Author Topic: Audi/subaru cross breeding  (Read 1481 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Audi/subaru cross breeding
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:39:52 PM »
So I am surprised this didn't happen around this forum first given the Subaru and Audi folks both hanging out here.

Oh well, the allroad board got to it first.  Ever thought of using Subaru WRX rear drop links on the front end of your audi with H-sport bars?

read more here:

http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/140572.phtml
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Audi/subaru cross breeding
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:49:05 AM »
Interesting.  The only issue is...Perrin is not the greatest.  They are huge, no doubt about it, but their open bearing bushings get full of grime and small rocks, causing them to fail pre-maturely.  I had them on my outback, (which I just sold, hehe), and they failed in 3 months...so did the AVO end links from Japan...I had gone back to stock ones.  Hopefully they have good luck with them and don't end up with the clunking issues associated with Perrin products.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:49:05 AM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 01:14:02 AM »
Quote from: 03Indigo";p="40670
my outback, (which I just sold, hehe)

Wait!   8O  What?  

Stop, back up, I expect a whole new thread with this story!  Wow, already?  You won the Lotto and you are picking up that Bugatti?  whats the deal.

Oh, and interesting comments on the parts.  Ed is in the midwest, he'll be exposed to some grime, so we'll see how it goes.

now, where is this thread about your car?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 02:54:02 AM »
I am guessinf he meant he got rid of the suspension setup he had? Maybe he did get rid of the Subie?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 03:01:56 AM »
hehe.... :lol:   yeah, sold the Scoobie today, and picked up something with NAV, better fuel economy, new styling, and more reliability than one could ask for.  

I will start a new thread, so as not to totally bogart this one. :wink: