Author Topic: Thanks to Pat....  (Read 2449 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Thanks to Pat....
« on: April 27, 2006, 05:52:17 PM »
Been doing some work on Pat's car, getting it ready for Miller in a couple of weeks.  Anyway, we needed some specialty tools for the O2 sensors, and he bought them, and then gave them to me...a full set of metric crow's feet and a monster 1/2" extension.  All things I really needed.  Thanks buddy, I really appreciate your leaving me some new tools!!!!

I also finally got me a 24" breaker bar for the 1/2" sockets....man, that thing is sweet!!!

I love new tools 8)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Thanks to Pat....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »
Sweet, I'll come by and borrow them later. ;)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »
you can come by, and use them any time you want...part of the joy of having such a cool new garage is sharing it :)

in the past month, we have replaced Pat's rotors and pads, shocks, 2 O2 sensors, an upper control arm, tie rod ends, fuel injector O rings, rear sway bar bushings, and he did his oil change today.  I think that is all we have done on his car recently.

Despite the miles on the car, and how hard he drives it, it is one of the best handling A4's out there, in my opinion.  VERY solid.  I have learned a lot working on his car, and we plan on doing his timing belt again sometime this summer.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 06:16:27 PM »
oh yeah, I put a new grill on the MINI today, had it for a long time, finally got it on this morning.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:01:27 PM »
Hey Jonny Jon Joncakes, thanks for all the help.  Yeah, the car is solid as a rock....thanks in large part to your time and effort.  Have I mentioned lately that I love driving my car?    8)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 07:06:19 PM »
Oh, and one other thing....my trip computer now says I get 3.5 mpg better than before the new O2 sensors went in.  I think that's probably optimistic, and will drop to maybe 2 mpg better than before, but still....that's a huge difference considering the car showed no signs of bad/worn sensors before we put in the new ones.  The old ones had about 100K miles on 'em.   :D
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »
awesome.  See how eco friendly your car is now!!!!  Almost as good as a hybrid :lol:

...hmmm, get a new A3, or a Prius.....J/K, have to give you a hard time ya know.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 07:42:05 PM »
pat - can i drive your car sometime? I want to feel how the k04 kicks in.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 07:48:48 PM »
Quote from: "Eric18T";p="45834"
pat - can i drive your car sometime? I want to feel how the k04 kicks in.

Any time you wish, sir.  Although you maybe should ask for permission from Jon too, as this car is about as much his as it is mine after all the stuff he's helped me with.  
Give me a call sometime and we'll go have a beer.
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 07:54:30 PM »
Quote from: "DenverPat";p="45835"
Although you maybe should as for permission from Jon too, as this car is about as much his as it is mine after all the stuff he's helped me with.  

Very kind of you.  Not my car at all...I have learned more about cars working on your car than I have anywhere else.  Thanks for trusting me after all these years....I consider your car a "test mule" and my knowledge has inreased due to it.  

But if he does need my permission, well, he can test drive it...just as long as he smashes in the front bumper and gets you a new one, haha, that is the only thing yoru car needs, a new bumper. :lol:

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 07:57:10 PM »
LOL!
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 11:03:37 PM »
Yes Pat, your car is always very well maintained.  You have come a long way with it haven't you?

I am the same way...the Passat was the first car I did a LOT of things on.

Jon, I thought you got rid of the Mini?  Did you get another one?  Between you and Jay, I don't know what you guys are driving.  I don't even change my underwear that much...J/K...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 03:47:24 AM »
I still have the MINI.  Betsy and I really thought about it and figured it was not worth getting rid of, and we were still able to swing all the upgrades to the new house, so it stayed with us.  We also have a Tacoma pick up that Betsy drives, and I use the 2006 Honda Civic as a commuter.  That will only be until next spring or summer, when I replace the Honda with something new.  I have something in mind, but we will see how it all turns out by that time.