Author Topic: My mod budget has been squashed for 2006!  (Read 3059 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
My mod budget has been squashed for 2006!
« on: April 04, 2006, 03:43:34 PM »
So I am just about done with the few things I can scrape together for this year. My hopes of springs, shocks, wheels and tires are all but a dream for 2007 now. why didn't anyone warn me home ownership was so costly!

The last few things I am completing are getting the windows tinted (Sunday at 9am) and some smoked signals for my mirrors. I have my clear corner markers sitting in boxes at home waiting for install. I will probably wait until I get the smoked ones for the mirrors and do them all at once.

My car will look pretty, but that's about it. I am really dissappointed, but at the same time, the mods I really want can wait. Plus I can start putting money aside now so that this doesn't happen to me next year and I can make sure I get everything I want and have it all done at once.

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: My mod budget has been squashed for 2006!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »
don't worry about it Jay.  the car will look pretty good and the mod budget will be back if you start putting the $ aside for it.

Besides you could be like me and constantly have your wife taking that mod budget and assigning it to other items.

:roll:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 03:54:09 PM »
House mods are good too. Sometimes they just don't seem quite as gratifying though.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:57:21 PM »
Yes, start putting money aside. At least you know. My modding is all up in the air, there's things I want for the truck and the car...save and then get what you want when you want.
Houses are very expensive. I'm getting carpet installed in a couple weeks and with the railings and open stairs and loft, it's spendy.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
Yeah, and I have a few things I need to do to the Scout, so I have some buffer on my mod budget, but not enough to have sompleted the big things so I went with the small things.

I have to get the scout painted this summer, as part of my agreement to attempt to keep it, so that is a little scratch I have saved up for the Passat already being allocated to that project. The rest, goes to the house.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:02:02 PM »
all my fundage goes to the house right now....hopefully I can spring for some new coilovers for the cooper, and new tires, by next summer.  But as of now, nothing much going to happen mod wise.....

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »
My mod money which is set aside generally ends up becoming maintenance money if I wait long enough, and knowing that makes me wary of spending anything on performance!  The advantages of having a new car...
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 12:08:03 AM »
nice jay.   I can't live without tint now.  I am so used to it.  

You think you'll come out on the RMCB5 cruise this year?
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:37:14 AM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="44494"

You think you'll come out on the RMCB5 cruise this year?

when is it?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 02:42:07 AM »
No plans yet, but we usually have at least one official drive with lots of individually planned ones in between.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 04:49:01 PM »
Do I need to start a Lay-A-Way program here at the shop?

You could tell me what you want.  we can work out a montly minumum payment, and once all the money is collected, we get you in for the work.

Example:  GIAC chip for S4/Allroad MSRP $595.00

You pay $100.00 a month for 6 months, then when the last payment is made, you come in and we flash the car. :D

It keeps big amounts of money off the radar of the "financial advisor AKA: wife" and you get what you want.  She will not ask too much about a series of small transactions, so you should be able to get away with it.

Just a thought.....
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 04:56:04 PM »
that is pretty funny randy.

What you really need is a APS credit card with good terms. That way we can all go into debt easily and make small payments each month. :)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »
I like  both ideas. I need HID's, full-airflow and suspension setup for the Jetta.
Wait, she may not notice the small payments, but she will notice the mods on the car.. :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 05:18:45 PM »
Just tell Tish you traded straight up with someone desparate to go back to stock because of lease termination. :lol:
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »
Come to the "Bank of Randy" for all your lay-away needs.

So, to make matters worse. We got the yard serated Tuesday. So on Tuesday evening I decided to fire up the sprinklers. Well, we found out that the f'n bonehead I paid to blow out and drian teh system, did the blowing out part, but didn;t properly drain the system inside. Inside pipe split open in two different spots and we had a minor flood in the basement.

Fortunately we were there since we were getting the system going so we caught it pretty quick.

So yesterday was spent with a plumber having our ceiling in the basement cut out in one big spot, and two sections of pipe replaced.  At least the sprinklers work. Now I just need to hire a contractor to do the drywal and texture matching.

If I could get a hold of that guy I would punch him one time for every dollar this is costing me.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled";p="44585"
Do I need to start a Lay-A-Way program here at the shop?

You could tell me what you want.  we can work out a montly minumum payment, and once all the money is collected, we get you in for the work.

Example:  GIAC chip for S4/Allroad MSRP $595.00

You pay $100.00 a month for 6 months, then when the last payment is made, you come in and we flash the car. :D

It keeps big amounts of money off the radar of the "financial advisor AKA: wife" and you get what you want.  She will not ask too much about a series of small transactions, so you should be able to get away with it.

Just a thought.....

I like the concept, but she'd notice the first time she drove the car.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 06:01:20 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="44592"
Now I just need to hire a contractor to do the drywal and texture matching.

I can get you the number of a very close friend of mine.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 06:59:45 PM »
Quote from: "ianacole";p="44591"
Just tell Tish you traded straight up with someone desparate to go back to stock because of lease termination. :lol:

Tisha's reply: "Why is there an identical makeup stain on the door then?"

Quote from: "gietl";p="44592"
If I could get a hold of that guy I would punch him one time for every dollar this is costing me.

Bank of Randy does that too.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

s4LEX

• Stock
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »
Try the infamous "Baby Mod" and then you can come crying to me about squashed car mod budgets. Heck, I'm almost glad that all of the local tracks are drying up since I can't afford much track time these days ;)