Author Topic: Check this shit out!!! :ANGER SMILEY:  (Read 1551 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Check this shit out!!! :ANGER SMILEY:
« on: March 09, 2006, 06:30:21 AM »
So I have a super hard test today... from 7pm-8:30... it was nuts hard.  So afterward I go over to Crystal's apartment where she made a lovely BLT and salad dinner.   We snuggled on the couch and watched CSI, extreme engineering and Myth busters....  IT was time for me to go home.  So I headed home.  I was doing 65mph (to my knowledge) and went by a cop on C-470.  He was only doing something like 40 or 50... it was wet, but not slippery.   So he tails me for a while... I continue doing 65.  I take my exit, morrison.. and he then darts into my lane (he was in the middle lane) and then puts his lights on.  I'm like, WTF?

He asked why I was in a hurry.  I told him I wasn't, just tired and wanted to get home.  So he trys to tell me I was driving too fast for the conditions.  blah, blah, checks license.   Tells me he is only going to give me a warning and then asks "Is there a reason you aren't wearing your seat belt?".  I look at him in absolute disbelief.  I grab the seatbelt between my thumb and index finger with my left hand and pull it away from my chest with an yo-yo montion to show him I am wearing my seatbelt.  "oh, i couldn't see it".   At this point I was getting annoyed, but not showing my impatience with his level of intelligence.  He asks me to get out of the car so he can show me something... he insists one showing me the road has ice on it... well duh, we're on the side of the road... and I was wearing my piloti's too, which are super slippery in these conditions.  I finally got to leave after about 15minutes.  It is just so annoying because I showed no lack of control driving, he said he clocked me at 66mph (8O) and he wasted my time.  It wouldn't have bothered me that much if he didn't take so long and the whole seatbelt thing.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

copassatguy

• Stock
Re: Check this shit out!!! :ANGER SMILEY:
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 12:27:36 PM »
I love it when they try to bust you on something and can't! Sorry about the hassle but at least you didn't get a ticket.
wo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 12:27:36 PM »

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »
That suks...I'm guessing he was acting on a hunch that you were under the influence, or maybe he was just bored?  :roll:  Glad it didn't cost you any $$$ or points on your license at least.
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 02:14:30 PM »
Sounds like a fishing trip to me. That shiz bugs the hell out of me.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
certainly annoying, glad you didn't get a ticket.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 03:21:23 PM »
Yeah, don't know what his deal was... but it was really funny because he looked so much like George McFly.... even had the same haircut style and all.  He was nice, so i can't be all the mean, just really annoying... it was already midnight and I was super tired from being up since 6:30am and having a test and studying all day

copassatguy

• Stock
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 09:39:37 PM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="43087"
Yeah, don't know what his deal was... but it was really funny because he looked so much like George McFly.... even had the same haircut style and all.  He was nice, so i can't be all the mean, just really annoying... it was already midnight and I was super tired from being up since 6:30am and having a test and studying all day

You should of knocked on his head and said "Hello McFly"!! It'd be worth getting a ticket for that... but you might get assault charges.
wo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 10:56:20 PM »
That would have been hilarious, but the consequences would have not been worth it.

jamathe

• Stock
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 11:32:37 PM »
yeah my first thought after reading this was "cops are scum".  But then I thought about it and maybe he really was taking a personal interest in your safety and decided to pull you over.  Maybe he did care.  But we're not used to being bugged by anyone in our lives so I would have been really annoyed too.  Just my 1 cent.   :)
im
2004 Jetta GLI

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »
When he made you step on the ice you should have said "cool, ice ralley time" and asked him if he wanted to join you in some spirited driving.

That kind of does suck but like jamathe said, maybe he was just looking out for ya. Who knows.
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.