Author Topic: Apex Autobody - Here i come.  (Read 3693 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Apex Autobody - Here i come.
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »
Well i made the appointment today to bring in the car next monday to get my lower trim painted, my S4 lower door flares painted and my ABt lower lips painted. Hopefully you guys are right with the recomendation to Randy over at Apex. He seems pretty cool, but they definitly are not cheap. They were about $250 less than SVE, but they are alot more convient than SVE.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Re: Apex Autobody - Here i come.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:10:08 PM »
yah!!!  Can't wait to see the pics!
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:10:08 PM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:49:03 PM »
it should only be there for a 3-4 days, then i will go visit randy for brakes. by then it should be time to put the summer wheels on. So i will take some pics at that point. :)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 12:40:47 AM »
I'll tell you one thing with APEX... don't take their time quotes too seriously... I don't think I have heard of anyone getting their car on time... they don't take for ever, but do take a little longer than they quote.

I really like them...  quality of work and if they do screw up, they fix it.  

When my sideskirt was coming off because SVE didn't prep the surface right, APEX fixed it for free.. while SVE claimed it wasn't their fault.  Dave (apex) showed me why it came off... it was lack of pride in work.  :(
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:54:31 AM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="44171"
I'll tell you one thing with APEX... don't take their time quotes too seriously... I don't think I have heard of anyone getting their car on time... they don't take for ever, but do take a little longer than they quote.

:(

jack - So can i plan it taking more time and costing more? Or is the $$ quote pretty accurate?

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:27:07 AM »
$$ doesn't change... just time.  Like if they said 3-4days, I would expect about 7 days to get it done.  (they usually work saturdays to get the work done).

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="44176"
$$ doesn't change... just time.  Like if they said 3-4days, I would expect about 7 days to get it done.  (they usually work saturdays to get the work done).

are you joking? I will have to call randy and talk to him and reinforce the fact that this is the only car i have, and i need it back in the designated time frames.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 01:49:14 PM »
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing the car.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 01:47:38 AM »
Quote from: "Eric18T";p="44181"

are you joking? I will have to call randy and talk to him and reinforce the fact that this is the only car i have, and i need it back in the designated time frames.

You might want to just give them a chance.  If you have supplied all the necessary parts and all, they will probably be done on time.  It is when they have to order parts, etc that it can take longer.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 01:39:53 PM »
Jack - you were right. I just talked to Randy and he is going to need an extra day or two.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 12:10:46 AM »
Eric.   They aren't the quickest... but they really do good work.  Hopefully it isn't too long of a wait.

I will, and do, take any body work to them... but quality can't be rushed.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 12:36:15 AM »
i don't want then to rush. Luckily my father is able to bring me to work, which helps for now. I am hoping it will be ready tommarow.

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »
Is it done yet is it done yet... can i see, i wanna seeeeeee!!!! :poke: LOL I know, hopefully today.

Can't wait to see it Eric. That is going to look soooo nice. Your car is Dolphin Grey right? I remember seeing it over at Jon's house when we were helping him pack up the truck for the move to storage.
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »
hopefully today they will be done. Then i just need to get my brakes installed and i will be done for 2006. no more money left. :(

givebloodplayhockey

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 11:06:21 AM »
Quote from: "Eric18T";p="44505"
no more money left. :(

Man, don't I know that! I really wanted to do a body kit this year but I don't think it's in the cards. Taking a vacation instead :-(
003 GTI VR6, Heavy mods.
2006 B6 2.0T, APR, soon with new booties, coil-overs and Votex body kit
OLD SCHOOL, '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 with M22 Muncie. All stock, mods not required ;-)
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - now my dogs SUV.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 02:34:20 PM »
jack- i am gonna kick your ass next time i see you. :LOL:

You were RIGHT, APEX just called me and they are going to need more time and it looks like it is going to cost more money. Apparently they now need to modify the bumper support or something some how. he is going to take a picture for me.

Right now i am wishing i just took it up to SVE because this is now going to be more expensive than SVE quoted me. :cry: I sure hope APEX's quality is as good as i am hearing.

I guess i have been truly spoiled by Autobahn and everything is timly and done perfect.  No questions asked.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »
well still no car. They called earlier and said it would be good to go and should be done today and to come by tonight. I just called back to confirm a couple minutes ago and make sure and well, it is not done and they are having trouble with it and it might be another day or so...

This is the last time i try something like this... And to think i was going to bring in my wifes car to get the front end resprayed next month..

Randy and Mark, OPEN a DAMN Body shop ASAP. Hire someone that does good work and offer fair prices and i am sure you will be busy.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 01:19:05 AM »
cost more money?   that doesn't sound like Apex.  They usually take a little longer than they quote, but it is rare they have to charge more.  What was the reason?

Sorry to hear the bad news, but you know SVE woudl have probably had the same issue... and had to charge you more too.

While body work is cool, I hate having to deal with it.  PITA.  Even when you supply all the parts and all... still a PITA.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 10:51:56 AM »
jack -  he is going to rework the numbers. apparently they had some trouble painted the lower panels or something.  I guess we will find out today. Randy seems really cool and good to work with, i just hope his techs are as good as he makes them out to be. We shall see later today (hopefully).

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 01:02:16 PM »
Man, that sucks. I wanna see I wanna see! I think when you get your car back, we have a GTG burger/beer night in honor :D  
I know when I had the Jetta at SVE they got the work done when the quoted...in fact, it was done that morning. I don't think paint match was as exact as I wanted on the lip, but I think that's more due to texture than anything else.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 10:36:55 PM »
I'm  up for a burger/beer GTG when eric gets his car.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 01:12:18 AM »
car is back in the garage. i give it a 7.5 out of 10. I think i am just picky.  :wink: