Author Topic: S-AFC? or other options  (Read 1397 times)

G-Money

• Stock
S-AFC? or other options
« on: February 19, 2006, 04:28:20 PM »
I am looking for some type of controler that works with VW's that I can control my air/fuel ratios with. All of the info. that I find for a s-afc is for non-German cars. Was wondering if anyone knows of one that works with VW's or does anyone know of another set up that I need to do.
Thanks

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: S-AFC? or other options
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 07:28:34 PM »
Splicing in the S-afc is the hard part. Once it is installed it is realy easy to operate.

What are you trying to do? Please provide us more details.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 07:28:34 PM »

G-Money

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:55:15 AM »
I am trying to get the mixtures a little more balanced all through out the rpm range. I think that I am running a little lean and need to richen it up. I also know that you can have different settings with s-act II, one for daily dirving and one for track or "fun" mode. I also know that i probably need to get a wideband o2 sensor so i can get everything that much better tuned, but those are kind of expensive. So would you recomend having it tuned by a dyno shop or having it self tuned? I mostly wanted to know if the s-afc would work on VW's, casue on their websites they dont mention anything about VW's.
Thanks

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 12:08:52 PM »
they only list the cars they have actually installed them on and know they work on. The S-AFC is a temporary solution and in my past experice with motronic (not sure if this applies to your model) the ecu's adapt over time and will end up re-compensating for the setting you applied via the s-afc.  It ends up being a waste of time and money. If there is no off the shelf software avaliable i would look towards Unitronic, SDS, 034 Motorsports, or something along those lines. But see if there is any off the shelf software first. Then look at a standalone ecu and alot of hours of Dyno time.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 01:23:50 PM »
PM Rusty about it over at passatworld.com. He's got the goods on those. He's also one of the smartest Passat self-tuners I know :wink:

All that, you can do with a Vag-Com and adjustable FPR. Self-tuned is fun if you have can think and don't mind doing alot of testing...that was the way mine was, but it was ALOT of maintenance.

In retrospect, I'd go with a chip and let a shop do it...tune and forget  :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner