Author Topic: Rusty is a damn good guy!  (Read 2031 times)

RobD

• Modded
Rusty is a damn good guy!
« on: October 29, 2003, 04:56:08 AM »
I'm in Alb NM on business so i sent a PM to Rusty to see if I could buy him a beer.  He responds that he has some free time at the house and invites me over for dinner.  Rusty whipped up a kick butt spaghetti dinner with salads and Dieadra(sp?) came home from work with 3 pints of Ben and Jerrys.  Talk about hospitality!!!!  I only met Rusty and Dieadra at Chas's for the CGTG saturday edition yet this guy opens his house up to me.  I got a chance to hear and smell the catalytic seperation.  The sound is similar to the coffee can rice exhaust.  Overall just a great way to spend my evening in Albuquerque.

THANKS RUSTY!

Kenny Payne

• n00balicious
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 08:59:40 PM »
I agree. Rusty is good people. I hope I have a chance to eat spaghetti with him sometime.  I had a similiar experience some time ago with Steve Dias (SteveD).  I was in the St. Louis area and he and his wife invited me to their home and made me dinner. It was really cool.

Anyway, Rusty. :thumbup:
enny Payne
99 Wett/MTM Stage 2
92 Corrado SLC
86 944 Turbo Scary Fast

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 08:59:40 PM »

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 10:36:57 PM »
Kenny,
Good to see you on the boards! Not sure if you remember me but on CB5 I go by MtnVariant.  We chatted for a while at Boris's old house during the 2002 National GTG. Now I'm sporting a B5.5 1.8t tip sedan.  Just came out of the shop for some warranty work.  

Rusty and Diedra (sp?) are both great people.  When in NM look 'em up!

Rob

Kenny Payne

• n00balicious
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 10:53:40 AM »
Sure I remember you Rob. Didn't you buy a Eurovan at one point?
enny Payne
99 Wett/MTM Stage 2
92 Corrado SLC
86 944 Turbo Scary Fast

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 10:59:30 AM »
Yeah we sure did.  So we are two VW family now.  Twice the fun and twice the problems!  But overall it is more fun than problems.

We just got back from driving the van back to Ohio for turkey day.  1200+ miles each way straight through.  With kids about 21-22 hrs each way with about 18 hrs actual drive time.  

I hope to see you out this way sometime this Summer.  Take care.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 06:18:30 PM »
So I stumble into the "Off-Topic" forum and I see "Rusty is a damn good guy!" 8O  :lol:

Cool, Rob, I'm glad you had such a good time.  We sure enjoyed it.  And yeah, for sure Kenny, if you're ever in the area, drop in!

Hey, what's this "Newbie" stuff?!?!  Don't we get transfer credits from CB5?!? LOL!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 09:02:34 PM »
Hey Rusty and Kenny in the same thread!  Now that is some action for ya!

Kenny, how is married life treating you?  FYI, Rusty is also trying to get a track day set up down in NM sometime next spring, so we should all consider caravaning down there, since it is only about 8 hours away tops!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.