Author Topic: Gallery Update Coming  (Read 1629 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Gallery Update Coming
« on: February 21, 2006, 08:06:48 PM »
Not sure when exactly, will keep you all posted, but there is (and has been for some months) an updated verison of Gallery called Gallery2. I have beenw aiting to move over to it until the integration into Nuke was handles better.

Looks like in the near future most of the prominent bugs with the integration should be solved and we should be able to upgrade to it.

When we do I would expect our gallery to be down anywhere from one day to a week or more depending on issues and time contraints. The original verison of Gallery which we use is great, I use it on other sites and I know some folks here use it on their sites. However it's design runs it's course once you are hosting more than a certain number of images and after that it is just cumbersome and error prone.

The new verison is database driven and offer a lot more options and control. While this upgrade is being done I don't plan to lose anyone's photos or albums, but there is always that possibility. I will work on getting a backup done leading up to that point, but I highly recommend everyone to make a backup of their own albums if there is anything they don't want to lose.

In the end the new Gallery should be better for us to use and manage. Sorry for the long post, but I know sometimes people want to know why certain things are done to the site when things are working okay.  As for the getting banned when highlighting images, I have no idea if that will be resolved with this upgrade. Now that I am feeling better I will continue to pursue a solution for that problem.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: Gallery Update Coming
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
jay - do you need us to contribute some $$ to keep this stuff going?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:35 PM »
Not right now, really the best way to contribute is to use our advertisers. They are the ones covering our costs for the time being as long as they keep advertising we should be in good shape. I know you feed Randy so thank you!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="42162"
Not right now, really the best way to contribute is to use our advertisers. They are the ones covering our costs for the time being as long as they keep advertising we should be in good shape. I know you feed Randy so thank you!

I also try to feed Nick. But since he eats better than me it is tougher.

So i guess we should say thanks to Randy and Nick for supporting us!!

Randy -  I got $2k with your name writtain on it. I will swing by next week and give ya some $$.