Author Topic: New shoes  (Read 1558 times)

TurboDub

• Modded
New shoes
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:53:57 AM »
Got these mounted up today! I know it will probably snow like 18 inches next week, but I couldn't hold out any longer! :D

The pictures are crappy, and the car is dirty, but it's the best I could do with the amount of daylight I had left...

The wheels may look strangely familiar to some of you :wink: I am super happy with how they look! Thanks Jon!!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: New shoes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 03:15:38 AM »
The hotness ;)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 03:15:38 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 03:59:41 AM »
Al, those look great on your car.  What tires did you end up with?

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »
Thanks guys!

I went with 225/40/18 Kuhmo ASX's (all season extremes) They were ridiculous cheap, and were rated pretty well (above the Conti Extreme's but below the Pzero Nero's) so I'm gonna give them a try. I probably should have just got 3 season tires, but with the crazy weather out here I figured all-seasons would be a safe trade off.

BTW I just found out that these wheels...no matter where you stand, or what angle you hold the hose at...will bounce the bulk of the water stream directly back at my face! Fun stuff!! :lol: uhh you coulda warned me about that... :lol:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 02:44:44 PM »
those rota's are so nice. great combo of looks, light weight and strong. Nice choice, and greta deal from Jon.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:51:30 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub";p="43931"

BTW I just found out that these wheels...no matter where you stand, or what angle you hold the hose at...will bounce the bulk of the water stream directly back at my face! Fun stuff!! :lol: uhh you coulda warned me about that... :lol:

LOL :wink:

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »
Those are awesome - looks great Al!

(I put my 18s on today too - so yeah, it'll be snowing three feet in the next 48 hours for sure...)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 11:44:30 PM »
First of all, I have been itching to put my summers on for about the whole winter season, in all seriousness though probably next week!  WOOHOO!  Those wheels are soopa nice!  The old ones did not look bad either.  ;)  Sweet.
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 03:52:00 AM »
Thanks for the compliments! I am lovin the new setup!

So I couldn't help myself...I went for a drive to take some more (better?) pics. When I got there I dicovered (or remembered?) that my camera's batteries were almost dead. Luckily, I had 2 sets of rechargeable back-ups...which were also dead!  :x So I got 6 pictures total... :roll:

I also dropped in the AVO air filter and removed the intake silencer before hitting the road. My old filter was pretty damn dirty for only 12k miles! The car now sounds kinda like someone hooked a tuba up to a vacuum cleaner from 2k to 3k rpms.  8O  :lol: I like it so far, but it may get old pretty soon...

When I got back I mounted up my new RMCB5.com stickers! They came out awesome! ...one thing though, I'm not sure if I should leave the german colors on or not??? hehe Maybe a white field with a red circle would be more appropriate???  :lol:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT