Author Topic: Mirrors and electronics  (Read 1234 times)

bodaddy

• Stock
    • http://
Mirrors and electronics
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »
Hey guys, what is up?  Love the snow huh?  OK here is the reason for the post.  With the snow coming and my leaving to go back down to New Orleans next week I was checking out some things to make sure the car was running well.  Long of the short is, my fuses for the heated mirror and cruise control have nothing to go into.  There is a space for them, but nothing there.  Just like it is a blank fuse outlet.  I have the hardware for cruise and I guess I have heated mirrors.  Anyone ever hear of this?  I have a 99 Passat Variant.
Hey thanks for the replies all!
Shawn
 wish the real world would just stop hassling me.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: Mirrors and electronics
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 03:38:20 PM »
So there's no fuse? Or just connection from the fuse slot to the rest of the car?
As far as I knew, all Passat models have heated mirrors...standard issue, cruise was an option on the GL's I think though.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 03:38:20 PM »

bodaddy

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:22:07 PM »
As far as I can tell there is no connection.  I am not the best electronics type of guy.  There is a spot for them.  I think it is like number 7 and 9.  Nothing in those slots though.  Can you take the fuse box out?  I would love to at least get the CC working, I am driving to New Orleans Thursday.

Thanks,
Shawn

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 05:34:15 PM »
Quote from: "bodaddy";p="42033"
As far as I can tell there is no connection.  I am not the best electronics type of guy.  There is a spot for them.  I think it is like number 7 and 9.  Nothing in those slots though.  Can you take the fuse box out?  I would love to at least get the CC working, I am driving to New Orleans Thursday.

Thanks,
Shawn

Mmm...that would be a tough one that I'm not sure about because you'd actually have to have the control module or whatever they call it installed. If the car didn't come with it, then I seriously doubt they would have installed CC and then not bothered to wire up the fuse. They would have no installed anything at all.

I had a couple slots on mine where I could have had something had the car came with it, but didn't and wiring up the fuse itself would have done nothing.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 08:42:40 PM »
Both heated mirrors and cruise control are standard features for your 99. Not sure what to tell you if there is nothing connected to the fuse position.

bodaddy

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 05:20:27 PM »
Well that just sucks.  I guess I will have to take it somewhere and have it checked out as to why.  I would love to at least have the CC working before I leave Thursday.  Thanks guys.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
Quote from: "shummer";p="42062"
Both heated mirrors and cruise control are standard features for your 99. Not sure what to tell you if there is nothing connected to the fuse position.

Thanks for the clarification...Bo, take the car to Randy...he'll get you figured out ;)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner