so sick.  Been there, done that, hated every minute of it.  If you guys think you are not feeling well enough to lend a hand, then no worries.  I would rather you be home taking care of yourselves over slaving away and getting sicker.

Jay, you got a PM with details, just in case you are feeling up to it.....

I already have one request for Beer, New Castle....so if there are other requests, let me know, I am making my list and will be beer shopping on Friday.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2006, 12:34:24 AM »
I have patients scheduled till 11:30 AM, so when I am done, I can come out and help.  If it went as fast as the last one, you guys will be finished ;)  If ya like, I can give you a ring after work, see if you still want some more help.  Let me know :)

Jonathan

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 12:49:02 AM »
sounds good Jonathan, give me a call on my cell phone, 303-332-3931.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2006, 01:04:59 AM »
Wish I could help you man.... but I am moving the 25th, so I need to pack and such.  Good luck with the move.  I'll have to come over some time to see it... looks amazing.

Spicoli... NotAnAndrew #1
Life's too short to be taken seriously

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
I think I could drop by later that morning (my plans just cleared up that day) -- I need to take my car to Apex at 9am for a little touch up and I'll head up there as soon as I'm done (I've been told it should take 1/2 hour).
I'm also planning on going to the D&B GTG later that afternoon.

Canuck Alan #1

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »
Okay, Okay, FINE. The peer pressure is jsut too overwhelming :wink:  

0900 at the storage place right? Should be plenty of time to get Starbucks, fire up "Merle" my pickup and head on over there. (named after a muli-colored Austrailian Shepard.....it will make sense when you see it)

I will bring the truck "Just in case".  The 1-ton long bed is great for lawn implements, rocks, piles of???? or anything else big and heavy that you don't want around your other things :D

303-359-7469

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »
Quote from: "Cole";p="41800"
Okay, Okay, FINE. The peer pressure is jsut too overwhelming :wink:  

0900 at the storage place right? Should be plenty of time to get Starbucks, fire up "Merle" my pickup and head on over there. (named after a muli-colored Austrailian Shepard.....it will make sense when you see it)

I will bring the truck "Just in case".  The 1-ton long bed is great for lawn implements, rocks, piles of???? or anything else big and heavy that you don't want around your other things :D

303-359-7469

sweet, you mean we get to hear the 454 in action?   :D
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2006, 03:59:23 PM »
Still untuned but it runs. Nothing like good lod fashioned big block V8 power! :twisted: (all wheel drive too :wink: )

Funny thing is the 26' foot moving truck probably has the same motor in it.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »
you guys are awesome.  Alan and Cole, it will be good to see you both here.  Thanks so much for helping out.

You both have PM's regarding moving info, location, times, directions, and phone numbers.

Only request we have so far for Beer is Newcastle, are there any others?  I was thinking about some Modelo as well, I actually like that one.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »
Guinness

John Smiths.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2006, 08:01:49 PM »
nice, here is the current beer list

Newcastle
Guinness
John Smiths

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 07:26:04 PM »
How about some hot chocolate? I hope it's warmer than today.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 08:20:33 PM »
Mmm, hot chocolate and Bailey's!

am I the only one who doesn't mind this weather?!!!

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »
Merle now has a VERY VERY flat tire. (delaminated on the way to the auto parts store)

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 09:08:51 PM »
poor merle.  he is old and those young parts that hang out at the auto parts store just scare him.

hehe, good luck changing that in the cold.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 09:11:37 PM »
Time for some 40" MTRs on 20" rims :wink:

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 09:16:10 PM »
Quote from: "Cole";p="41818"
Guinness

Mmmm, BRILLIANT!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 10:29:47 PM »
got beer, going later to get hot chocolate, only a few mugs in the house, the rest are in storage, but we will try to find some coffee cups that won't melt.  Thought of coffee, but the coffee maker is also packed away :(

Too bad Starbucks doesn't deliver, how nice would that be, delivery at the storage place while the temperature is basically ZERO. :?

Hope you all dress warm tomorrow, bring gloves and something to cover your ears with.  I got the truck just now, it is frickin awesome.  I have never driven a truck that big before, now I want to go to Truck Driving School.  I think I can drive the MINI right inside it, and have room for the Honda, and the fridge, hehe.

Gragravar (Andrew...too many Andrews around here)...can you bring the fridge dolly?  If you happen to have it.  The fridge needs to go down a flight of stairs into the basement, but it is a straight shot down teh stairs.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 10:53:27 PM »
update....we will have some hot beverages, as well as coooooollllldddd beer.  I got some Modelo, Newcastle, Guiness, could not find John Smiths, but did get some flying dog for the local flavor.  That reminded me of the GTGs we used to have at Blake Street Tavern.  We need to do that again.

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 04:45:57 AM »
I'm not cold enough right now so i think i'll come down and help out tomorrow.

Just need to talk to Evan's gParents in the morning and find out if they're getting him from his mom's house or mine, so i probably won't be down there right at 9 but will hopefully see you guys shortly after that.

Jon, I'll give you a call in the morning and let you know what's going on.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 06:24:04 PM »
Got home from work about 10 minutes ago, called and left a message on your cell phone, call me if ya still need more help :)

Jonathan

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 11:43:43 PM »
Hey Jonathan.....got your message after you called, we were basically done at that point.  By the time you would have made it down here, we were at my sisters picking up a few things Betsy and I needed.

I appreciate the fact that you wanted to come down, but everyone here busted such MAJOR ASS in helping us get moved, and it was a ton of shit, a TON of stuff everywhere.  Everyone was a well oiled machine.

I owe each and every one of you that helped big time.  Hopefully within the next month, I will have the garage all sorted, cabinets installed, and have found all my tools...then I will be open to help everyone once again.  I miss helping everyone out on their cars, so make your lists, and for those willing to drive down this way, I will always be willing to lend a hand once more!!!

Again, huge thanks to everyone, you have no idea how much your help meant to both Betsy and I.  It has been a stressful 4 months waiting for this day, and now we have the rest of our lives to unpack.  I just told Betsy I plan on growing old here and I am gonna die here and she can burry me in the back yard with the huge life insurance policy she now has on me, hehe.

:D