Author Topic: New Goodies on the GTI  (Read 1405 times)

KevB

• Lightly Modded
New Goodies on the GTI
« on: February 18, 2006, 10:38:09 PM »
As I posted before I was looking at getting KYB shocks/struts and eibach springs, well in the middle of that Jack stepped up and hooked me up on a killer dealer on some Eibach coilovers.  

Long story short, aside from an upper front strut bar my suspension is complete.  It is as follows:
Eibach Pro-Street coilovers
Neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar
Autotech lower front tie bar
Eurosport reat tie bar

Due to all of these parts being purchased used I now have $1,500 in suspension upgrades, not including install costs, for about $800 installed.

Big thanks to Randy for shop use and labor, Jack for help on the install, parts off his GTI, and finding me the deal on the coilovers, and Jack's friend Micheal for helping on the install and selling me the coilovers for so cheap.

Kev
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Re: New Goodies on the GTI
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:44:08 PM »
Sweet... We'll have to adjust the fronts, maybe rears too sometime.   Too bad you have the snow tires on.   You notice a big difference with the handling of the car?
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:44:08 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »
Sounds like a great setup!  I agree, it will look great with the summer wheels and lowered a bit.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

KevB

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:58:18 AM »
The rear sat lower than the front, so Randy helped me bring it up a bit.  It's all level now.  Since we didn't measure before taking off the stock suspension I don't know haw low it is, but it's defintiely lower than stock.

It's definitely stiffer, but I'll have to wait till I get 17's back on the car before I can really get a feel for the suspension.  

Kev
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »
Snow tires suck....  This cold needs to go away. :x
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood