Author Topic: Job Opening  (Read 1089 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Job Opening
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »
Here is a listing for my company, we are really in need of this position, if you are qualified, PM me:

Associate Product Manager

The Associate Product Manager for ServiceMagic will play a key role in creating and managing a complete consumer experience at ServiceMagic.  With an eye for detail and a fanatic customer focus, the Associate Product Manager will research and identify market opportunities and translate them into actionable and profitable product features and enhancements.  This position is perfect for an entrepreneurial and analytical self-starter with 1–2 years of online marketing experience.  S/he must be a team-player that can both lead and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.

As the market leader, ServiceMagic is an innovative and results-driven organization. We’re looking for a fast-thinking, faster-acting, fun-loving professional to help build the ServiceMagic consumer experience – and grow with us.  

Essential Duties:
•   Participates in the overall development of, and execution against, the product strategy for ServiceMagic’s consumer offering.
•   Conduct analysis of user behavior, competitive practices, and industry trends in the development of new features and functionality on the ServiceMagic web site(s).
•   Maintain ownership and accurate documentation of the ServiceMagic offering.  This includes continual reviews of current functionality and implementation of new functional enhancements, as well as maintenance of primary knowledge and accurate documentation of all aspects of our user’s experience.
•   Manage project deliverables and timelines both internally and externally to insure execution matches product vision and/or other client expectations.
•   Maintain awareness & execute product enhancements that utilize best practices for search engine optimization.
•   Create and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders in the development of product enhancements – primarily with the technology team, but also including graphic design and other internal customers.

Knowledge & Skills:
•   1 - 2 years experience in online marketing and/or product management desired.
•   Familiarity with Internet technology and user interface design.
•   Strong ability to think analytically and consider both strategic and tactical impacts of alternatives.
•   Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining and supporting the overall system goals and objectives.
•   Ability to manage cross-functionally.
•   Demonstrated project management skills.
•   Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
•   Self-motivated, proactive individual with positive attitude.
•   Comfortable working in extremely fast-paced environment.
•   Local candidates preferred
•   BA/BS required

Basically, this job entails you coming up with cool shizzle to enhance our product(s) while I and the rest of the web development team turn your dreams into an internet reality...or something like that. It is a lot of work, you get a lot of grief from people like me and in the end, put out some kickass enhancements.

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Job Opening
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »
Jay, most of the PMs I know are WAY more senior than that.  I'll check around though as I know a couple folks that might be interested.

If the director or VP spot over that one ever opens up, then let me know 'cause I'd be interested.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 09:40:21 PM »
I know originally we looked for someone more senior, but I'm not sure where that's at now. I think we lessened our requirment to this to broaden the pool.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:46:30 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="44961"
I know originally we looked for someone more senior, but I'm not sure where that's at now. I think we lessened our requirment to this to broaden the pool.

I am eating lunch next week with 2 of my former employees who would fall in that more senior pool.  I'll mention it to both of them. Just guessing, but they'd probably both require a salary between 80 and 100K to leave their current jobs though.  both would fall into the 8+ years experience in product management group.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:52:49 PM »
Well not that I got more details on the position, it is definitley not going to fit for those guys. Sorry.

As I better understand now, if someone fits the bill of the listing, then that is what we want.

I cannot get pay info, but I can get folks in contact with our HR people to apply and go that route. Pretty typical corporate stuff.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:54:19 PM »
I understand.  I'll ask around to see if I can find anyone more junior who is looking who might fit that bill better.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 09:56:33 PM »
one more thing.  I have often found that developers who are business minded often make good internal promotions into junior product management roles like that.