Author Topic: I need some serious cheering up...  (Read 5098 times)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I need some serious cheering up...
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:08:46 PM »
So Iím feeling pretty crappy today, my girlfriend and I had been having problems the last couple of weeks, she said that she wanted some time to her self and she didnít want to see anyone for a while. So I was like cool no problem. That was four weeks ago, so she had been stringing me along, not returning my callís kinda thing, but assured me that she wasnít seeing anyone. So she calls asking if I could drop some stuff of hers by her house. So when I get their this dude answers the door talking about how I need to stop calling ďhis womanĒ and how he is going to beat my ass and what ever else. So I threw the shit I brought in his face, turned around and left. We were together a year and 3 months. :(

I just donít understand how some people can be so cold and heartless. All she had to say was I met someone else and its over. Iím so sick of being a nice guy when it comes to women. But I cant be anyone else but that guy..

If anyone has any wisdom, advice or anythingÖ Chinese proverb, joke anything to cheer me up a little, its much appreciated.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

s4josh

• Modded
Re: I need some serious cheering up...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »
Well look at it this way at least you found out she was like this before you got married and/or had a child together!!!
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 08:15:35 PM »
Quote from: "Colorado_Baja";p="44009"
Chinese proverb

Confucious say: He who stand on toilet high on pot.

Sorry to hear, man.  People can be real jerky sometimes.  I know it doesn't help, but time will.  Everything does happen for a reason.  Better now than after 5 years of marriage and 2 kids.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 08:16:57 PM »
Quote from: "ianacole";p="44011"
Better now than after 5 years of marriage and 2 kids.

jinx!
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 08:25:11 PM »
That sucks Greg. I mean really, all a person has to do when it's over is say it's over. Honesty hurts temporarily, a lie takes longer. Especially since you had considerable time invested.
But as others have said, better now than later.

Time for you to go and tip a couple wobbly pops my friend!
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »
Quote from: "s4josh";p="44013"
jinx!

What's that...great minds think alike?!

:lol:

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »
Well Greg, it's different for evryone, and it's never fun to be walked all over.

I don't want to dig into the history of your relationship, but in my experiences, be they back in the land before time, I always found that unless you were unwilling to commit to marriage a woman wanting to take a break was pretty typical of the end.

It's never easy and it's always hard until you meet the right one. It always sucks and you feel like crap when you are the nice guy.

I guess my only advice is that we all learn from our past experiences, or at least we should, because if we don't we will continue to make the same misstakes going forward. So this is a sad learning experience, but in your next relationship you will benefit from what you learned.

Time is really the key, and usually the best cureall is to do something with family and/or friends. keep your mind occupied with things that make you happy and move on. Don't wallow in how you were treated.

Lastly, do something for you in the interim, a little change to make you feel  good about you. Whether it is with one of your cars, you home, or your activites.

Oh and to top it off....

There's this three legged dog...he walks into a bar, pulls out his six shooters and says....I'm lookin for the man who shot ma pa(w).

A horse walked into a bar, the bartender said why the long face?

Two guys walk into a buy, the funny thing is the second one should have seen it coming.

A ham and cheese sandwich walks into a bar and the bartender yells We don't serve food here!

A string walks into a bar and the bartender says, we don't serve strings here, you need ot leave, the string goes outside and flops around on the ground. Walks back into the bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, Hey, aren't you that string i kicked out of here a minute ago, the String replies, nope, I'm a frayed knot.

A guy goes into a bar with his pet monkey, sits down to order a beer and the monkey hops up on the bar. The bartender says, It's not very busy, why don't you let the little guy run around. So the patron releases the monkey who then hops off the bar, onto the pool table, picks up a que ball and swallows it. The bartender is like, OMG, is he going to be okay! The patron says yeah, apologizes to the bartender and leaves.  

A few days later the guy comes back with the moonkey and a shiney que ball. He sits back at the bar, the monkey hops back up and he orders a beer. The bartender looks at him and looks around then says, that little guy sure learned his lesson, go ahead and let him loose if you want. So the patron releases hte monkey, who then heads over to a bowl of grapes, picks one up, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out and eats it. The bartender is like OMG that is the nastiest thing I have ever seen, why did he do that! The patron replies, well he wants to make sure it fits before he eats it.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 08:36:37 PM »
Sorry she was so heartless to not tell you the truth all along.

Like it is said above...better now than down the road, married, and maybe kids.  Divorce is a BAD thing, and it can be costly.  Been there, done that, never wish it on anyone.

Do we need to have a burger beer night in your honor?

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo";p="44017"
Do we need to have a burger beer night in your honor?

The plan is hatched!
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »
Greg~
Sorry to hear it.  Like everyone's said, it sucks being lied to and deceived.  Don't know what else to say, other than it just makes those that you can count on that much more improtant in your life.  Don't take those you people for granted and find comfort in them.
I think Jon had a great idea.  It's been too long since we've seen you.
Burger/Beer for Greg!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 08:46:47 PM »
Do I hear burger beer night next Tuesday night?  or tomorrow night?

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 08:52:11 PM »
Damn that is harsh! But it's definitely better to find out sooner rather than later. The dude she found sounds like an asshat anyway. Just remember what goes around comes around, so she will find herself hurting just like you one day...

I'd say to lay low for a bit, take some time for yourself. Go for a drive and enjoy the freedom. Then make a commitment to strike up conversations with the next few hotties you run into...even if you are normally a little shy- just go for it. Chances are you'll hit it off with at least a few...spring is in the air and there are plenty of girls out there. Think of all the new sundresses and miniskirts that are being purchased for your enjoyment as you read this!

You'll be surprised at how fast you'll feel better!

If not there is always T-bone Tuesdays at Shotguns! It's a temporary fix but effective nonetheless.  :twisted:  :lol:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 08:56:20 PM »
Thanks guys.. I knew you would make me feel better.

In retrospect I was foolish for trying to hold on to what we had. But you know how it is hind sight is 20/20.

I also feel foolish for ignoring the most important rule of women. A girl who cheats once will always cheat again.

About nine months in I learned from a mutual friend that she had cheated on a previous boy friend. I should have opted out then..

You guys are the best. Theirs nothing like true friends to put things in perspective for you.

Fugazi

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 08:59:14 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub";p="44023"

If not there is always T-bone Tuesdays at Shotguns! It's a temporary fix but effective nonetheless.  :twisted:  :lol:

LOL :D I havent been to a real strip club since I turned 21, just the crappy ones we have down here in springs.

Greg

Fugazi

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
Hey man, I didn't appreciate you throwing that crap in my face today! I also don't appreciate you calling my woman. I'm gonna beat your...I kid, I kid.

Just wanted to let you know the MTB equipment you sold me last year is working out great. I found out pretty quickly that I needed to upgrade to v-brakes and get a new headset. I ended up dropping another $100 (more than my bike is worth) just to get my bike rideable again. But those forks are comfy...what bumps? Hardtail all the way.

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »
yep, I'm sure they'll be very happy together, keep an eye out for them on COPS.  He'll be the shirtless one hitting his head against the cop car window.

I've learned some people aren't happy in a good relationship, so they cheat or otherwise screw it up so they have a good reason to be miserable.  Seriously.  I don't know why some people are like that, and I'm not sure how to change them.  I wish those poor people good luck and have nothing more to do with them.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 09:19:21 PM »
Quote from: "jfrahm";p="44027"
and have nothing more to do with them.

Word.
Im also thankfull for the no child/spouse support thing as was mentioned above. Time to move on.

Greg

Fugazi

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »
Quote from: "Colorado_Baja";p="44025"
Quote from: "TurboDub";p="44023"

If not there is always T-bone Tuesdays at Shotguns! It's a temporary fix but effective nonetheless. †:twisted: †:lol:

LOL :D I havent been to a real strip club since I turned 21, just the crappy ones we have down here in springs.

Greg

Oh man! You havne't been to a strip club till you've been to the one in Grand Junction! Dude... particle board painted black for decoration... the one gilr had a good size tummy, stretch marks and a fairly fresh C Section scar. I think I bolstered their beer sales a lot that night! There wasn't enough to drink her pretty and the beer goggles were NFG!
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 10:10:40 PM »
Quote from: "givebloodplayhockey";p="44030"

Oh man! You havne't been to a strip club till you've been to the one in Grand Junction! Dude... particle board painted black for decoration... the one gilr had a good size tummy, stretch marks and a fairly fresh C Section scar. I think I bolstered their beer sales a lot that night! There wasn't enough to drink her pretty and the beer goggles were NFG!

Wow. that sounds pretty bad. I thought TNT's here in the springs was bad, lots of not so hot strippers.. :lol:

Fugazi

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 10:13:06 PM »
Im def down for burgers and beers. I could make it up Wed, thurs or fri this week or next week im back in school so monday or friday.

So what day and whos comin? :twisted: 8)

Fugazi

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 11:02:21 PM »
Quote from: "Colorado_Baja";p="44032"
Im def down for burgers and beers. I could make it up Wed, thurs or fri this week or next week im back in school so monday or friday.

So what day and whos comin? :twisted: 8)

Well, let's all figure out a good day and we'll go from there. I'm good anyday but Friday.
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 11:36:18 PM »
Of all the days mentioned so far, I can only do Monday.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 12:33:40 AM »
break ups suck, sorry to hear about it.  hopefully things will turn around quickly for you.

as for burgers, you all decide on a day and I'll see if I can make it.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 03:23:31 AM »
I'd most likely be IN!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 03:33:19 AM »
Yo Greg, just pick a date that works for you and I will do my best to be there. Haven't seen you in awhile so it would be fun.

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »
Same here, now that the Porsche is sold and the house is basically packed my schedule is a lot more flexible.

Name it!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 03:06:06 PM »
So the Porsche did leave yesterday?  :cry: but  :D

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 03:16:47 PM »
Yup, cash in hand (well in the bank now) and I drove past it this morning and it was gone so he must have picked it up last night.

It's okay though, I'm just having a bit of option anxiety about what the next project is going to be. After a series of all Original and OEM+ cars, I'm thinking something a lot more obnoxious...
Andrew

2003 GTI
1992 GTI

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 03:20:09 PM »
Quote from: "34k";p="44045"
After a series of all Original and OEM+ cars, I'm thinking something a lot more obnoxious...

VW Trike? :lol:

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »
LOL  :lol:
Andrew

2003 GTI
1992 GTI