Author Topic: a little help with some diagnosis?  (Read 4194 times)

Lila

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
Re: a little help with some diagnosis?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 12:16:56 PM »
My interpretation of the warranty was that all emissions control equipment was covered pursuant to the federal law.  Of course, you may have to fight for that, but I'd try if I were you.  The O2 sensors aren't cheap.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 12:49:53 PM »
Bummer!

I can get Zoldmans, but if it is rabbits, I have a better cure using OEM sensors and some metalic tiewrap.  

Keep us posted.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 12:49:53 PM »

Lila

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 11:06:20 PM »
Randy -- What I was trying to say is that I think 02 sensors are emissions control equipment, which would be covered.  Sorry if I was unclear.  Of course, the real test is to go to the stealership and actually get them to pay....

The regs are in the CFR, not too hard to find.

Mike

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 11:11:36 AM »
Andrew sorry to hear you are having problems with the O2 sensor.  Randy fixed mine after the squirrels decided to chew the wires on my rear O2 sensor.  If the wires are chewed the dealer is probably not going to cover things under warranty.  If it's the cats failing then maybe they will.  You can drive the car with the sensor being faulty.  It just may run a little lean or rich

If it is the wires being chewed Randy and Mark covered the wires on my new O2 sensor with some chrome plated wire looming that I picked up to hopefully keep these rodents from enjoying the next chew session.

Good luck with it and keep us posted of what it actually is.

Rob