Author Topic: supply list for those attending the detail day next weekend.  (Read 2653 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
supply list for those attending the detail day next weekend.
« on: April 08, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »
I am sure most of you have everything you need but i thought i would start a supply list just incase someone forgets something or is unsure.

To do a complete detail you will need (please add to the list if i missed something):

- clay bar and clay lubricant. 1 bar will last you a while. I have used the same bar for 2 years.

-swirl remover/reducer. Depending on how bad your swirls are you will potentially need a medium cut then a fine cut. you can find this in both organic and synthtic formulas

-polish or glaze. this will give you that deep shine. some people prefere the 3m hand glaze (paint shop safe) some people prefer a syntetic fomulas

-sealent or wax to protect the shine and enhance it more. sealent is synthetic/polymer and wax is organic made with cananuba

-a selection of different pads for the Porter Cable buffers. Orange (from DP)works well with the swirl remover, the white (from DP) works well with the polish/glaze and the grey or black (from DP) work well for the final sealant or wax.

-Plastic cleaner and protectant

-Tire gel

-leather conditioner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just did my detail today and used the following:

1. Washed the car with the new Detailers Paradise Mystique wash and a DP lambswool mitt

2. Clay bar'd the whole car including the windows with the Blackfire clay bar and lubricant

3. washed the car again with the Mystique and the DP lambswool mitt

4. Used Einszett Lack-Politur swirl remover (organic) with the orange pad on speed 4.5 on the PC over the whole car then removed with microfiber towel

5. Switched to the Klasse AIO (poly) as a cleaner stage with a white pad on speed 4.0 on the PC over the whole car then removed with a fresh microfiber towel

6. Switched again to the 4-Star UPP to layer on top of the Klasse AIO with a black pad on 4.0 on the PC then wiped off with a fresh microfiber towel

7. i will repeat step 6 again tommarow night after the 4-Star UPP sets up.

8. Applied 2 coats of Klasse AIO to my wheels

7. Coated tires with the Ragg Top viynl protectant.

8. Applied 303 Aerospace to the splash guards and to the black plastic on the grill

Needless to say my car looks pretty shiney now. :D

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: supply list for those attending the detail day next week
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:25:16 PM »
I plan on attending, but If i am unable to attend next weekend i will try to get my PC to someone so you guys have another one to use down at Jons.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:25:16 PM »

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 04:09:09 PM »
Thanks for the info!

I ordered some supplies last week, hopefuly they get here soon!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 10:43:05 PM »
where did you order from Al? You could have just gone to see Nick over at Detailers Paradise on S. Broadway.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 10:53:57 PM »
for those of you wishing to share the buffers, I don't have enough pads to go around....so you may want to stop by Nick's place, www.detailersparadise.com or his store on Broadway, and pick up a few pads.

anyone is welcome to use my PC buffer, just that they need their own pads this time around.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 11:25:12 PM »
Jon -  if i can't make it i will get my PC to someone so you guys have a spare. But the same thing goes for me. I will bring the PC, but who ever uses it will need to supply their own pads.  

I listed above the different pads and their applications. Pickup the approriate pads and have at it.

Here is a link to the Pads avaliable thru Nick:

http://www.detailersparadise.com./_System/_AdvancedStore/ProductList.asp?DeptID=681420031122411%2D122521261407&CatID=631520061250572%2D691513519689

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 11:27:59 PM »
And remember, Nick is one of the guys that supports this site by advertising with us. He has great prodcuts and great customer service!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 12:14:23 AM »
Nick is a great guy, we asked him to join us, but he already had an event scheduled for the MINI Cooper guys that day, a demo at his shop from 10-2....so he can't make it.  Maybe next time we will plan this enough in advance for him to stop by and bring products and help with demos.

I used to get my stuff elsewhere, but Nick is such a straight shooter, and very informed, and prices for his products are more than reasonable...so now I just visit them.  Plus, I totally dig their store, and their dogs. :)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 12:47:30 AM »
Big 2nd for Nick.  He asks the ever-important qualifying questions to determine what is important to you.  He'll set you up with the stuff that will best suit your needs at a fair price.  Most importantly, he'll spend the time with you to show/tell you exactly how to use each product.  I never get any detailing stuff from anywhere else.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 02:01:03 AM »
I thought of Detailers Paradise, but I've never been there, so I wasn't sure exactly where it was.

I did a cruise down Broadway/Evans hoping I'd see it but must have missed it.  :(
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 02:22:32 AM »
Al, mapquest is your friend ;)  Hit up his web site and get the address from there, or give them a call.  They are awesome people that are enthusiasts just like us.  So in the future, you should give them a try.  They are really an untapped LOCAL resource for the top of the line in car care.

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 01:28:01 PM »
I'll definitely go there next time. That day i was out cruising, I didn't plan ahead, just thought of it while I was already out on the road... :(

....Now go ahead and rub it in that you have a Navi now!  :lol:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 01:39:04 PM »
yes, Navigation ROCKS...I seriously use it at least 1-2 times per week to find stuff.  With all the projects I have going on at the house, I am always going somewhere to find what I need.

I think I will just have to always have at least one car with navigation now, very helpful...and fun.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »
I was there a couple weeks ago and they have a sales table with a bunch of interesting stuff at least 50% off -- be sure to check it out.

I picked up a large can of Einszett Lack-Politur (paint polish) for a steal. That stuff last a long time, so everyone's more than welcome to use some of mine -- the sample size I received from Nick a couple years ago was enough to do at least three cars.

Nick's been really busy lately (with demos, workshops and GTGs), but his wife, Heather, who also works there from time to time is just as knowledgable as Nick.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:11:34 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus";p="44789"
I was there a couple weeks ago and they have a sales table with a bunch of interesting stuff at least 50% off -- be sure to check it out.

I picked up a large can of Einszett Lack-Politur (paint polish) for a steal. .

can i buy some of that from you? Mine is almost out, and i don't really need a whole bg bottle, i just want to refill my small 4-6oz bottle.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »
no problem.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
FYI, a friend of mine just bought a GTI.  His name is Phil.  I think he'll be at the detail day with us.   8)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »
i hope i doesn't rain.