Author Topic: Garage Day 11/8?  (Read 15530 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2003, 03:14:18 PM »
So what is the holdup?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2003, 03:46:30 PM »
He has a full time job doing construction and I know they  are doing a big project at the AFA int eh Springs right now and they have him working a lot.  I knew this before I dropped it off.  He just hasn't been able to put as much time into it.

He is a good kid and although I am a little frustrated, I know that it is being done well and right, not rushed.

It's still hard though, she is my first love and it's hard being away from her for so long.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2003, 03:46:30 PM »

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2003, 06:31:29 PM »
I've been trying to go at least one GTG, and every time I think it's gonna happen, I get sidetracked. It's kinda hard though because I work weekends, and I had surgery yesterday on my shoulder. Maybe in a couple of weeks there will be something else going on that I can't ditch out of. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, if I can just avoid the wonderful thing we all call lifes little problems....kids, wife, sleep, and last but not least the job.
Look officer, I really do own it......

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2003, 06:34:34 PM »
Well I know how shoulder surgery is since I had that and my 3rd knee surgery this last spring, so I know you'll be wanting to take it easy for a few weeks.

I'm going to try and talk Jen into having another Christmas party, but we'll see if that happens.

Maybe we can talk Jay into another party soon...I miss Elvis.  He loves me.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2003, 06:39:58 PM »
I can't say when the next Pit Party will be, at least where I'll be at it.  I don't last very long right now and if I had a party I would be asleep by 9 or 10 instead of 4 or 5 am ;).

I am trying to buy a house here soon, so maybe the next party I have will be there, if not, once I'm better there will for sure be a Jay is Better Time to get F'd up Party.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2003, 07:09:14 PM »
LOL!

Here's to the JIBTTGFU party!

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2003, 07:15:40 PM »
:twisted:  COUNT ME IN FOR THAT GTG !!!

:mrgreen: this is what we all will look like the day after, but who cares.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Directions
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2003, 01:19:19 AM »
What up all, I was talking to Randy about stopping by. He offered me to follow him but I think I will take care of a few things before I come over. I havn't met anybody in the forum besides Randy and Mike. I hope to meet everybody and learn a few things and maybe get some cool club pics of all our cars.  

Colorado B5: Would you mind e-mailing me your address so I can map quest it and get directions and possibly a number to reach you so that I can call if i get lost.  Thanks
See Ya tomorrow. 8O
snowboarder1921@hotmail.com
att

Chas

• Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2003, 02:58:59 AM »
Winston, How long are you guys planning on doing this tomorrow? I have a few things to do in the morning and the wife has given permission to bug out in the afternoon. I was hoping to be there earlier, but that isn't going to work out. No worries though. If you get a moment, give me a call on my Cell phone and let me know what's up. 303-668-4826

Thanks!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2003, 01:54:47 PM »
its 9 am i am on my way!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

BlackA4

• n00balicious
OOOPS!!
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2003, 05:12:08 AM »
Well I really wanted to come over and meet all you guys but I had an extremly late night. I hit the hay at 4:25a.m. We had a bit of a party and I couldn't get up in time to make it over. I was going to call Randy around 11:00 to see if you guys were still together but I had a few things come up.  I hope that i can meet up with you guys soon.

:(
Until then,
Matt
att

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2003, 02:50:07 AM »
I just wanted to give a BIG thanks to everyone that helped me out.  Having no choice but to be a total wuss these days is really hard on me and you guys stepping up was awesome.

I love my Tinted Tails (thanks Dub!!!), the Vaccum hoses are working great! (thanks Dub, Mark, Dave and Mike).  My wheels roll, more special thanks to Pat, Mark, Dub and everyone!

Thanks again guys!  Pat, I owe ya for the Philly, so next time I see ya make sure I give you the money.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2003, 12:09:02 PM »
Jay, it was great to see you!  It was no problem assisting with your car.  I am glad that you got the work done that you needed.

I also want to thank Dub for the hospitality and the tinted tails!   :mrgreen:   They totaly put a different look to the back end which needed something other than just the "Passat" lettering removed.

I also want to thank Mark. Milke and Andrew for helping with the fog light wire-up.  I can't wait to get the Euro switch in.  

It was really cool to meet some new faces and see some new rides.  For those who were not able to show up Saturday,  we will catch you next time!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2003, 12:32:16 PM »
Hey everyone, thanks for a great garage day.  We are a well oiled machine at garage days...

I wake up, take a shower, everyone shows up and starts cranking away with the air tools.  You guys are pro's now.

The pics are up in the gallery, so check em out.  I even got a shot of London's new BBS wheels on his 20th AE GTI...nice!

Dave's tail:

Matt and Chas, sorry I missed your posts Friday.  I must have left work already and didn't check them out that night.  We were working until about 4pm or so.

It was good to get everyone ship shape before the cold weather hits and hopefully the rear fogs will get some use soon.

So all in all, we did three sets of tails, Jay's vaccum hoses and wheels, we checked JR's suspension after a nasty encounter with something on the road, we tried to change out Hawks control arms, but the same problem with bolts kept us from getting his control arms in.  Alan, Mark and I all used Alan's new oil extractor, which worked great.  Mark, Andrew and Dave all got the rear fog put in and Mark and Dave did the extra brake lights too.

All in all, it was a great day.  There was no way we were doing calipers, so we'll save that for another time...

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2003, 01:31:43 PM »
Well I finally made it to a GTG :!:

Dub - Thanks for hospitality and the "gift" :wink:  :wink:   I am sorry I was not able to roll up the shirt and dive in, but Espen is a little too wild and I did not want him to destroy your house.

It was get to seet the rest (orsome of the rest) of the die-hards.  Nest time I will try to find alternate arrangements if I have Espen so I can participate fully.

Hope to see you all soon. 8)
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2003, 02:05:06 PM »
Yo! Thanks Dub for the great Garage Day! The tails are awesome, sorry I had to bust out so quick on you guys, but as you know (or didn't) my wife had a medical condition kick in when she got lost, not good. I found out when I got home. Anyway, she loved the brake light mods, and the tinted tails!
Thanks!
It was great meeting Kraut and seeing all the guys again.
 :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2003, 02:28:32 PM »
You bet guys!  It was good meeting you Randy.  JR, tell Tisha (if you can) that we all hope she is feeling better.

Oh I forgot to post this, but it is inevitable that I end up with more stuff than I started with.  I have Hawk's sweatshirt, Alan's watch and Dave, I think you left your Dremel.

So for the next GTG, I will be warm, on time and ready to Dremel.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2003, 02:33:27 PM »
I think i left my tire iron thingy there too Dub.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2003, 02:58:14 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I think i left my tire iron thingy there too Dub.

Thanks Jay.  I'll check for it and stick it in my trunk for our next GTG, whenever that may be.

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2003, 03:32:03 PM »
Much thanks to Winston for hosting. You are one of the few who have a perfect house for these kinds of GTG's - hopefully I will soon have one too (house, that is). I had a lot of fun and learned a few things in the process! :lol: I really like the dual fogs I wired up and got so excited I wired up the extra led in the euroswitch last night! :P

Thanks to all my peeps - Alan for the extractor, Pat for the Philly (I owe you $3) Winston for the hospitality and wire connectors, JR for the donuts and everyone else for showing up. The more people, the more fun!
 :)
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2003, 03:42:33 PM »
Quote from: "madigan"
I really like the dual fogs I wired up and got so excited I wired up the extra led in the euroswitch last night! :P

No way!  Well you can repay me by helping me do this too!  If we can do that and wire up the dash display for this, I'll be one happy camper...

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2003, 04:49:06 PM »
Yeah Dub, I realized when I got home that I left the Dremel and the bit set.  I will have to stop by sometime to pick it up.  Maybe I can lay a copy of Americas Army on ya if you want it.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2003, 04:51:24 PM »
That sounds good.  Let me know when you want to come by.

shummer

• Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2003, 05:10:23 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
I really like the dual fogs I wired up and got so excited I wired up the extra led in the euroswitch last night! :P

No way!  Well you can repay me by helping me do this too!  If we can do that and wire up the dash display for this, I'll be one happy camper...

I agree. The extra led in the euroswitch is cool, but the dash display is uber cool.

P.S. - Forgot to ask, but did anyone do the sock mod? I wanted to check that out.

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2003, 05:50:03 PM »
Maybe weekend after next (22nd or 23rd) we can have a wiring garge day. I want to wire the indicator in the dash too so we can all do that and solder in the led on the euroswitch. Also, I have some extra led's available if anyone wants. :)
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2003, 06:17:21 PM »
I'm up for that.  I know how to solder, but don't have the tools...

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2003, 01:52:22 AM »
Well, it looks like I wired something wrong on the euroswitch. I noticed tonight that when I press the brake pedal the rear fog icon on the euroswitch lights up. So, I de-soldered the led and think I'll just leave it as it is. I think I'd rather have the fog icon in the dash anyway- it's easier to see too. Oh well. :?
mad wagon

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2003, 02:05:09 AM »
Well, it looks like I wired something wrong on the euroswitch. I noticed tonight that when I press the brake pedal the rear fog icon on the euroswitch lights up. So, I de-soldered the led and think I'll just leave it as it is. I think I'd rather have the fog icon in the dash anyway- it's easier to see too. Oh well. :?

Sounds like you need another diode somewhere.  Maybe on the wire from the euroswitch to the rear light assembly.  Put a diode on that wire in the correct orientation (test each way before crimping) and that might take care of that problem.  And if you already have a diode on that wire, well, I don't know what to tell ya.  :?
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day 11/8?
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2003, 01:32:42 PM »
Quote from: "velo"
Sounds like you need another diode somewhere.  Maybe on the wire from the euroswitch to the rear light assembly.  Put a diode on that wire in the correct orientation (test each way before crimping) and that might take care of that problem.  And if you already have a diode on that wire, well, I don't know what to tell ya.  :?

That's probably what it is! The only place I don't have a diode is on the wire to the euroswitch. Thanks Alan! Oh...anyone have an extra diode they willing to part with? :)
mad wagon