Author Topic: first 4 wheeling adventure with my X  (Read 905 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
first 4 wheeling adventure with my X
« on: April 24, 2006, 02:17:35 AM »
Crystal and I left morrison around 4pm.  I had to finish homework before we left.  We went up to this place by winter park, but 100yards into it and it was too snowy and we knew we would get stuck.  So we took a picture when we got back on the road:

We tried this one "trail" that looked like it might be nice... but you could have gone up it with an all roads or something.. nothing special, just kinda rough.  But very pretty at the top:

But, on the way home I thought I could find something interesting going up 103 (mt evans) from idaho springs... and I did.  I need to find out the difficulty of this trail, because a couple of the sections seems really hard to me.  I hit my Rock sliders, but not hard... not even sure it dented them.   This was a really pretty spot, but it was getting dark and I accidently had the camera on auto, so it used the flash... but I think it was too dark to have people in the shot w/o using a flash.

Anyway, just sharing my fun night.

Life's too short to be taken seriously

TurboDub

• Modded
Re: first 4 wheeling adventure with my X
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »
That looks awesome! I haven't made it up into the mountains in a while...Your pictures remind me how much I need to make some time to get up there one of these days.  

The X looks right at home out there. Where did you get the tint done?
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:45:36 PM »
X's are fun :D
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 05:28:41 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub";p="45649"
The X looks right at home out there. Where did you get the tint done?

tint was done by Galen at Pro Tint (colfax and wads - 1 block south on wads).  He matched the back part perfectly.  Jay Geitl and a few other people I know have also gotten tint there.  This is my 4th(?) car he has tinted... 303.233.7315   He also clear bra'd some of my X, which really saved the front of my car last night with those bushes... just hope they didn't scratch my sides up in a way that makes it look bad.

JR, I am planning on going on that may 6th? Xterra 4x4 trip.  That or I might just go to China Wall this weekend.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:11:05 PM »
I'm planning on the 6th. I was going to go camping this weekend, but it's looking to be a little chilly.

HAHA! Scratches...you should see mine after the two trips I've been on! :twisted:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner