Author Topic: Looking at getting these. What do you guys think?  (Read 1763 times)

Nickle

• n00balicious
Looking at getting these. What do you guys think?
« on: March 08, 2006, 10:49:52 PM »
There's a guy on Audiworld selling a set of these:
http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/sus_stasis_b5a4.html#Track

Here is his ad:
Very good condition, used Stasis Tracksport coilovers for B5 S4 (2000-2002) and B5 A4 (1996-2001) with 600/700 lb springs. Front dampers have @4000 miles on them; rears have higher miles but were just dyno tested by Stasis. Asking $1250 shipped or best offer.

Also includes: full front assembly (modified stock bump stops to fit Stasis springs, stock spring perches and bushings - @$80 value); Stasis rear upper spring perches; Stasis front damper adjustment tool (@$40 new); and extra front touring valved damper for rebuild.

What do you think?  I'm not familiar with spring rates, so I called STaSIS and asked them what they recommend for a '00 A4 1.8T Quattro man.  Without knowing that I am looking for a used set, they said 600/700.  Would you guys agree with this?  He's sending me pics of what all is included.  Do you guys have any advice?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Re: Looking at getting these. What do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:14:13 PM »
Great product if you want something stiff.  I think most would consider this too stiff for a street car, unless you're really into a firm ride.  I'd suggest finding someone around here with similar spring rates and going for a ride.  Unfortunately I can't think of anyone that runs springs that stiff locally.  Maybe ask DUBITUP.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:14:13 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 01:13:25 AM »
STaSIS makes great stuff.  Those spring rates are quite stiff, so keep that in mind.

BTW the instal on that suspension requires you to cut holes in the car, to allow for damper adjustment.  Nothing mojor, but something to consider.

HTH - Randy
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »
wow those would be stiff. be nice for a track car.  My car is heavier and i am only running ~450lb-ish springs on my streetsport setup. The ride is nice on these and handles pretty well with a rear sway bar. I can only imagine what the 600/700lb springs would be like, especially on  lighter car.

Nickle

• n00balicious
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 01:17:10 PM »
Thank you for the insite.  STaSIS sells springs for this setup at $75 per spring.  That seems like a reasonable backup plan incase I really hate these.

Speedy

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
Keep in mind, Stasis is definetly more track oriented than other kits.  I believe they also revalve their shocks to match the springs so even though its stiff, it should also have a fair ride.